Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #1541
JRA

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Anyone know where the Sky3 WiFiRanger toggle switch is located?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #1542

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Funny noise...

I 've just got back from a 3 night local trip to see how systems fared over the winter and noticed an odd sound when the fridge on LP cycled off. The fridge worked fine so I am just looking for any thoughts on why? It sounds like a metal "tink'". I took a picture but even with panel open I could not identify what was making the noise - it happens rarely but quite noticeably when it occurs. Anyone had this happen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200612_104542981.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	24225  
Old 06-14-2020, 01:46 AM   #1543

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Hello Nancy,

We have never had that type of noise with the fridge that I recall.

I just got ours ready for a two week trip this past week. Our son and DIL are headed for southern Utah for two weeks. First long trip for the 23TR since 2018. We barely have 18,000 miles on it. Now with this pandemic we have no idea what to plan. After 12 years of retirement and the shut down I decided to return to work for a while to get out of the house. So i have been using the RV for a second car once or twice a week. I haven't been on the forum for a while and know nothing of a possible gathering in late summer or fall. Any chat about that?
Old 06-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #1544

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Nancy: I neither have heard any strange noises from the refrigerator.
Regarding a Get together , here in Canada we cannot yet travel to other provinces to go camping as of yet and the border to the US is still closed to anything but commercial vehicles, so will most likely tour around the province of Ontario and hope for a better 2021. Stay safe and practice social distantsing.
Coveman2
Old 06-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #1545

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
23te

Any information or thoughts on new Gemini/Compass 23TE floor plan?

Haven’t seen much beyond floorplan; which stands out for a unit this size by having only one Murphy bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4241A18D-63CD-43DD-9BAF-487D56E23AEC.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	24248  
Old 06-15-2020, 12:05 AM   #1546

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Hi mountainsam and Coveman2,
Thanks for your comments re my "tink" sound. I will likely just monitor it for now;-)
Yes unfortuantely, as Coveman2 mentioned, a get together doesn't seem likely until 2021. I see the Annual Escapee Escapade is planned near Tuscon Arizona for late March 2021 (I had been planning to attend the 2020 event before it was canceled due to Covid) maybe we could plan a Gemini and Compass get togther before or after that huge event?
Nancy
Old 06-15-2020, 12:47 AM   #1547

Model: Tibuton 24RW
State: Missouri
THOR #14227
I am interested in either a Compass or Gemini also, but all I can see that is new for 2021 is the chassis. As everyone probably knows by now they will only be offered on the Ford AWD (gas only) transit chassis. Actually I like the 24FW floor plan a little better.
Toad, 2019 Ranger
Retired School Teachers
Ozark Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #1548

THOR #14621
Coveman2, I see that you are in the Napanee area. I am also located in Ontario. Wondering if there is a possibility of something in southern Ontario?
Old 06-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #1549

THOR #13224
Big Wheel: Just waiting to see how everything works out with Covid 19 in Ontario.
I am not sure if you have looked but all of the popular Provincial Parks are almost fully booked until the middle of September and the parks with no services are almost full. May have to wait for 2021 to see what happens.
Stay safe and safe travels if you can
Coveman2
Old 06-17-2020, 02:10 AM   #1550

Model: Gemini 23tb
State: Georgia
THOR #16970
Windshield cover

I got a ADCO #2525 cover for my 2018 Gemini but it does not fit. I think the over head does not let the cover go up enough. I am getting in touch with the company to see about a better fit. Has anyone got a windshield cover that goes on the outside and fits the Gemini.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #1551

THOR #13224
There may be now but I had the same cover and sent it back as it was too small. I have not looked for one as I bought the Weathtech inside sunscreen and very happy with it.
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 06-17-2020, 11:17 AM   #1552

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by carver Gary View Post
I got a ADCO #2525 cover for my 2018 Gemini but it does not fit. I think the over head does not let the cover go up enough. I am getting in touch with the company to see about a better fit. Has anyone got a windshield cover that goes on the outside and fits the Gemini.

Can’t say for Gemini, but I’ve been using ADCO covers on E-Series motorhomes for over 20 years and they go on pretty tight. One time a severe storm with high winds lifted one lower corner and rolled it back onto windshield, so I’m guessing it needs to be on tight to keep wind from getting under it. That was only time I had an issue.

I’m not suggesting yours is correct — it may not fit. Just that for me it takes a little pulling to get it on. For what it’s worth, mine have been the simple E-Series models without windows which may make it easier to install. It took me a few tries to develop a routine that worked easier and I’ve stuck to it.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:41 PM   #1553

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
It does have a larger bath and less storage inside.
Factory rep. says units to dealers in early September.
We still like the TW best and are waiting for the units to arrive, will be perfect for where we live in Alaska and the drive out.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:43 PM   #1554

THOR #14358
Sorry, I was responding to the Chance post on 6-14-2020 and forgot to say so
Old 06-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #1555

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
will be perfect for where we live in Alaska and the drive out.
You gave me a smile - "for the drive out." I get it. We live in Whitehorse. After driving the Alaska Highway about 20 times over the last 35 years, thinking about the drive out is important.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:20 PM   #1556

THOR #14358
Yukongrant,
We are at 27 mile Haines highway and the AWD will absolutely be a real jewel. We have driven the Alaska highway about the same amount in 25 years. The AWD will be excellent around the Muncho Lake & Stone Mountain area.
Love Whitehorse, shop there once a month. Outstanding Mexican restaurant, Sanchez' Cantina, excellent food!
Currently have 2018 Compass TR, great RV for 2 retired people.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #1557

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
I asked several weeks ago about air bag systems for a Gemini/Compass class unit.
My son located a Firestone Ride-Rite that installs and works well. My unit is a 2017 on a Ford Chassis.
The compressor fits perfectly behind the fire extinguisher, the pressure tank (1/2 gallon) fits in front of the battery box and leaves room to run tubing and wire through the floor. (Securing the compressor was the toughest part, there was little extra space. It took a long 1/8 drill bit and driver to secure it to the floor
The control box was obviously designed for a commercial vehicle (ugly and in the way) so an aluminum plate with appropriate sized holes works well and mounts above and behind the passenger's head. It looks factory and it is rarely if every adjusted on the go. We added an on/off switch since we wired it, through a fuse, to the battery.
It makes for a much softer ride. I tried it at 30#, 25#, and 20#. All soften the ride noticeably, 30# probably most - and it does seems to help handling, but that is hard to measure.
Best, since both sides adjust independently, they work very well for helping level in those hard to level locations, and the little tweek that a rig often takes after setting a few hours.
For you with SUMOs, probably not worth the switch, but if you have neither, and are looking the adjustable air bag is worth the extra money.
Took two of us with some mechanical skill a full day, plus a little the second day for tidying things up. We only had to modify the control box - everything else fit.
Tried to attach pix. Not computer literate enough to know the URL for something on my own computer. If someone is interested, maybe they can tell me how to post a picture.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #1558

THOR #13224
23 TB Slide

Was out checking for places where mice or insects could get in and found that on my unit where the rubber gasket and the slide meet there are gaps along the right side and bottom of the slide and I could see into the bed quite clearly.
Using high intensity flash lights at night also found a spot where there was a pipe coming down and the spot was either not foamed or it fell out. (under the water heater and between the outside wall and the bottom of the storage bin) I sealed it up with waterproof Pond and Stone Foam.
Anyone else found this problem?
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
Old 06-29-2020, 12:04 AM   #1559

THOR #6701
I found the low drain lines going through the floor had lots of room for mice. I used window foam to seal it up. This is when we first got the rig. We have never had a critter get in but the neighbors cat is usually found sleeping under our 23TR so I suspect he caught a critter or two
in the area at some point.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #1560

THOR #6701
re-gen

Our son borrowed our RV for a trip with his family to Southern Utah. Everything was going good until the re-gen system failed. Knocked him down to 35 mph. He had been driving for about 10 hours in 100+ heat. He stopped in St. George and a repair shop ( not Ford dealer ) made repairs and he was on his way. He says it is working fine now. The day after this I received a letter that extends the warranty on that system. Mine would still be under warranty anyway however the Ford dealer in Utah couldn't make the repairs and recommended a diesel shop. Ford will pay for the repairs but not the diagnostics. ( We'll see about that )

Has anyone else been fighting this? Ours did it 3 years ago on our first long trip but not since the local Ford dealer did some reprogramming. Since the Covid 19 issue I went back to work after 12 years retirement and have been using the RV occasionally as a second car. I am thinking several 30 minute trips isn't long enough for the Cat filter to clean? Am I on the right track here? We have less than 20,000 miles on it.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall