Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #1661

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
We have the new control panel. It's nice. But I'm not sure it's worth the expense to change. (I'm not sure, but I believe you would have to do some major rewiring.)
When you take a look, check all the systems. Turn things on and off. Open and close the slide and awning. Take it for a test drive. Take a look at the roof. Take your time.

Old 09-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #1662

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
If you have the VIN number you can download all of the manuals for the model you are looking at and become familiar with all of the systems. Changing up the control panel would be very costly and I have the older version and it works just fine, and fewer problems with the technology.
Take your time and ask a lot of questions
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB ( I have had problems but all resolved by my dealer or Thor and very happy with it)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:23 PM   #1663
JRA

Model: 2019 Gemini 23TB
State: Georgia
THOR #17642
Anyone have advice for cleaning the under side of the awning? I seem to have some very stubborn spots that I think are from pine sap. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:48 PM   #1664

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Anyone have advice for cleaning the under side of the awning? I seem to have some very stubborn spots that I think are from pine sap. Thanks in advance.

I use a spray foam bathroom cleaner, let it sit for a bit then scrub with a soft brush and rinse with a hose. It’s a very messy job and you should wear eye protection so you do t get soap in ‘em.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:41 AM   #1665

Model: Gemini 23TW
State: Alaska
THOR #14358
I use ZEP, Fast 505 Degreaser works very well. Let it soak in for a couple of minutes then hose off with water. Be sure to use eye protection
Old 09-07-2020, 04:43 AM   #1666

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #20401
New 2020 compass 24SX

Hi just bought 2020 compass 24SX. This is my very first RV. One of the main reasons I bought the compass was the Mercedez cab, chassis and the 3 liter turbo Diesel engine. Second was the price for $90k it was bang for the buck . With that being said I have the Sumo front and back springs, rear Fox shocks and will also install the Hellwig rear sway bar. Is there a way to have the rear lifted say 2 inches? Coming out of Parking lots the rear hitch guards bottoms out and scrapes . Other question is this model doesn’t have a ladder in the back to access the roof. Can one be fitted? Last question can you walk on the roof on the 24SX? Thanks again my first post here and glad to have found this forum.
Lee
png upload
Old 09-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #1667

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Westerner

Welcome to the forum. I just sent you a long private message regarding a couple of your questions. The forum is here to help out. As you go along, you will have questions or concerns, just ask away here on the forum and someone will be happy to help you out.

Paul
Old 09-07-2020, 11:32 PM   #1668

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Ontario
THOR #4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerner View Post
Hi just bought 2020 compass 24SX. This is my very first RV. One of the main reasons I bought the compass was the Mercedez cab, chassis and the 3 liter turbo Diesel engine. Second was the price for $90k it was bang for the buck . With that being said I have the Sumo front and back springs, rear Fox shocks and will also install the Hellwig rear sway bar. Is there a way to have the rear lifted say 2 inches? Coming out of Parking lots the rear hitch guards bottoms out and scrapes . Other question is this model doesn’t have a ladder in the back to access the roof. Can one be fitted? Last question can you walk on the roof on the 24SX? Thanks again my first post here and glad to have found this forum.
Lee
png upload
I have the 2020 SX as well. I have walked carefully on the roof without issue. I wouldn't make it a habit..haha.
No idea on if anyone has affixed a ladder but I simply purchased a collapsible ladder and take with me if I think I'll need it.
I found the shocks and sway bar was very impressive, being stock and all_ no need to upgrade. Coming from Class A motorhomes, my SX is a dream to drive.

I did install Solar, Inverter, electric stabilizers and a SAT dome.

Easy on the pulls for the recliners. Ours broke. Also, awaiting for a new tablet from Thor...current one will not keep a charge. Oddly enough, chassis was missing the hood prop. A few other items to fix but all and all, met the expectations I had with Thor.
Old 09-08-2020, 03:41 AM   #1669

Model: Four Winds 25V
State: British Columbia
THOR #16038
cleaning awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I use a bathroom spray foam cleaner ( Scrubbing bubbles). This cleaner is excellent for removing bug splats on the front cab .
Old 09-09-2020, 01:44 AM   #1670

State: Nevada
THOR #20401
Thank you Paul for the PM and thank you Envy for your response .

I have another question on the 3500 diully . How do I remove the wheel cover to access the air stem ? I put a socket on one of those fake lug covers but couldn’t take it off. Thank you again folks.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #1671

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
There are two screws to remove. I took mine off and put in storage.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #1672

Model: Gemini SX, 2018 MB diesel
State: North Carolina
THOR #19778
Quote:
Thank you Paul for the PM and thank you Envy for your response .

I have another question on the 3500 diully . How do I remove the wheel cover to access the air stem ? I put a socket on one of those fake lug covers but couldn’t take it off. Thank you again folks.

I have the Gemini SX which appears to be exactly the same.

Even after you remove wheel covers you will find that it is still nearly impossible to check or add air.

So I purchased these :

https://yourtireshopsupply.com/category/796_832/sprinter-class

Now I'm almost reluctant to advise getting these installed as I've had rather a nightmare getting them properly installed. After 4 trips to local truck tire dealer I finally switched to a different dealer and they were able to get stems to seal first time.

Then I purchased these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HYJXY9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_e2kwFbVN185SD

So far so good.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #1673

THOR #12698
Those are called Wheel Simulators and they are basically a large hub cap. You have to pry them off with a large flat head screw driver all the way around until it pops off. I installed tire valve extenders in order to access my valve stems. Be careful re-installing the front ones. There is a cut out on the inside of the wheel simulators that needs to go around the valve stem in order for it to fit back on the wheel. I made the mistake and did not look closely at it and tried to force it back on and cut the valve stem. I had to then take the wheel off and put my spare on it until I could have the valve stem replaced. To put them back on the wheels you have to pop them back into place with either a large rubber mallet or like I did was to use the bottom of my foot to push it back on to the wheel while sitting on the ground next to the wheel. I also found out that after a few times of removing them, they become loose. I lost one on the road and never knew it until after returning home. I had to replace it($90.00). I now put zip ties on each wheel simulator to ensure they remain on my wheels. I no longer have to remove them to check the air pressure with the tire valve extenders installed. I do carry a spare wheel(rim and tire) on a spare tire carrier mounted on my hitch.

Paul
Old 09-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #1674

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
Hi all,
A reply about valve stems. I have a gemini 2017 TR. Had a slow leak on inside rear . Had a heck of a time trying to fill it. After installing stem extensions ( no less than 4 trips back to ford dealer to correct leaking stems) was easy to get to stems. But, now after so many leaks , started checking pressure several times during a trip. Left them on for a season. No problems. Then bought TPMS. Was in heaven because all you have to do is glance a monitor while driving. Then my nightmare with sims started. Sims are held in place w two keeper sim lug nuts. They become loose and fly off on highway. Ford dealer says I have to buy whole sim to replace. Recommended after market nuts. Good luck searching. I finally solved problem , but took a while. During time w no sim , on a trip, had a very fast leak on tire. With no sim holding stem in place , weight of TPMS cracked stem. Tire guy says it throws off concentricity. While getting fixed ,I find out about hard to find rim and tire size. 250 for rim 125 for tire. Now carry spare tire, air jack, compressor, spare lug nuts ,and wrench's with me all times. Also have 24 hour road service. Crazy thing is with all the trouble I went thru, road trips are still worth it.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:09 PM   #1675

Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
2020 Compass 23TW Q'

Hello all,

Have a few questions about our new 2020 Compass 23TW with the 3.2 Diesel.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Where are folks storing your sewer, water hose, shore cables and adapters, (surge protector in cab to $$$).

Do you run the generator at night while sleeping?

How to secure bed, shower/curtain rod will not work, nothing to attach the ends to.

Did your unit come with a curtain for the cab?

Exhaust rattling against mudflat bracket, anyone have this issue?

Mud flap only attached to bracket with one bolt, is there a better solution?

How many folks do the generator breakin (ours is propane); 1/2 rated power for 2 hrs, then 3/4 rated power for 2 more hours and oil change after 20 hrs.

How are folks estimating run hours?
Old 09-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #1676

THOR #12698
Hi Roadrunner255

Welcome to the forum. I do not have the same motor home as you have but my comments will apply to your questions. I have a 2018 Thor Siesta 24SS built on a Mercedes Benz Chassis and not a Ford Transit Chassis.

I now store my sewer hose under my coach in a sewer hose holder that I attached to the frame with metal worm hose clamps. My coach cable, surge protector and misc items are stored inside one of my outside storage bins. You should not run your generator at night due to the possibility of exhaust fumes entering the motor home that could cause death. I installed a curtain between the cab and and the coach using a curtain rod with end attachments that I bought at home depot. The curtain I bought at a discount store for about $30.00. I used short screws to attach the ends to the walls. The generator break in is set up to follow the manufacturer warranty. I did change my oil as set up in the manual. The oil change is very easy to do at home. I also keep a quart of the oil on board in case I should need it(which I did this past summer). If the oil runs low the generator will suddenly shut off. Not too good when going through some high dessert heat on the road. You generator should have an hour meter on it so you will be able to know when things need to be changed.

Paul
Old 09-11-2020, 11:48 PM   #1677

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Hello all,

Have a few questions about our new 2020 Compass 23TW with the 3.2 Diesel.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Where are folks storing your sewer, water hose, shore cables and adapters, (surge protector in cab to $$$).

Do you run the generator at night while sleeping?

How to secure bed, shower/curtain rod will not work, nothing to attach the ends to.

Did your unit come with a curtain for the cab?

Exhaust rattling against mudflat bracket, anyone have this issue?

Mud flap only attached to bracket with one bolt, is there a better solution?

How many folks do the generator breakin (ours is propane); 1/2 rated power for 2 hrs, then 3/4 rated power for 2 more hours and oil change after 20 hrs.

How are folks estimating run hours?
We have a compass 23TR - a different configuration. So my experience may not work for you.
I store our stinky slinky in the sewer drain compartment. I just have to make sure to twist the drain pipe into the storage position and then put the plastic cap back in place. Seems like lots of room for a 15 foot sewer hose.
The other pieces I store in an outside compartment on the driver's side. (Easy access when hooking up.)
We do not run the generator at night. It's right under our bed and I would be worried about fumes.
Our bed folds up. There was a strap along one side with a snap. We forgot to unsnap in once and pulled the bed down. Ripped the strap but a bit of sewing added a new strap and it works great. We've traveled over some rough roads and never had the bed tip down.
Yes, our unit came with a curtain for the front window. It's not the best. A little thin to block out sun. And the Velcro fasteners are not very good. But it does the job.
We dd not have the mudflap issues.
Our generator is propane too. Yes, we followed the manufacturer's recommendations. Ours was a bit different - just the 2 hours at 50% and then an oil change at 10 hours. Check your control panel under the generator to see how many hours you've run.
Hope you enjoy the rig. We sure like ours.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:14 AM   #1678

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Quote:

Be careful on the wheel covers. some pry off, some have a couple screws but mine have two of the decorative nuts that screw off. They are identified by a indentation on one flat. If you start prying you can damage them.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1599955931
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1599955931
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFB5CDD8-B44C-4E6C-9AD0-346C07515046.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	26096   Click image for larger version

Name:	DE4360ED-E0DB-45D8-A292-E804DCEDD5D4.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	26097  

Old 09-15-2020, 03:47 PM   #1679

State: Maine
THOR #19901
I have tried searching and can't find anything, has anyone replaced their Dinette in the 23TK with a couch or sofa?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #1680

Model: 23 TR
State: Florida
THOR #10954
Fire hazard power panel!!

While I have been becoming an expert on Norcold N512 refrigerator; I found this shocking{pun intended}issue. This is the breaker power panel in the back of the RV. You can look though the side access door to see behind this panel. What I found is saw dust from the building process almost completely filling the inside of the breaker panel. Big fire hazard mixing 110 and 12 volt electric with fine saw dust. There are 2 screws on front panel and then 4 more behind the panel that will remove it from the wall. Have a 1/4 tube for your vacuum to get behind the bottom part of the frame.
Can not believe Thor would leave this major fire hazard for owner to correct. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	power panel1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	26184   Click image for larger version

Name:	power panel2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	26185  

Name:	power panel3.jpg