Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2021, 10:12 PM   #1941

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Ford pass app and recall 21E01

I was checking out the Ford Pass app and noticed a recall.

Anyone get the Ford dealer to check the recall for the 2019 Transit 350 "Calibration for NOX sensor faults"? This is on a 2020 Compass 23TW with the diesel.

Cheers!

Old 06-29-2021, 11:01 PM   #1942

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Yes: I had that recall done at my local Ford dealer in Kingston Ontario Canada. The service rep said that it was a software issue and should not happen again, took about an hour to complete
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
Old 06-30-2021, 12:00 AM   #1943

THOR #19878
Thanks
Old 07-01-2021, 10:36 PM   #1944

Model: Compass 23TW
State: California
THOR #21492
2021 Compass 23TW

Hi. I picked up my 2021 Compass 23TW on April 20, 2021 in Elkhart and drove it back to Calif in 13 days through SD, MT, WY, ID, UT. About 3,200 miles. Headwind on most of trip. Got 14.5mpg taking it easy like 55-60mph. Plenty of turbo power. Never really used the power except to see what was there. The ride and handling was excellent. We took it distributed camping in mud and snow above Deadwood SD and tried to spin tires but could not spin them. Pushed 6” of single track snow on closed paved road trying to get into Yellowstone but I chickened out after 2 miles with 10 miles to go. Closed road was getting steeper and deeper and single track meant none ahead of me. And likely no one expected soon behind me either. It’s almost 11’ tall so sidewinds are felt and you gotta watch low branches.

I knew I would change the bed and did the day after returning. Chopped it up to make bed usable with slide in. I needed to change the sink to better spit toothpaste in it and just finished that by putting in a 13” round sink in place of the 10x13 oval.

We chopped up the privacy curtain to make it smarter to use. 15k btu a/c barely keeps up in desert when in sun and 100 out.

I ordered and returned the ADCO 2425 windshield cover. Poor fit. Like impossible fit. I let ADCO know. The screen I got was new old-stock so maybe they’ve hit it larger now but no one stocks them.

Good luck figuring out Winegard wifi booster.

Using cell phone IOS hotspot to try to play Roku or Chromecast is futile. Everything seems to want what appears to be a legit wifi signal.

Get the optional fan too. Super bargain. Can’t use it (access controls) unless slide is out 12” or more. I’ll remove it and move it to the front to replace the useless fan/vent, then put a remote control Maxxair to replace the optional MaxxAire fan.

I’m researching hitch carriers for stuff and hitch ebike/motorbike mounts. So many poor review sites means lots of research to find a fit.

Lastly, and this is a real irritating thing. May be a Ford Transit thing, but the driver’s door is ‘sprung’. I may be using the wrong term, but what the door does is pop open like it’s under tension when operating the inside or outside handle. If you lightly swing the door shut it will pop
Back open and not latch. So, force must be applied or lightly slamming is needed to latch properly. Two other 23TW on lot were the same but not as bad as mine. Two Transit vans, not RV cutaways, at Ford dealer lots did the same but not as bad as mine. Passenger door is fine. Ford body shop wanted three days to address so I’ll do after a 4 week trip in July/August.
I’m not sure if it’s production hinge issue or door stamping issue. It is irritating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheGeeks View Post
Hello,
I would love to hear from folks who have purchased a 2021 Compass or Gemini on the new AWD Transit EcoBoost Chassis. How is the ride? Gas Milage? Tried in bad weather? Overall initial quality? Things like that and anything else to offer. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2021, 10:35 AM   #1945

Model: Compass 23TW
State: California
THOR #21492
2021 Compass / Gemini 23TW wall opening mod between bed to dinette

Hi. I was thinking of making a cutout opening in the wall that separates the Murphy bed and dinette areas. The reason for the cutout is for communication and visual access between the two areas. The wall seems to not contain wires or support members that would be impacted. I may be wrong in my assumption and would like to hear from those that have knowledge of the matter. The picture I’ve attached shows a possible location of an opening that I have in mind (red box). If doable, I might look for a curtain/blind to close the opening in times of need for privacy. Thanks for any input.

PS. Please let me know if this post should be in the modification forum. I’m still green on how best to post. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16AC1BA4-31D9-423C-919B-8756495D6353.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	31771  
Old 07-06-2021, 08:18 PM   #1946

THOR #19878
Anyone install the Ionic 61 series running boards?

I was looking on the Ford Transit at a running boards thread and noticed the Ionic 61 series.

https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/...install.65425/

I went to order them and they say they will not fit RV conversions.
https://runningboardwarehouse.com/p/.../transit/2019/

Has anyone installed a pair of the running boards?

Cheers!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:23 PM   #1947

Model: Compass 23 TB
THOR #13224
I had the Carr running boards installed on my 2018 Compass and they work great and look OK too. There is a video explaining how to install them, well worth the money as they make it much easier to get in and out especially when the front end is raised for levelling
Coveman2
Old 07-07-2021, 12:54 PM   #1948

Model: Compass
State: Arizona
THOR #23141
Just picked up 2022 Compas 23tw. About a dozen small issues including Sirius radio antenna missing and faulty gfci outlet. Didn't have a cargo carrying capacity label, but, will contact thor for that. The tire pressure label on the door indicates front tires should be 70 psi and the rear tires should be 55. I'm showing 70 psi on all tires. Should I reduce pressure in rear tires. Hate to do so if I'm making a mistake.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:46 PM   #1949

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchspiller@yahoo.com View Post
Just picked up 2022 Compas 23tw. About a dozen small issues including Sirius radio antenna missing and faulty gfci outlet. Didn't have a cargo carrying capacity label, but, will contact thor for that. The tire pressure label on the door indicates front tires should be 70 psi and the rear tires should be 55. I'm showing 70 psi on all tires. Should I reduce pressure in rear tires. Hate to do so if I'm making a mistake.
The door sticker is from ford and will relate to the max allowable weight of the vehicle. You can't go wrong in following it.

However, if you weigh your rig (front and then rear) at a CAT scale (or the equivalent) when your rig is loaded for the road, you can use tables published by the tire manufacturers for your size tires to determine what the actual tire pressure should be. Unless you are at your max weight, it will be less than the door sticker and may provide a better ride.

Good luck.

(FYI, Thor violated federal law by shipping a unit without their weight sticker)
Old 07-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #1950

THOR #19878
Hello all,

Question about switching from propane to Shore Power when using the 3 way refrig.

Manual didn't have any info on switching power sources.

Curious when traveling and on propane then arriving to site and plugging into shore power.

Reason I as is I had an error code on the refrig panel last outing, power source was set to auto.

Has not shown up since.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #1951

Model: Gemini TX
THOR #13247
What was your Error Code ?, was it the Norcold stock fridge they put in. If an "N" code you have one shot at fixing. Usually because your site is off level and this. I am assuming you have a modern Norcold and they there are 3 settings at the "Mode" button on the front panel of the fridge. LP, AC, Battery and Auto.

Switching from one to the other with the Mode button is seamless and I do regularly when on the road I use Propane and plugged into shore power at night with AC settings. Error Codes are well documented by a Google Search and YouTube to reset is a real pain. Doing RV rental Newbies regularly park off level and a "N" error occurs, it have to do a reset of the fridge to eliminate the error 1-2x per rental season. Good luck in your problem solving.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:36 AM   #1952

Model: compass TW
State: Washington
THOR #24279
can start generator while engine running is now fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
The option to start the generator is greyed out in BMPRo panel but only when the vehicle is running. It does work otherwise as expected.
installed update for the BMpro rvmaster app and this issue is resolved.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:42 AM   #1953

Model: compass TW
State: Washington
THOR #24279
[QUOTE=abenway;292667]I have just returned from a 3 day shakedown run. Here is a list of all the problems I encountered so far (and maybe fixed):

10. The slide will only work on shore power or generator (cannot simply run the engine or use batteries). Annoyance.

I our new Compass the battery isolation manger (BIM) was miss-wired with the cable from the engine battery reversed with the cable from the couch battery. fixing that and getting the couch battery fully charged plus getting the BMPro app configured for our model (fixed safety cut out issues) resolved the issue.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:41 PM   #1954

Model: Compass
State: Arizona
THOR #23141
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Hello all,

Question about switching from propane to Shore Power when using the 3 way refrig.

Manual didn't have any info on switching power sources.

Curious when traveling and on propane then arriving to site and plugging into shore power.

Reason I as is I had an error code on the refrig panel last outing, power source was set to auto.

Has not shown up since.

Thanks!

Fridge will default to ac, if not available it goes to propane and, if no propane goes to DC. Or you can keep tapping the mode button to go to desired source.
Old 07-24-2021, 12:53 AM   #1955

Model: 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #24292
Battery charge/refrigerator fault

Just purchased a 2018 Gemini 23tr. My house batteries do not charge on external AC power. Is there something I'm missing?
Also my refrigerator shows fault code H on AC power. It seems to work on Propane and DC. how can I correct the fault?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:00 AM   #1956

THOR #13247
This is going to sound silly but do you have power going into the motorhome, when shore power is hooked up do you see the green light at the chassis point lit. If you are using a 15 amp adapter at home has the house breaker tripped. It sounds to me like you do not have AC power into the unit. When you think you are plugged in do AC appliance inside the motorhome light up such as the microwave will only light when AC is working or the generator is operating. I have a power surge protector was not lighting up as to determine I had AC power, I had none, and yes, I too thought what the heck was going on with the AC plugged into an RV site with 30amp only to have power at the post malfunction and the park repair person sent me to another site. Flicked the breakers at the post a few times and still no power. Simply there was no power and yes when on AC the fridge will give you an error and the batteries will not charge. It is the dreaded "N" fault on the fridge you need to be careful of. Cheers
Old 07-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #1957

Model: 23TR
State: Florida
THOR #24292
Thanks Clarkwood,
I do have AC power to the RV. I was running the air conditiioner all day. This is at home while working on the unit. The Micro wave time was lit. I don't know about a green chassis light? I found this by checking the battery level on the KIB panel, it was 4 lights when I started the day and 1 light at the end of the day, and yes the USE light was lit, so power should flow to charge the batteries. I know the batteries are not good so will replace them next week. Could this also cause the "H" fault light on the refrigerator?
Old 07-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #1958

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
Window

2017 Gemini on Ford frame:
Has anyone converted the front "fire excape" window to an active ventilation window? If so what hardware did you use and how did you rig a screen?
The window is really big enough for a proper fire escape and not being able to open it marked that corner behind the driver's seat hot!
Thanks for any input.
DonB
Old 07-25-2021, 04:59 PM   #1959

THOR #13247
Here is a Link that might help. Then search YouTube for a fix ?

https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-te...es-what-to-do/
Old 07-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #1960

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchspiller@yahoo.com View Post
Fridge will default to ac, if not available it goes to propane and, if no propane goes to DC. Or you can keep tapping the mode button to go to desired source.
The Automatic is nice, but we had it stick on DC at a remote campground and had to run the chassis engine to charge the battery enough to start the generator. The moral of the story is - if you use "automatic" don't trust it, always check to be sure it changes to LP or AC. Also, we have found that if you want it to cool quickly or if it is really hot, use LP. It is simply hotter and makes it work more quickly.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall