Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2021, 03:07 AM   #1

State: Florida
THOR #24169
Gemini -Condensation pools under door problem

Hi all..when parked and ac unit running, the condensation runs down side of my 2021-Gemini next to entry door, and also cascades over retracted awning in front of door. Result is lots of water under the door to walk through before stepping inside. To fix, I've read about two solutions. One was to park rv unlevel to send water elsewhere. For me, that's not a solution. The other is to divert the water by mounting rv drip rails. Unfortunately, the surface above the awning on my Gemini is uneven and the material is not good for mounting drip rail. So that leads me to consider another option. Starting at point on the passenger side that the drip tray sends excess water, I plan to build a sealant ridge on the roof that will direct the water to the back of the vehicle. The ridge's path will be laid out to always head downhill. This should work, but is dependent on the roof's shape being consistently bowed downhill. The ridge should be at least one half inch high. However, I'm uncertain what sealant to apply to build the ridge. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MATERIAL TO BE USED is much appreciated. I will run a test with a temporary and cheap material before buying the permanent and expensive materials. I have asked the dealership for a solution to the problem, but all they could suggest was to reshape the roof..a worthless suggestion.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
You could use Dicor or you could use EternaBon DoubleStick to create a channel to divert the condensation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-20-2021, 12:57 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
As the Judge suggested, I would use EternaBond tape. Once you put it down, it stays in place.

Paul
Old 07-20-2021, 03:29 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhpage View Post
Hi all..when parked and ac unit running, the condensation runs down side of my 2021-Gemini next to entry door, and also cascades over retracted awning in front of door. Result is lots of water under the door to walk through before stepping inside. To fix, I've read about two solutions. One was to park rv unlevel to send water elsewhere. For me, that's not a solution. The other is to divert the water by mounting rv drip rails. Unfortunately, the surface above the awning on my Gemini is uneven and the material is not good for mounting drip rail. So that leads me to consider another option. Starting at point on the passenger side that the drip tray sends excess water, I plan to build a sealant ridge on the roof that will direct the water to the back of the vehicle. The ridge's path will be laid out to always head downhill. This should work, but is dependent on the roof's shape being consistently bowed downhill. The ridge should be at least one half inch high. However, I'm uncertain what sealant to apply to build the ridge. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MATERIAL TO BE USED is much appreciated. I will run a test with a temporary and cheap material before buying the permanent and expensive materials. I have asked the dealership for a solution to the problem, but all they could suggest was to reshape the roof..a worthless suggestion.
You could buy a condensate pump for your model A/C and run the drain tube where ever you want it to drain.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
I just had another idea...... this weather stripping might work well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

You could use it to make a channel to run the condensant whereever you wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.18.55 PM.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	32152  
Old 07-20-2021, 06:38 PM   #6

THOR #24169
weather stripping and tape

Thanks Judge..after reviewing the good responses, I have been considering the weather stripping, but also held in place by the EternaBon tape (stripping goes under the tape). That way I can determine height and direction, held in place by material designed to be on a roof. I'm waiting to hear from the manufacture about the pump route, as Beau388 suggested. Since gravity is more reliable than something mechanical, I'd prefer routing the runoff with tape/stripping. Tomorrow I will replicate the problem, but will observe more closely the water's path.
I'll continue the post so other Compass/Gemini owners who are having the same problem can follow.
Thanks to all for your suggestions