Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2021, 02:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Here is the NEW 2022 Winnebago Travato 59KL walk-through to compare against the 59G

All,

I recently posted the NEW 2022 Winnebago Travato 59G walk through and now here is the NEW 2022 Winnebago Travato 59KL walkthrough. The KL has a different interior layout as well as the Lithium option. I think you will find that these are very pilular to the Thor Sequence and Tellaro.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Thanks for your posts.
We looked hard at the Travato 59G in 2015, but found the storage inadequate, both inside and out. When we compared thhe Vegas 25.2, it surpassed in every category except QC. Plus it cost less! For us, it was the better choice. Served us well for 6 years and 40K miles.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:10 AM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I am glad you liked the video. I am looking at B-Class only because it fits what I need right now but a B-Class would not be big enough if I were spending a lot of time on the road. Thanks for Watching!
Old 01-28-2023, 01:19 PM   #4

Model: Sequence 20L
State: Illinois
THOR #28919
I passed on a travato 59k because it was a 2021 chassis being sold as a 2023 without the newer safety upgrades for $10k more than the sequence 20L. In your experience did you notice slightly better construction on the winebeggo compared to the Thor? I thought it was a bit better but not worth the up price.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:55 AM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
We bought a 59G in July to replace a 32 ft class A. There is a bit of an adjustment but we’re REALLY glad we did it. So far only a couple of minor, easily fixed issues. We looked at a “k” as well but found it wanting in terms of storage, versatility and comfort. They sell a lot of them though.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:23 AM   #6

THOR #28919
Here is the NEW 2022 Winnebago Travato 59KL walk-through to compare against the 59G

Hey Pete. We looked at the G and I felt cramped in the bath. Only reason I like the k is I can always open the back doors (warm weather) and get a little more elbow room and if I travel with my brother for a fishing trip we have separate beds!
Old 01-30-2023, 03:51 PM   #7

THOR #6826
Cool. They are very popular, I think mostly because of the separate beds. I’d want them too if I wasn’t traveling with my lovely wife! We like the G for its larger fridge, greater interior storage, actual chairs to sit in and the easy ability to add a back TV. Wife goes to bed early and has TV on and I stay up and read or watch TV in the “living room”. We wish we’d downsized years ago. No worries about slides, levelers, fiberglass walls, rubber roofs and a ton of other things. We like the full complement for modern safety features and the 15.5 mpg is welcome too. Everything is cramped so it’s not for everyone but we like it the trade offs.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:41 PM   #8

THOR #28919
That little fridge on the k is gonna be a tough one to get used to.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:38 AM   #9

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks701 View Post
That little fridge on the k is gonna be a tough one to get used to.

And you have to get down on your knees to use it….!
Old 02-01-2023, 01:16 AM   #10

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
I've often said that RVs are like shoes in many ways. Different types for different people and different life phases. The one that fits just right today might not be the ideal when our traveling style or companions change. The one we think is perfect sometimes doesn't work as well as we expected. (But it's a lot easier and cheaper to change shoes!)
Old 02-03-2023, 01:04 AM   #11

THOR #28919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
I've often said that RVs are like shoes in many ways. Different types for different people and different life phases. The one that fits just right today might not be the ideal when our traveling style or companions change. The one we think is perfect sometimes doesn't work as well as we expected. (But it's a lot easier and cheaper to change shoes!)

Well said!
Old 02-03-2023, 02:59 PM   #12

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Placing a tiny fridge, and usually the microwave next to it, under the kitchen counter at knee height is just too much of a compromise for us, even for a small van where space is at a premium. Unless you mostly eat shelf stable foods, it’s hard to visualize how you can get more than one or two day’s worth of food in most of those fridges. Many we saw at Tampa this year essentially also had no freezer space.

Vans are too small to provide a lot of user flexibility within one floor plan. When manufacturers try to include features for many different types of uses, it ends up being poor at most things. I prefer when they stick to one theme and optimize the design for that. An example would be toy hauler for adventure types, etc. Unfortunately, this leads to greater numbers of floor plans, and thus higher costs.

The Winnebago 59K has been copied by most major manufacturers, yet it’s one I can’t quite figure out why it is as popular as it is. The front of the camper is very open, which makes it feel spacious for its size, but from a functional standpoint I can’t see how it would be well suited for camping.

My 2 cents — I’d take the 59G over 59K any day, and that’s not saying much since 59G rear corner bed is too small and hard to get in and out of. At least in 59G there is room under bed to bring along larger items.