Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Good point above ..we take 2 dogs and 3 8 ft dog cages and this bug repellent device all our family members have ?

And let us not forget folding chairs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220605-104742_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	37909  

Old 06-05-2022, 06:09 PM   #42

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
Can you carry folding chairs, outside grill and tools?

I’m not a good example of what’s possible today because our van is an old Ford E-350, and while Extended and 20-feet long, inside space is limited compared to new Euro-style high-roof vans. I view it more like a metal tent on wheels rather than a house I can drive.

To your question, we always travel with folding chairs, folding table, and a tool box. It’s very tight though. During Fall, we also carry 10X10 canopy for tailgating at football games and a portable inverter generator in an outside hitch-mounted storage box. Unless absolutely needed, we leave as much as possible at home.

I could carry a small grill but don’t because we rarely use the one we have at home. We mostly travel and tour by staying at campgrounds, which for the most part have grills, showers, etc. We are also not oppose to overnight in hotels when we feel like it. As an example, our latest trip involved:

One night in Arkansas private CG
One night Nashville CG on a lake
Hotel in Nashville
One night near Boydton — back-in to lake
One night Roan Mountain — back-in to stream
Three nights military base cabin
One night boondock rest area
One night Arkansas NP — back-in to stream

Our next RV (Class B) will likely be larger (unless gas hits $10), but our travel preferences probably won’t change much. We will still tour/travel more than traditional camp in one place, though we may stay longer at each CG now that we have more time.

For what it’s worth, our previous Class C had very little outside storage. That’s the one issue that is near impossible to overcome with Class B van campers. You can put much in containers and place under an elevated bed or wherever there is space, but “dirty” stuff like grills, charcoal, firewood, generators, gas tanks, etc. are difficult for me to want to haul inside any van or motorhome.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #43

Model: Tranquility 19L
State: Arizona
THOR #25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip500 View Post
We are thinking of going from our class c to a class b. How do you all like yours? What kind of gas mileage are you getting? Any issues that you are having or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Unless you like endless hours of fixing maddening problems and quality issues caused by Thor’s horrible manufacturing, I’d suggest a different manufacturer. Yes, all RV’s have issues but Thor is the king of bad quality and cheap materials. Don’t fall for the lower price, you’ll spend the difference in the long run.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:29 PM   #44

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearfootOutdoors View Post
Unless you like endless hours of fixing maddening problems and quality issues caused by Thor’s horrible manufacturing, I’d suggest a different manufacturer. Yes, all RV’s have issues but Thor is the king of bad quality and cheap materials. Don’t fall for the lower price, you’ll spend the difference in the long run.

Have you sold yours yet?
Why not?
What's still broken that can't be fixxed?

I have challenged before and no one answered back:
Are you really truly more than five hours of professionally waged professional repairs away from being happy?
If more hours, give us an estimate.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:34 PM   #45

THOR #25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Have you sold yours yet?
Why not?
What's still broken that can't be fixxed?

Not yet. I’ve put too much money in it but getting close to cutting my losses. I’ve fixed a lot and still keep finding stuff. This week was outlets in half the van not working due to poor connections in the daisy chained outlets and the ceiling falling due to Thor missing the stud to secure the fan. Anything can be fixed, the point is for the amount they charge their quality should be better. Thor just doesn’t care and will keep producing garbage.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:39 PM   #46

THOR #13932
What money have you have put into it that isn't an upgrade with value?

I had a first time visitor in the shop yesterday. He has some turd mustang a 2002 or some such.
He had it on consignment for $20,000 , the amount he says he has in the engine alone.
He turned down $18,000.

I told him how much GONE was worth to me and the losses I gladly took.
His mustang sale closes on Monday.
GONE.

Old 06-09-2022, 08:02 PM   #47

Model: 31y
State: South Carolina
THOR #21394
Quote:
Sounds like you got a lemon.
Feel for you.
Good luck.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:45 PM   #48

THOR #20220
Quote:
Not yet. I’ve put too much money in it but getting close to cutting my losses. I’ve fixed a lot and still keep finding stuff. This week was outlets in half the van not working due to poor connections in the daisy chained outlets and the ceiling falling due to Thor missing the stud to secure the fan. Anything can be fixed, the point is for the amount they charge their quality should be better. Thor just doesn’t care and will keep producing garbage.
Hey 22,000 thor vegas..we love..travel to at least 23 states. Few issues. go THOR
Old 06-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #49

State: North Carolina
THOR #5951
Smile

Moved from tents to a van, to a forty ft. class A, made a mistake and downsized to class B, which was not 'fully loaded', moved up to Class C, and now back to class B. Each has served me perfectly during the progression of my age, and the utility of my needs. A class B with all the bells and whistles works just fine, don't need a second backup vehicle. Just make sure the floor plan fits your needs. Gas no problem. Smaller but the newer ones have everything and are comfortable. You get used to the smaller space as time passes and you can always add a screen room to be used for additional space when at an RV park or campsite. Ideal for two.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #50

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy stone View Post
Moved from tents to a van, to a forty ft. class A, made a mistake and downsized to class B, which was not 'fully loaded', moved up to Class C, and now back to class B. Each has served me perfectly during the progression of my age, and the utility of my needs. A class B with all the bells and whistles works just fine, don't need a second backup vehicle. Just make sure the floor plan fits your needs. Gas no problem. Smaller but the newer ones have everything and are comfortable. You get used to the smaller space as time passes and you can always add a screen room to be used for additional space when at an RV park or campsite. Ideal for two.
Which class B has all the :

class B with all the bells and whistles
Old 06-13-2022, 04:00 PM   #51

THOR #2121
Quote:

Agree fully except I believe some people will not realistically “get used to the smaller space as time passes”.

My personal opinion is that some people need more space than others. If a guy is 6’-4” and weighs 250~300 pounds, it is clear that typical Sprinter or ProMaster vans won’t be large enough to be comfortable.

Beyond that which is obvious if you can’t stand up straight, I believe some people just don’t do well in tight spaces. And since human likes/dislikes and behavior is on a spectrum, it is logical to expect we all have different tolerance to tight spaces. Vans can no doubt feel claustrophobic to some.

I think people can adapt to travel and camp with less of everything material, including “bells and whistles” (whatever that represents) but I’m not sure everyone has the ability to accept confining spaces to the same degree.

I know some will say that if you can drive in a car or SUV it proves small spaces don’t bother you, but I feel it’s completely different when living in that limited space.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:02 PM   #52

Model: Majestic 23A
State: Virginia
THOR #950
Now I didn't say that I didn't like class B's. I like the design and practicality very much. Here is a possible solution to the wet bath issue. How about the bathroom sink and toilet together inside a room and place the shower outside? That would create more room for the 'throne'.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:41 PM   #53
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Thank you for you opinion and that is what it is and nothing more.

Question, what RV industry published Quality Standard did Thor fail to meet?

Answer: none because there are no published RV Industry quality standards.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:04 PM   #54

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebreeze View Post
Now I didn't say that I didn't like class B's. I like the design and practicality very much. Here is a possible solution to the wet bath issue. How about the bathroom sink and toilet together inside a room and place the shower outside? That would create more room for the 'throne'.

Mike, I believe it comes down to priorities, or lack thereof.

Example: There are numerous Class B campers being sold, including by Thor brands, based on ProMaster 136” wheelbase cargo or window vans. By comparison the longest ProMaster is over 3 feet longer, which provides around 20 square feet of additional space to floor plan. If a dry and spacious “throne” is a requirement, plus dedicated shower, then all they have to do is design the rest of van like the shorter one and use extra ~ 20 square feet of space of longer chassis to build a “normal” RV-size dry bathroom.

The problem in my opinion is that with limited space of a van, even the largest one, very few buyers would want that much space dedicated to a bathroom.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #55
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
As long as you can tow a large enough trailer behind it:
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:31 PM   #56

THOR #13932
No one, given the opportunity to buy anything else, craved the Yaris.
A financial, size, space, utitility compromise drives such decisions.

Few of us do not compromise.
Personally I drive a 24.1 on exact purpose, but I compromised with the ford vs Chevy. Nothing wrong with the ford, but I can do an easy 500hp with the Chevy.

A wet bath is a compromise no matter how the tale is told.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:57 AM   #57

THOR #25776
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Thank you for you opinion and that is what it is and nothing more.

Question, what RV industry published Quality Standard did Thor fail to meet?

Answer: none because there are no published RV Industry quality standards.

Not sure why you think you need to constantly reply with your snarky little comments on everyone’s comments and posts but if you don’t like what I say, move along. If you’re trying to be the biggest dickhead on the board, congrats, you win.
Old 06-15-2022, 05:18 AM   #58

THOR #20220
Quote:
Not sure why you think you need to constantly reply with your snarky little comments on everyone’s comments and posts but if you don’t like what I say, move along. If you’re trying to be the biggest dickhead on the board, congrats, you win.
Hi BearfootOutdoors
Are you in Goodyear AZ?
we lived many years in Sun City AZ not far from you.
Beautiful area
Old 06-15-2022, 10:37 PM   #59

State: North Carolina
THOR #5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Agree fully except I believe some people will not realistically “get used to the smaller space as time passes”.

My personal opinion is that some people need more space than others. If a guy is 6’-4” and weighs 250~300 pounds, it is clear that typical Sprinter or ProMaster vans won’t be large enough to be comfortable.

Beyond that which is obvious if you can’t stand up straight, I believe some people just don’t do well in tight spaces. And since human likes/dislikes and behavior is on a spectrum, it is logical to expect we all have different tolerance to tight spaces. Vans can no doubt feel claustrophobic to some.

I think people can adapt to travel and camp with less of everything material, including “bells and whistles” (whatever that represents) but I’m not sure everyone has the ability to accept confining spaces to the same degree.

I know some will say that if you can drive in a car or SUV it proves small spaces don’t bother you, but I feel it’s completely different when living in that limited space.
In some cases, and for some individuals, a class B should not be considered. The space and floor plan will dictate the utility of a class B would (will) be for many who are considering ownership.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:32 AM   #60

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Quote:
In some cases, and for some individuals, a class B should not be considered. The space and floor plan will dictate the utility of a class B would (will) be for many who are considering ownership.
Obviously B class RV's come in many sizes as well I have personally toured B-vans from 17.9'(thor 18M, 18A) to 24.5' (Airstream Interstate 24GT). The floorpan/layout really makes the difference when it comes to small spaces. When the EU revolution starts later this year or early next year, you'll start to see some really unique designs that make a B-class feel bigger than a B+.

BTW I just posted a video of the Thor Vegas 24.1 A-Class RV ... not much bigger than some of the larger B-class RVs