Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2022, 04:17 PM   #61
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I will say that Thor has always agreed to cover things as long as they are identified early on. HOWEVER ... the problem is that just about every part is on back-order and it takes 6 months to get anything. I bought this RV in September 2021 and we also ID the awning motor as weak and needing to be replaced ... Thor agree to cover this ... 6 months later and I still do not have the parts needed.
I understand about the supply chain issues, but I should be first priority ... instead they keep building other RV's with the parts I need to fix mine.
Did you ask Thor if they would give you credit for you to purchase them on your own. See if they will give you the amount that it will cost them.

Old 03-25-2022, 01:43 AM   #62

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Is this not where you started 57 posts ago???
Yes but I was hoping to learn from other experience as I have heard the the size I was would require modifications ... I was hoping for an easier path
Old 03-25-2022, 01:44 AM   #63

THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Did you ask Thor if they would give you credit for you to purchase them on your own. See if they will give you the amount that it will cost them.
I am going to call them again tomorrow ... lets see what they say.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:14 PM   #64

THOR #22773
BTW, The awning motor alone is almost $1500 ... not $80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
The chances of thor pulling a motor from 10 to 50 awnings or stove parts or entire couches had better be exactly zero.
Chances are very slim the tv (name your part) that worked during pdi was bad at Thor.

$10sqft per month for storage, that awning or couch needing the customer part removed by some goof, now replaced by somone who can't run a screw-gun after eating floor space costs for 6 months due to a supplier problem is absolutely not an option.
We'll take the exit window screen clips from this completed RV, just set that entire rv aside for 3 months. We have to keep Karen happy at all costs.

Really?

If that motor is $80, and you're complaing about 3 months of down time instead of spending $80 to be happier, what should we think?

If you have a working wireless HDMI, but you're insisting Thor replace a $25 cable you've overcome with that $30 wireless and you'll never need or use that bad cable again? Insist doing it under warranty, with maybe 3 months down time, Lord knows what type of transient mechanics doing the work? Just due to wanting to exercise your warranty.
what should we think?

Get happy.
Buy that awningmotor/faucet.

Not pointed at anyone, just a blanket statement regarding exercising a warranty for some religious reason instead of excercising happy.

Reasonably, $60 spent to keep your rig from being held hostage for 3 months and worked on by people you say aren't worthy is a GREAT investment with a HUGE return.
$60 vs 3 months payments and lack of use.

Please.
Do not react as if Thor or any builder is struggling enough to consider setting an rv aside off the line to sate some;
'My propane line has a leak and I won't spend $6 to make it go away. I'd rather it sat at the repair place for 3 months than spend $6 and learn something' type person.
That person will never by a Thor again anyway. Just due to the brain-worm of that $6 experience. Those folks come here and say so. Exactly so.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #65

THOR #22773
One more BTW2:

If you have been following my Youtube channel, you noticed that we discovered a leak in the fresh water tank during the PDI as well (at that time I was told it was a loose connection that had been corrected ... not). I repaired the tank myself as the RV was useless and the dealership told me it would be 6 months for a new tank. Here we are now 7 months later and neither the dealership nor Thor parts has any records of a water tank on order for me. At least my temporary repair is holding up ... but I need a new water tanks.
I called back General RV and the sales lady told me "I do not order the parts" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggg!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2022, 01:37 AM   #66

State: Florida
THOR #26820
I had the same infamous steering shimmy, and fixed it with this:

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/shop...er-hr-850-841/

Smooth as butter when tested up to 80mph!
Old 05-27-2022, 03:15 PM   #67

State: California
THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I have been struggling to correct the annoying vibration while driving at highway speeds above 65mph. I have brought the van to 2 different places for balancing, and neither place have been able to fix it. I decided to bring the van to Mercedes and have the check the front end, suspension, rims, and even check the tires for roundness/internal issues (special machine).
Well, the results are in and it appears that I have not 1, not 2, but 3 bad rims! Mercedes has informed me that I will never be able to balance the vibration out of those rims as they are poorly manufactured rims with thick and thin spots.

So it looks like I'll be upgrading sooner than I had planned. Mercedes recommended that the black Rhino rims are great for this application. I am interested in hearing what other have done as I need to get this issue corrected before my next adventure.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!
I was in the same boat as yourself. I bit the bullet and installed Toyo Open Country 265/70/17 tires mounted on Sprinter specific wheels from Method. Sumo bump stops , and you’ll need the Agile Off-road front fender kit to clear the bigger tires. It’s a different van now , drives like a MBZ should. I wouldn’t waste another minute on the “upgrade off-road wheels “from Thor. While a bit pricey, 3500 or so wheels and tires, Sumos, 500+- , Fender kit , 200 or so, Definitely the best upgrade so far I’ve done.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:18 PM   #68

THOR #26820
I installed hubcentric ring adapters from US Wheel Adapters (they have a sprinter specific kit) and it fixed my shimmy problem !it appears that the OEM wheels are hubcentric but the Thor wheels are lugcentric. Hence the wheels may not be centered on the hub face when installed using just the lug bolts as an alignment aide
Old 05-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #69

THOR #22773
Well, as you know I gave up on waiting for Thor to produce the new RIMS months ago and purchase the Black Rhino Arsenal's with the 17" K02 ... love it! No more shake.
Well, I just received 4 brand new Rims from Thor along with the a set of wheel hub correctors.
Talk about late ... I'm not sure what to do with them now as I am only a few months away from selling this RV and purchasing the next one. As some of you know, I only keep my RV's for a year and then buy the next one. I usually leave all modifications on my RV when I sell it so I guess I'll just give the Rims to the new owner as well ... when that time comes.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:19 PM   #70

THOR #26820
Shucks - I’ve been following your Sanctuary mods and would be sad to see no more updates. Will you post a rear Lagun table and rear bug screen mods before you sell the coach ?
Old 05-31-2022, 08:30 PM   #71

THOR #22773
Do not be too disappointed as no matter what the next one is, the modifications can easily be used on other RVs (they are more of ideas). I have not added a rear Lagun table as the front one met my needs and I did not modify the rear screen either because I never raise it.
I do have other mods I have not posted yet ... still more to come.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:49 AM   #72

Model: Tranquility
THOR #23742
Hi The black rhino rims came with our tranquility.At 5k i took the RV to discount tire to get them rotated and balanced, well they had a hard time getting it right took 3 times back because we were having a vibration over 60mph. They bought in the balance machine tech and he told them with the bigger rv wheels you have to take the tire off the rim and reset using as few weights as possible. Rv now has 7 k on it and no issues.
Old 06-02-2022, 10:13 AM   #73

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
Hi The black rhino rims came with our tranquility.At 5k i took the RV to discount tire to get them rotated and balanced, well they had a hard time getting it right took 3 times back because we were having a vibration over 60mph. They bought in the balance machine tech and he told them with the bigger rv wheels you have to take the tire off the rim and reset using as few weights as possible. Rv now has 7 k on it and no issues.
If it wasn’t vibrating before, no need to balance, just rotate.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:02 AM   #74

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
This is the first time I've ever heard of removing tires off the wheels to get an accurate balance. I currently own three other 4x trucks with oversize wheels and tires, and only once did I have an issue on my 02 Tacoma , and it was due to a set of bad wheels. Switched out the wheels, problem solved. Im definitely going to hit my friend up at his tire shop. Possibly could have saved myself some money.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:51 PM   #75

State: Arkansas
THOR #27033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywoo View Post
I had the same infamous steering shimmy, and fixed it with this:

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/shop...er-hr-850-841/

Smooth as butter when tested up to 80mph!
Raywoo,
I'm interested to use these rings on my 2022 Sanctuary. How do you install it?
-Thanks
Old 06-29-2022, 12:40 AM   #76

THOR #27244
I have read that:

- those wheels are not genuine factory Mercedes
- the issue can be fixed with $10 centering hubs
- you should also replace the lug nuts with cone shaped ones

No one confirmed that the hubs actually fixed the problem.