Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2022, 02:46 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #27380
you have the 200h reliable battery and a generator?? i need this badly. i have a 2023 tellaro 20j , its my daily drive with 6 kids. the batteries shut down over 98 degree ambient and under 20 deg ambient , leaving ZERO heat or cool in the rear of the van, its a freakin nightmare

Old 12-30-2022, 01:59 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Thor made a few of these in 2022 with an Onan QG 2800i generator and the Relion lithium batteries so I know it can be done. None were made in 2023 that I am aware of. You could probably add one and it mounts underneath behind the rear axels. It is "super quiet" and no complaints on the noise. The cost for one of these is probably in the mid to high $3k range but doesn't include the installation. It uses fuel from the gas tank. Has worked Ok on ours but have had other Thor problems with the inverter/charger etc. I also can not charge the house batteries with the normal van engine like you do on your setup with the UHG (under hood generator).

All that being said, doesn't seem like yours should be doing that under those conditions. The batteries are designed to charge down to -4 degrees once they heat up with charging current for up to one hour. They can also charge up to 113 degrees F (without delay) according to the Relion data sheet so you may have another problem. Would definitely have the dealer fix it under the circumstances you describe.