Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2022, 10:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sequence 20L
State: California
THOR #26422
BMPro and the air conditioner

Problem: We noticed this on our first trip. We turned the AC on via the BMPro and set the temperature. All worked fine for several hours when the AC was not putting out cool air. This happened several times so we called BMPro and they said to turn off the battery and AC power for a few seconds and then turn everything back on. Yes – it worked. BMPro has issued me a case number for this issue.

They also said it may need a firmware update (scarry) and to see if 12v was on a pin at the control box that tells the AC to cool. The firmware was updated and all worked fine for a while.

On this last trip, the AC was not putting out cold air just after we use the microwave. I have done some testing and it seems as if I just turn the DC master switch off and on – this resets the BMPro and the AC works fine.
Has anyone experienced this problem and what was done?
Thanks / Bob Lundin

Old 07-05-2022, 11:31 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
My 2021 Axis 24.1 has worked fine on cooling so far, but I am not a fan of the BMPro. I prefer real thermostats and switches where you can check and trace whether they are working right. With the BMPro all that you can do is a software upgrade. That isn't too difficult. You have to have a wifi network closeby and follow the instructions in the manual to do the upgrade. Solved the water pump turning off while showering.

David
Old 07-06-2022, 01:16 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLundin View Post
Problem: We noticed this on our first trip. We turned the AC on via the BMPro and set the temperature. All worked fine for several hours when the AC was not putting out cool air. This happened several times so we called BMPro and they said to turn off the battery and AC power for a few seconds and then turn everything back on. Yes – it worked. BMPro has issued me a case number for this issue.

They also said it may need a firmware update (scarry) and to see if 12v was on a pin at the control box that tells the AC to cool. The firmware was updated and all worked fine for a while.

On this last trip, the AC was not putting out cold air just after we use the microwave. I have done some testing and it seems as if I just turn the DC master switch off and on – this resets the BMPro and the AC works fine.
Has anyone experienced this problem and what was done?
Thanks / Bob Lundin
Search for thread's by me.
Bmpro has a bug with AC unless you update firmware.
I also complained and received a new bmpro FREE