Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
Dom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #22543
Location of Fresh Water Pump

Hello All,

I have a new Compass 23TW and having trouble getting water from the fresh water pump for the first time since being winterized. I can hear the water pump but can't figure out how to locate it. Any suggestions on how to access the fresh water pump in a 23TW?

Thanks

Old 03-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #2

Model: Quantum rw28
State: Louisiana
THOR #22150
Check under the jackknife sofa or master bed. My rw28 is located under the bed along with the FW tank and associated plumbing/wiring. Hope this helps
Old 03-15-2021, 10:42 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
Been there, done that still thinking about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Hello All,

I have a new Compass 23TW and having trouble getting water from the fresh water pump for the first time since being winterized. I can hear the water pump but can't figure out how to locate it. Any suggestions on how to access the fresh water pump in a 23TW?

Thanks
I have a 2020 TW and can help.

The water pump is essentially behind the outside shower. You gain access to it through a screwed-in hatch in the forward wall of the driver-side rear compartment. Turn on the compartment lights, bring a flashlight and likely a Phillips head bit on your drill or screwdriver, open the compartment door and look in, up and to the left. Two screws (likely top and bottom, centerline) and you are in. I've attached a picture.

The valve you want is more or less to the right of the pump, away from you. The strainer is on the other side of the pump, the left side. (see Pic)

Unless they changed things, there is no other access to the area short of taking the outside shower out or removing the bed frame (good luck!)

Also: Make sure the plug on the end of the short hose in the foreground is on tight or at least sealed. It's the feed line for RV antifreeze.

My pics are upside down for some reason, sorry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_162724.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	29133   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_163123.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	29134  

Old 03-15-2021, 11:33 PM   #4
Dom

State: Colorado
THOR #22543
Found It Thanks

Thank you both for your reply. Bluetreak was right on the money. I found the valve and turned it, voila, we have water.

I will be headed north in a day or two so I will need to winterize again. Do I just close that valve and then suck some antifreeze through the short line? Is two gallons good?
Old 03-15-2021, 11:41 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
If you blow the residual water out of the lines a gallon of pink stuff should do the trick. Pour some into the traps s as well. Ok so maybe get two gallons and be on safe side.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:44 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #17688
Glad I could help!

There are a couple of additional points to consider...
  • Drain the main water tank (big plastic ball valve on the left inside the dump area.)
  • Open, drain and then close the low point drains (next to the ball valve)
  • Decide if you want to do the outside shower or not
  • Don't forget to run pink stuff through the hot water side (tankless WH does not need much, but you need to include it)
  • Put a shallow bucket or a basin in the sink{s) to capture first the water then the light pink then real pink flow if you don't want it in your grey tank.
  • Now do the pump & fun
  • If you used the "black tank flush", it does not see the water pump, so you may need to blow it out

I'm a neophyte at this, but successful so far in 3 winters. I've used my Ryobi tire inflator and a blowout plug and use less than a half-gallon of Pink stuff down the various traps.

I recently got a Floe and will install it soon. I'll blow out the system after every trip in like 3 minutes, all on the inside (except for the blank tank flush...darn it!)

Others will chime in if I forgot something...Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2022, 03:18 AM   #7

State: Massachusetts
THOR #28196
Rv Antifreeze is not sucking in

I also have a 2021 compass 23 TW and thanks for the tip. I found the water valve and closed it, found the RV antifreeze pickup hose, but it's not drawing antifreeze up i to the system.

How long an extension hose did you add to that short hose to get it to pump and where was antifreeze jug sitting? The pump does not appear to self prime, or if it does, it cant do it with the antifreeze on the ground.

So, if I just buy a hand pump, and just use the city water inlet, I assume that I still leave the valve in your pic in the closed position, or does it not matter for city water connection?

Thanks

Tags
water pump location