Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2021, 09:39 PM   #101

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by becca.73@icloud.com View Post
I purchased a Thor tranquility in April. Almost everything inside the RV is broken. The converter or the inverter the inverter switch the kitchen fan the bathroom fan the awning the refrigerator all of the window coverings are broken, the barn door screen is broken, the front seat wires were ripped one swiveling the seat I couldn’t drive my car for a month, now there is a water leak. This is terrible because it is causing a mildew smell. I attempted to make an appointment to have it fixed and I cannot be seen until January 25. I will have had my motorhome for almost an entire year without all of these items working. And I’m paying a monthly payment every month. I called Thor and I get nowhere. I am so frustrated at this point. I love the van but the problems are almost the entire recreational vehicle side. The chassis has no problems. I really wish someone from Thor would reach out to me.
Unfortunately, this is the state of affairs right now within the entire RV industry. Lack of parts, high turnover rate, and unqualified labor. It is so important to conduct a very detailed PDI and DO NOT PURCHASE until things are corrected. That is your only leverage and once you drive off the lot.... your are on your own. I inspected and walked away from 3 different RV when purchasing my Sanctuary and even with that I still had to fix a water leak. I called the dealer and let them know that I had a hole in my water tank (very near the bottom). Their response was that water tanks are on backorder for 6-8 months. I then went to Lowes and purchased flex paste, put it over the small leak, and it worked like a charm. This will hold up until I get my new tank and I can now go ahead and use the RV.
I do think that eventually you will see class action law suits filed as this can not continue.

Old 10-17-2021, 05:33 PM   #102

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #25086
lithium system on tranquility

Has anyone had problems with only one 400 ah lithium battery instead of 800ah dual setup especially running a/c? Also has anyone upgraded from 400ah by adding a 200ah or 400 ah master volt battery? Can you use a different companies lithium battery to upgrade?
Old 10-18-2021, 02:10 AM   #103

THOR #25086
Hello
We are considering buying a 19 p tranquility does yours come with 800ah dual lithium battery pack and 3000 inverter. Also you got a convection microwave? Wow don't even think they offer that right now. Are you happy with it? Any suggestions are appreciated
Old 10-18-2021, 05:43 AM   #104

Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23910
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Unfortunately, this is the state of affairs right now within the entire RV industry. Lack of parts, high turnover rate, and unqualified labor. It is so important to conduct a very detailed PDI and DO NOT PURCHASE until things are corrected. That is your only leverage and once you drive off the lot.... your are on your own. I inspected and walked away from 3 different RV when purchasing my Sanctuary and even with that I still had to fix a water leak. I called the dealer and let them know that I had a hole in my water tank (very near the bottom). Their response was that water tanks are on backorder for 6-8 months. I then went to Lowes and purchased flex paste, put it over the small leak, and it worked like a charm. This will hold up until I get my new tank and I can now go ahead and use the RV.
I do think that eventually you will see class action law suits filed as this can not continue.
Hi , is the leak on the gravity fresh water tank when you overfill it with water ,thanks
Old 10-18-2021, 04:34 PM   #105

THOR #25086
spare tire & jack

So you have no spare and no jack? But you have the 800 ah of lithium batteries? Is that the trade off why not have a spare mounted on the back door or an owl tire carrier? Did it come with the dual battery or did you upgrade from a single 409 ah set up?
Old 10-20-2021, 02:31 AM   #106

THOR #25086
Do you feel one battery is enough to run a/c at night sometime or wish you had the additional battery?
Old 10-21-2021, 12:57 PM   #107

THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse77 View Post
Hi , is the leak on the gravity fresh water tank when you overfill it with water ,thanks
The leak on the tank was actually at the bottom of the tank near the drain connection. It was a very slow leak that I only found by using my iPhone camera as it is impossible to see. I first tried to repair it with 2 stage gorilla epoxy however as the leak was on the bottom side and the epoxy would not fill the hole properly (+ it was hard to reach) so I used Flex Paste (the guy on TV) ... and it worked perfectly. I have create a video on the repair I just need to touch it up. Let me know if you are interested in seeing it.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:19 PM   #108

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Yep flex seal seams good..my black tank had a small leak and flex seal did it
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:08 PM   #109

THOR #25167
Question can the the backdoor in tranquility be remotely lock and unlock?

Hi,

I am new to the tranquility. Can the backdoor in this rv be remotely locked and unlocked?

Thanks,
Jack
Old 10-21-2021, 07:14 PM   #110

THOR #23742
Yes it can.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:29 AM   #111

THOR #23910
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
The leak on the tank was actually at the bottom of the tank near the drain connection. It was a very slow leak that I only found by using my iPhone camera as it is impossible to see. I first tried to repair it with 2 stage gorilla epoxy however as the leak was on the bottom side and the epoxy would not fill the hole properly (+ it was hard to reach) so I used Flex Paste (the guy on TV) ... and it worked perfectly. I have create a video on the repair I just need to touch it up. Let me know if you are interested in seeing it.
thanks for the info ill check that out on my days off this weekend
Old 10-22-2021, 06:34 AM   #112

THOR #22773
I also found a BIG issue when I was repairing the water tank that all Sanctuary / tranquility (probably all Thor B-Class RV) owners need to be aware of. I have it well documented in my video along with the repair.

This BIG issue will allow all the outside weather elements (rain, cold, bugs, & rodents) to get into the RV as there is no seal around the any of the drain pipes. The gap is huge around these pipes! The drain pipe go through large holes cut into the van floor directly above the grey water tank and are next to impossible to see from underneath the van. I was able to correct this issue with some well placed expandable foam insulation from Lowes and documented that as well.
Everyone needs to look at this as you may have rain water entering the RV when driving and not even realize it.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #113

Model: Sanctuary 19L
State: Michigan
THOR #24335
I experienced the same thing with a 2022 19L. Very poor job on all sealing of exit piping and wiring. There are 4 that I have identified for our model. One in the middle of the back where the generator/ground lines exit, one on the driver back there the fresh water drains are, one/two below the water heater for the low point drains and water heater drain and one on the passenger side middle where the refrigerator drain exits. Basically spend some quality time under the vehicle looking for these any others I may have not found yet.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #114

THOR #24335
Also, speaking of water leaks, I also have a job ahead of me to figure out how to fix the water leak in the bathroom sink exit area. If the drop down sink fills up and you lift it to drain it, the water filling the drain area leaks down behind the wall and into the cassette toilet area and even in the water heater area under the bench seat. Kind of a big problem because all of the areas needed to be sealed are difficult to access. Something for folks to test and look at with your bathroom sinks.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:59 PM   #115

THOR #24335
Mine was doing the same thing. I drained the tank, removed the small bracket holding the tank down, slightly lifted the tank and found the entire underside wet and small rust spots possibly from long-time standing water reacting with whatever is in the flooring material. It also was the main drain line for the tank and it required sealing. Definitely something for all to check.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:56 PM   #116

THOR #25086
Leaks in tranquility

Hello
I am getting my new tranquility next week can someone who took videos of where the leaks from the bathroom sink are and the fix as well as where the gaps that need to be filled under the rig are I appreciate your help thanks
Old 10-22-2021, 10:18 PM   #117

THOR #25086
Can you give me the link to the video much appreciated thanks
Old 10-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #118

THOR #25086
Can you give me the link to the video much appreciated thanks
Old 10-23-2021, 12:14 AM   #119

THOR #22773
All, I should have the video completed within a hour or two. It will not be my best video as I was not planning on creating a video of this ... but I did document my repair using my camera phone so I do have a lot of good short video clips to share ... coming soon!
Old 10-23-2021, 02:38 AM   #120

THOR #22773