Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2021, 01:49 PM   #121

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #25086
Anyone know how to shut off the screen for the multiplex tablet? We shut the power switch for the entire coach to shut it off but couldn't get it to shut down or go to sleep mode. Any ideas?

Old 01-23-2022, 05:03 AM   #122

State: California
THOR #25702
My Thor Tranquility is five days old, sitting in my driveway with a awning that won't retract and a "reliable" lithium charging system that won't charge by shore power or generator. Absolutely 0 help from LaMesa RV in Sacramento, not even a phone call. This is the second van I looked at from them. First I went to take delivery looked like it just came from an RV show that a hundred people had walked through. Wires hanging from the ceiling, broken parts, windows wouldn't slide, microwave didn't work. I declined the purchase, yet the recent one doesn't appear much better. Thinking I should have bought a Revel.The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:19 PM   #123

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
My Thor Tranquility is five days old, sitting in my driveway with a awning that won't retract and a "reliable" lithium charging system that won't charge by shore power or generator. Absolutely 0 help from LaMesa RV in Sacramento, not even a phone call. This is the second van I looked at from them. First I went to take delivery looked like it just came from an RV show that a hundred people had walked through. Wires hanging from the ceiling, broken parts, windows wouldn't slide, microwave didn't work. I declined the purchase, yet the recent one doesn't appear much better. Thinking I should have bought a Revel.The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.

With respect…if these issues leave you bitter you’re likely not going to enjoy your machine. There will always be “issues”. For the moment, learn how to manually retract your awning so you can go back and have the sales guy demonstrate or fix it. And look for a circuit breaker or “storage switch” that might be turned off causing your other issue. If it worked during your PDI perhaps it’s a simple user error? In any event, good luck. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:13 PM   #124

THOR #25702
Good luck. Your post is almost a year old and I hope things have gotten better. I took possession of my 19L five days ago and my awning doesn’t work and my “reliable lithium system doesn’t charge via alternator. LaMesa Sacramento was adamant that all systems were operative , as I walked on a deal the week before. .Not sure if your dealer helped out , but at this point mine sucks. Lack of return calls and no help at all.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:00 PM   #125

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
With respect…if these issues leave you bitter you’re likely not going to enjoy your machine. There will always be “issues”. For the moment, learn how to manually retract your awning so you can go back and have the sales guy demonstrate or fix it. And look for a circuit breaker or “storage switch” that might be turned off causing your other issue. If it worked during your PDI perhaps it’s a simple user error? In any event, good luck. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Thanks for your reply. Awning is manually retracted, semi satisfied with that for now. Charging on shore power seems to be working ok, big plus. My first expensive RV , so I might be expecting too much. I think what bothers me the most is the comedy of errors and frustration dealing with LaMesa RV in Sacramento. Things will have to change dramatically before I feel good about them.
Thanks RS
Old 01-23-2022, 11:56 PM   #126

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #22737
I’ve had major issues too

[i’ve had many issues with mine as well. I on the other hand I’m not better. I am still taking it out and loving it but it has become a big frustration. I have to take it in next week for a month of work and that work is only going to resolve a handful of the issues that I have. Any of the warranty places who do repairs will only allow you to have a handful of issues each time you bring in your RV. I had 27 issues therefore that is a lot of months it is going to be at the warranty place. This is entirely frustrating and I have found no help from Thor, wreck van or La Mesa. I have thought about looking into the lemon law because with the amount of items that have been broken in my RV I believe it could possibly qualify. On the other hand I love the van so much I don’t think I could ever part with it.

Thank God the chassis is Mercedes! If that were the case I would probably be uncomfortable taking trips.

Just some of the items that I am dealing with being broken are:
Awning, living room fan (water literally comes in so much I have to put a bowl down, that sliding door window is missing hardware and that causes it to remain open a little and water pours in there as well, water is getting in or leaking in the back compartment causing the flooring to mildew, the inverter, the converter, the inverter switch, etc.)

If you choose to buy a Thor tranquility I would suggest trying every single thing in the van before you take it home. I know it’s overwhelming learning all the things that they teach you, but insist on trying everything before you leave.

Private message me and we can talk further.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2022, 12:38 AM   #127

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Hang in there. We have all been there. I did a 2 hour PDI drove from Texas to Montana and still over a year had 39 plus issues. Many I fixed and thor approved a local tech that fixed many items. Thor will ship parts faster to a local tech. We are thrilled and have traveled 18,000 miles all over the country. It will all work out
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:08 PM   #128

THOR #25047
Quote:

You have the lithium package and a generator? I was pretty sure it’s one or the other.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:05 PM   #129

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamccormick View Post
You have the lithium package and a generator? I was pretty sure it’s one or the other.
Sorry my mistake I meant alternator. However , with the help of a extremely helpful tech at Thor , Eric, the alternator is now charging and so far is working great. Only issue now is the awning is inop. Things are definitely looking up. Pretty pissed off the first post. La Mesa is still lacking as I’ve made several calls with no response.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:33 AM   #130

THOR #25047
Quote:
Sorry my mistake I meant alternator. However , with the help of a extremely helpful tech at Thor , Eric, the alternator is now charging and so far is working great. Only issue now is the awning is inop. Things are definitely looking up. Pretty pissed off the first post. La Mesa is still lacking as I’ve made several calls with no response.

We also had some help from Eric. He’s very helpful. One tip he told us was to keep the inverter off if you are only on battery. The inverter is a big battery drain, we only turn it on if we need the microwave. We haven’t needed the air conditioner at this point but would also need to turn it on for that. I really don’t think we would use air without shore power. Our awning is also a challenge, we need to push the side bars in and give it a push.. then it works ok. But we will put the awning on our fix list at our next service visit. I think I saw on a post here that Thor had an upgrade on the awning motor.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:42 AM   #131

THOR #25702
Quote:
We also had some help from Eric. He’s very helpful. One tip he told us was to keep the inverter off if you are only on battery. The inverter is a big battery drain, we only turn it on if we need the microwave. We haven’t needed the air conditioner at this point but would also need to turn it on for that. I really don’t think we would use air without shore power. Our awning is also a challenge, we need to push the side bars in and give it a push.. then it works ok. But we will put the awning on our fix list at our next service visit. I think I saw on a post here that Thor had an upgrade on the awning motor.
Hmm, Eric didn’t say anything about turning the inverter off. This is all new to me and probably dumb question, how do I turn the inverter ? The yellow switch on the inverter itself?
Thanks RS
Old 01-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #132

THOR #25047
The mysterious Thor Tranquility

Quote:
Hmm, Eric didn’t say anything about turning the inverter off. This is all new to me and probably dumb question, how do I turn the inverter ? The yellow switch on the inverter itself?
Thanks RS

Actually Eric told us to turn the main power off when it’s parked. We were told during delivery that we should always leave it on. But because we don’t drive it regularly, only when we go on a trip, leaving the main power on and having the inverter on was part of our reason that the battery couldn’t get fully charged while parked, in fact it would drain the battery. The other choice was to plug it in to shore power while parked in the driveway. Since we camp mostly off grid we then realized that the inverter would drain the battery under that condition as well. So keeping the inverter off until needed works really well to help keep the battery from being drained. If you’re driving more then it’s not a problem, the alternator will keep the battery in good shape.
To turn off the inverter, on the master volt main page swipe to the 2nd page. Touch inverter on/off to toggle.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8536.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	35868

Name:	IMG_8539.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	35869

Name:	IMG_8540.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	35870
Old 01-29-2022, 02:35 PM   #133

THOR #25702
Quote:
Actually Eric told us to turn the main power off when it’s parked. We were told during delivery that we should always leave it on. But because we don’t drive it regularly, only when we go on a trip, leaving the main power on and having the inverter on was part of our reason that the battery couldn’t get fully charged while parked, in fact it would drain the battery. The other choice was to plug it in to shore power while parked in the driveway. Since we camp mostly off grid we then realized that the inverter would drain the battery under that condition as well. So keeping the inverter off until needed works really well to help keep the battery from being drained. If you’re driving more then it’s not a problem, the alternator will keep the battery in good shape.
To turn off the inverter, on the master volt main page swipe to the 2nd page. Touch inverter on/off to toggle.
Attachment 35868
Attachment 35869
Attachment 35870
Thanks, appreciate your help. I’ve been leaving my power on while I’m home, day and night and leaving a couple lights on. As well as the fridge. Seems to take quite a while to run down the batteries. One of the weekend tech guys said to cycle the batteries down to 20% 10 times to a full charge. ?? Also , can you run the a/c on the batteries alone. And finally, do you think say a 2200 generator might be a good idea? Backup?
Many Thanks RS
Old 01-29-2022, 03:53 PM   #134

THOR #25047
Quote:
Thanks, appreciate your help. I’ve been leaving my power on while I’m home, day and night and leaving a couple lights on. As well as the fridge. Seems to take quite a while to run down the batteries. One of the weekend tech guys said to cycle the batteries down to 20% 10 times to a full charge. ?? Also , can you run the a/c on the batteries alone. And finally, do you think say a 2200 generator might be a good idea? Backup?
Many Thanks RS

We weren’t told the 20% 10 times and the battery documentation doesn’t indicate that. So who knows? The air does run on the battery with the inverter on of course. A generator is a personal choice, the extra alternator Thor added for the coach battery acts like a generator in theory. When our battery gets low while camping off grid, we turn on the engine to recharge. Works great. I would not want to carry a generator, for us it’s really would have no purpose.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:27 PM   #135

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
And with external generator comes Carrying fuel!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 04:28 PM   #136

State: Virginia
THOR #24175
Gfci

Anyone found reset button for GFCI in Thor Sanctuary.Breaker not tripped and the 3 GFCI receptacles are flat face with no reset button
Old 01-30-2022, 04:51 PM   #137

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazar2@cox.net View Post
Anyone found reset button for GFCI in Thor Sanctuary.Breaker not tripped and the 3 GFCI receptacles are flat face with no reset button

On our Tranquility 19p it’s on the underside of the cabinet next to the bathroom/over the side seat in the rear.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:02 PM   #138

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazar2@cox.net View Post

We’ll there has to be one somewhere. Often several outlets are connected in series with one GFCI at the front of the chain. Look for a fourth outlet and see if that one resets them all.
Old 01-30-2022, 06:04 PM   #139

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
We’ll there has to be one somewhere. Often several outlets are connected in series with one GFCI at the front of the chain. Look for a fourth outlet and see if that one resets them all.

It’s on the underside of the closet that overhangs the rear seat next to the bathroom
Old 01-30-2022, 10:49 PM   #140

State: Virginia
THOR #24175
Thanks for the info.Should have looked at the wiring diagram more closely