Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #141

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Anyone fix the stupid awning retract issue. I have a new motor on order, and will try to replace it to see if that helps.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:18 AM   #142

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #25702
Got home from LaMesa Sacramento, first time extending the awning on New Tranquility 19L and wouldn’t retract. Still won’t. Motor spins but sounds like stripped gears.No response from LaMesa. Hit the curb and your on your own should be LaMesa’s slogan. So far have had good tech assistance from Thor on another issue. Hope the awning goes the same way.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:36 AM   #143

THOR #22773
The awning on most of these RV should not be extended all the way or they will not retract as the awning motor does not have the torque to overcome the extended supports. To retract you need to use the awning tool or "help" the motor a bit by pushing it closed a bit.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:49 AM   #144

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
The awning on most of these RV should not be extended all the way or they will not retract as the awning motor does not have the torque to overcome the extended supports. To retract you need to use the awning tool or "help" the motor a bit by pushing it closed a bit.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the first time I’ve heard this. One would have thought the top notch crew at LaMesa might have known this. I have an appointment at a Thor authorized service center. If it can’t be resolved I’ll probably replace it with a manual crank
Old 02-06-2022, 03:18 AM   #145

THOR #22773
The "update" motors are on 6-8 months back order ... I am suppose to have mine last week ... and it still has not arrived.
My awning is still working, but will only retract with manual help
Old 02-06-2022, 04:58 AM   #146

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
The "update" motors are on 6-8 months back order ... I am suppose to have mine last week ... and it still has not arrived.
My awning is still working, but will only retract with manual help
I guess a new awning would probably be out of the question. I’m completely new to this RV experience, but so far I can’t imagine tolerating the less than average customer service starting immediately after taking possession of the vehicle with any other manufacturer or retailer. Particularly at this price point. Pretty weak.