Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
THOR #7322
That's disconcerting, re the skylight. Seems to be a common complaint.

I like the layout of the TK because the dinette folded down into a bed will give them a place out of our way, and not slippery like the couch. Yep - we're 'those people' who let them on beds.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #22

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
well we like it but would like to be able to use it. It is still at the shop for the skylite repair. Its been nearly 2 months since we bought it and had it home for a week. I have a short trip planned, already cancelled one. When our dogs go along they will be on their beds. Probably in the back if its cool enough. We stumble over them in our house so I know we will be stumbling over then in the Gemini.
They are compact inside. We went from a 41 foot DP to the Gemini, there are things about it I love, things about it that make me wonder! Ours has been in the shop way too much too, mostly minor stuff, but they are so swamped and backed up, it takes forever to get it in for anything. When we bought it, they were so backed up, we actually got the plates for it in the mail before we took delivery.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #23

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
They are compact inside. We went from a 41 foot DP to the Gemini, there are things about it I love, things about it that make me wonder! Ours has been in the shop way too much too, mostly minor stuff, but they are so swamped and backed up, it takes forever to get it in for anything. When we bought it, they were so backed up, we actually got the plates for it in the mail before we took delivery.
I understand that. Our license plates are in the Thor bag and have been for two weeks. Thursday will be two months and we have had it for 10 days total. All we are waiting for is the trim on the skylight. Big problem is they knew it needed repair long before we bought it. Patience I guess.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #24

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
That's disconcerting, re the skylight. Seems to be a common complaint.

I like the layout of the TK because the dinette folded down into a bed will give them a place out of our way, and not slippery like the couch. Yep - we're 'those people' who let them on beds.
I have seen several skylite complaints and all from the same issue, the trim. Ours has a second issue and that is the roller shade binds up going up or down. That has been the only mechanical issue. All other repairs were cosmetic caused from someone closing the slide with the bed down. It skinned up some woodwork.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #25

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
Frustration waiting for fixes, we are down to one issue, I know of. Thor never connected any sort of antennae to the axxera dash radio, so it doesn't work. There is an antennae mounted above the driver on the front cap, but its connected to nothing. They the dealer and thor are still trying to work out how to connect it, Thor says its a Mercedes cable, Mercedes says they have nothing like that, I only want it to work. The house Jenson was not connected either, dealer installed a second antennae and connected it to the Jenson, which works now. Frustrating!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #26

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Both sound like very frustrating situations!
I know it is a buyer's objective (I originally wrote dream but it shouldn't be just a dream;-) to have everything working when they take their new RV home but I gleaned from this forum that dealerships and Thor have a difficult relationship (at best) and that deficiencies are to be expected. As a new owner, I know I have a year for warranty items --so if the Service Writer has it noted down (and it is still safely usable) I'm not going to let it wait at the dealership until the part(s) or approval(s) required are in the dealership's hands.
My RV's 1st visit to the dealership (I had waited for parts/approvals -taking basically 2 months after I took ownership) lasted 2 weeks and did leave a few things incomplete. Now my 2nd visit (later this week --2 months after the 1st visit) is a continuation of some warranty items: missing wheel shim, loose slide wiring harness, broken drawer track, and clear coat overspray removal.
I set this appointment up a month ago (and only after parts and approvals were in place). They are offering me same day service!
Hoping I'm not hitchhiking home....
Nancy
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #27

THOR #6701
We took ours home and when they thought they had the parts I took it back and left it. Last week we stopped by the dealer, which is an hour and a half away, to see what progress was being made. I could have brought it home then but decided to leave it until everything was finished thinking if they look at it every day maybe they will want to get it out of there. And the driving back and forth was adding unnessary mileage. Once the units are sold they don't want to spend money fixing them. I had to insist they change the oil as it has 3000 miles on the engine and 60 hours idling at purchase. The service warning came on that it required an oil change. The dealer was going to just reset the warning. They finally asked a mechanic and he said "absolutely change the oil". To me that should not have even been a conversation. A new vehicle sold with 3000 miles, from being delivered from Indiana and to and from many shows and test drives, should be an automatic oil and filter change.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:17 AM   #28

THOR #6701
Great News, we picked up our 23TR Gemini once again yesterday. Looks like every issue was taken care of except for the new string of lights on the awning. They forgot to order them and offered to keep our unit until new lights were installed. I am beginning to think they like my 23TR so much they don't want to part with it. Well it will operate fine for us until the lights come in. They promised a two hour wait when they comes in and promised a free detailing. Unfortunitly the free detailing is not in writing.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #29

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Glad to hear your news. My recent visit to my dealership worked out well too! Got a 10-day camping trip planned starting late next week;-)
Old 05-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #30

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
Glad to hear your news. My recent visit to my dealership worked out well too! Got a 10-day camping trip planned starting late next week;-)
Enjoy the trip. Ten days will be long enough to figure out all the plus and minuses of a small RV. Keep us updated.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #31

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
10-12 hrs a day is a lot of driving and very tiring. Congratulations on your new coach, have lots of fun!
Exactly right. That's exactly way I bought the Synergy Mercedes Chassis, the wife agreed to drive it also. Our last 32 footer was all me because she refused to drive it. She was afraid of it no matter how much I tried to encourage her.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:39 AM   #32

THOR #6701
Quote:
Great News, we picked up our 23TR Gemini once again yesterday. Looks like every issue was taken care of except for the new string of lights on the awning. They forgot to order them and offered to keep our unit until new lights were installed. I am beginning to think they like my 23TR so much they don't want to part with it. Well it will operate fine for us until the lights come in. They promised a two hour wait when they comes in and promised a free detailing. Unfortunitly the free detailing is not in writing.
Well, the awning lites came in and I drove to the dealers this morning to have them installed. "Only two hours" I was told. After two hours I was told they were the wrong lights. So after 75 days I am still only putting mileage to and from the dealer.

I do have to say every issue was minor, nothing to reflect negitivily on the units ability to provide years of great memories. We love thhe 23TR
Old 05-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #33

THOR #6280
Dealers that order Wrong Parts and Make Yoy Wait!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 05-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #34

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #7466
Hello,We have a 23tr & my small remote is for the backup camera,point it at the rear view mirror @ see if it changes.hope this helps.
Mike
Bakersfield,Ca
Old 05-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #35

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari View Post
Hello,We have a 23tr & my small remote is for the backup camera,point it at the rear view mirror @ see if it changes.hope this helps.
Mike
Bakersfield,Ca
Yes, thats what we finally figured out but it took a while. How do you like your coach and have you had any adventures with it yet?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #36

THOR #6280
Quote:
well we like it but would like to be able to use it. It is still at the shop for the skylite repair. Its been nearly 2 months since we bought it and had it home for a week. I have a short trip planned, already cancelled one. When our dogs go along they will be on their beds. Probably in the back if its cool enough. We stumble over them in our house so I know we will be stumbling over then in the Gemini.
Yeah probably but if you're like us you would give up everything to stumble over them. My quote of the day. "When the Zombies come food gets short. Some of you will have to die so my puppies can eat".
Old 05-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #37

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Yeah probably but if you're like us you would give up everything to stumble over them. My quote of the day. "When the Zombies come food gets short. Some of you will have to die so my puppies can eat".
I have to admit, ours get their share of the bed, sometimes more.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #38

THOR #7466
Quote:
Yes, thats what we finally figured out but it took a while. How do you like your coach and have you had any adventures with it yet?
We just picked it up on 5-10-17. still trying to find sheets for the bed
Old 05-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #39

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari View Post
We just picked it up on 5-10-17. still trying to find sheets for the bed
I found a site on the computer that makes any size you request in the 77 dollar range for top, bottom fitted and two pillow cases. I think I just did a search on rv sheets. We haven't ordered yet. DW has a better idea so we will wait until that fails to order, probably after next weekends trip
Old 05-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #40

THOR #7466
Quote:
I found a site on the computer that makes any size you request in the 77 dollar range for top, bottom fitted and two pillow cases. I think I just did a search on rv sheets. We haven't ordered yet. DW has a better idea so we will wait until that fails to order, probably after next weekends trip
LOL, I know watcha mean