Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #4990
When the frame around the skylight starts to fall out, hopefully you can tell me how to fix it.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #42

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
We have the Gemini 24TX, on ours the skylight frame is secured with screws. I know this, as it was all taken apart yesterday, so the tech could run an antennae cable from the antennae on the front cap, to the dash axxera which came with no antennae attached. Tech told me all the new ones are now coming with the frame attached with screws, the Velcro just didn't work.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #43

Model: Gemini 23TR
THOR #6701
Just completed a mini vacation to Reno. Only 120 miles each way but up hill all the way there . 23TR drove and handled great. over 14 MPG up and over 15 MPG coming down. Three days and enjoyed it all. We ironed out a few bugs and developed a couple new minor ones that will be also ironed out. This thing is almost too easy to drive. We stopped at a small restaurant ( Marty's ) in Truckee CA and parked at a meter within a 1/4 block. So, so far we are very pleased.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:44 AM   #44

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Thumbs up

Old 06-03-2017, 04:14 AM   #45

THOR #6375
Had my 23 foot Gemini 2 months now and getting ready for road trip when wifi is right any other newbies out there?
Old 06-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #46

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevansx View Post
Had my 23 foot Gemini 2 months now and getting ready for road trip when wifi is right any other newbies out there?
I'm new to Thor Gemini. Which model did you get?
Old 06-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #47

State: North Carolina
THOR #4990
Do you know what type of material is under the ceiling? I have a Gemini TR with a sagging frame. I want to screw in the sky light frame and need to know whether there is wood, aluminum or some other metal under the ceiling.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #48

Model: Compass 23TR
State: New York
THOR #8465
Jensen questions 23TR Compass

Here's what i wrote to thor, maybe one of you knows...

Is there a manual for the Jensen entertainment box available? I've tried searching on line, but there are no model numbers indicated?

When playing a dvd, it played in the main cabin, but could not get it to play in the bedroom. I went through the various sources. I think the main cabin tv has 3 HDMI options and it was on 2, while the bedroom tv only had one hdmi option - not numbered, and it did not play. Do i have to do anything with hdmi box (splitter?) in the cupboard?

Appreciate any insights you might have.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:03 AM   #49

THOR #6701
I would like to help you out but you are having more luck than I am. On a recent trip we were able to watch a movie in the living area but I just tried it and cant even do that. I did however find the manual on line but only copied a very small part. Model number is JWM6A
Old 07-29-2017, 11:20 PM   #50

THOR #6701
OK, I screwed up, Four hours trying to figure out the issues with the Jensen system when I realized I was trying to watch BlueRay.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:25 PM   #51

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kennedy View Post

Is there a manual for the Jensen entertainment box available? I've tried searching on line, but there are no model numbers indicated?

When playing a dvd, it played in the main cabin, but could not get it to play in the bedroom. I went through the various sources. I think the main cabin tv has 3 HDMI options and it was on 2, while the bedroom tv only had one hdmi option - not numbered, and it did not play. Do i have to do anything with hdmi box (splitter?) in the cupboard?

I set my front tv to HDMi 3 and the bedroom of course stayed on HDMI 1. The outside tv I set on HDMI 3 and all three tv's picked up the movie
Old 07-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #52

Model: Compass 23TR
State: New York
THOR #8465
thanks

will try again tomorrow. seems i have bigger problems. batteries will not hold a charge. works fine when it's plugged in, but dry camping not so much, batteries died after a half hour. had to start the vehicle to start the generator, but net is 30 minutes of power at best. very disappointed.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:07 AM   #53

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kennedy View Post

I just bought an entirely separate DVD player for the bedroom. Cost $31 at Best Buy (open box) and problem solved. Plus wife and I can watch separate movies if we want,
Old 07-30-2017, 02:11 AM   #54

State: Tennessee
THOR #6304
I finally fixed mine with gorilla glue. When the dealer could not get it fixed after six months.....my fix has worked great
Old 07-30-2017, 02:37 AM   #55

THOR #6826
There is much to be said for fixing whatever you can by yourself. Of course you shouldn't have to, but it needs fixing and nobody has a better incentive than you do to do quality work. And the fewer warranty items you bring back to the dealer the quicker it'll get done. Plus you will learn SO much about your new machine that can only serve you well.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #56

State: Tennessee
THOR #6304
You are exactly right...I shouldn't have to. But after six months of Camping World having the motor home and me driving there three times an hour and half each way to look at it and tell it was not fixed I was done. I am now on my first two week trip and it is running great. Everything that I have issues with are cosmetic. The moonroof frame...the couch arm is buckled in the leather... the paint/ decal has peeled off the driver door....the fridge panel just came off last night...I seriously could go on and on but I will stop . I have zero respect for camping world service (who told me when I took it in for a shower leak to close the shower curtain) So at this point I am just looking at pretty mountains and not thinking of it. (Ha ha)
Old 07-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #57

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrobinrob View Post
You are exactly right...I shouldn't have to. But after six months of Camping World having the motor home and me driving there three times an hour and half each way to look at it and tell it was not fixed I was done. I am now on my first two week trip and it is running great. Everything that I have issues with are cosmetic. The moonroof frame...the couch arm is buckled in the leather... the paint/ decal has peeled off the driver door....the fridge panel just came off last night...I seriously could go on and on but I will stop . I have zero respect for camping world service (who told me when I took it in for a shower leak to close the shower curtain) So at this point I am just looking at pretty mountains and not thinking of it. (Ha ha)
Thats what we have them for, to enjoy. Mine is going in again next month but I have no plans for 6 or 8 weeks. If they want to store it for me thats ok. Luckily I have had no serious issues. They seemed serious when I first got it but after a couple trips I guess I am happier with the things that work great and not focused on the few that don't. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #58

THOR #6826
That's the spirit - it's a RECREATIONAL vehicle. If it starts to drive you crazy perhaps it's time to switch to gardening
Old 08-09-2017, 12:41 AM   #59

Model: Windsport 31z
State: Arizona
THOR #8277
I have a 2017 Gemini 23TR Harrry...... on the Jensen system. I took mine back to dealer and had the the "expert" look at it. He figured it out and I watched him so I figured it out also.

A couple of things: Mine has a wireless HDMI on the outside TV. ( The walk through guy said the factory forgot to run a cable from outside so instead of tearing the cabinets out they installed the wireless unit.
On my unit the HDMI cable coming from the head unit had a white mark on it so it goes into the input on the Giga switch (splitter) then the others go into the other outlets. I took the TV's off the wall and confirmed what HDMI output it was plugged into LR was in 1...BR was in 2....outside was in 3.
Hope this helps if you haven't already figured it out.

My Wife and I love our Gemini and have been on a couple of trips. Have has some issues. Most I have filed myself. Still trying to figure the tankless hot water heater. Going to try an adjustable water pressure reducer and up the pressure. Heard it will turn off if the pressure drops below 50. We'll see.

Has anyone had problems with the wire harness on the slide out? Mine is a poor design. When I picked it up it bare wires showing!!! They fixed them?? But now my over the bed lights and USB outlets are not working. That's my next project.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:10 AM   #60

THOR #6375
I've only had mine 3 months.
I'm now full time & learning a lot.
Let me know how your doing with blu tooth and wifi.
Thanks .
Scott