Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2022, 10:59 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #25675
Possible Sanctuary purchase

Hello all! My wife and I are looking at a 2022 Thor Sanctuary and are about ready to pull the trigger. We sold our Dynamax Isata 3 over the summer to get either this or a Revel. From what I can see, I like the Thor better. We have never purchased new before, so would like to hear others opinions of the deal they are offering.

MSRP is 149K, dealers bottom line price offer is 115K. There are next to zero of these on the used market, but from a nationwide search on RV trader this price appears to be in line. From what I have read, some say 30% off MSRP, but that doesn't seem to hold on the B's from our looking. Thought I would ask here to see if anyone could advise. Seem most are happy with the one that have been bought. We understand that all RVs are going to have issues that will need to be worked out.

Thanks in advance, mods if this is not allowed, please delete the post.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:13 PM   #2

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I have made a "few" videos of my experience with my 2022 Sanctuary and hopefully they will help you get a good one ... but please make sure you spend the time to do a proper PDI and do not purchase until you are satisfied.
As for price, $115K is a great price and I only know of one person who managed to get a lower price but that was because they knew a national manager at General RV and worked out a better deal ($112.5k). Be careful though as some dealership like to add on some fees afterward (delivery & prep fees). I was able to get prep fee removed as my RV was not prepped for delivery in any way. I also got a few hundred $$$ removed because I accept the RV with a few minor flaws that I repaired myself ... so never sign anything until after the PDI.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:53 PM   #3

THOR #22773
BTW ... and this may be controversial ... but I am not a fan or Thors lithium systems and feel they are not worth the money (and headaches). I am not sure which way you are leaning, but you may want to consider the non-lithium system with the under carriage propane generator as it is a tried and true system. In a few years, we may have a lithium system that will be worth the money ... I just have not seen one yet.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:46 PM   #4

State: Ohio
THOR #25675
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
BTW ... and this may be controversial ... but I am not a fan or Thors lithium systems and feel they are not worth the money (and headaches). I am not sure which way you are leaning, but you may want to consider the non-lithium system with the under carriage propane generator as it is a tried and true system. In a few years, we may have a lithium system that will be worth the money ... I just have not seen one yet.
Thanks for the info. We did a lithium conversion in our Dynamax and loved it once we finished it. What is the issue with the Thor? The one we are looking at is a lithium model. I like the 3000 inverter and everything being able to work with shore power. The one we are looking at has the 400 ah set up. Was thinking of adding another 400 ah battery to the system as well
Old 01-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #5

THOR #22773
I have heard way to many horror stories about Thor's bad wiring (backwards), not enough ah, AC drains the battery quickly, bad inverters, lithium alternator not working, etc ... it just seems to me that Thor has not spent the time to work out the bugs of their system. However if you have experience building a system, then the Thor lithium option may be a good starting place to modify and make it better.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:32 AM   #6

State: California
THOR #25047
Possible Sanctuary purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbrowninoh View Post
Thanks for the info. We did a lithium conversion in our Dynamax and loved it once we finished it. What is the issue with the Thor? The one we are looking at is a lithium model. I like the 3000 inverter and everything being able to work with shore power. The one we are looking at has the 400 ah set up. Was thinking of adding another 400 ah battery to the system as well

We have a 2022 400ah lithium set up and could not be happier! We have not had any issues. Not a fan of propane generators because of the issues of finding propane in remote areas. Of course we have minor cosmetic issues with some Thor parts but La Mesa RV and Thor have been very receptive and are fixing everything. We did not find any issues on delivery, all were found on our first trip. No problem with fixes as it’s under warranty. $115 is better than we paid!