Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2022, 02:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sanctuary 19L
State: Michigan
THOR #24335
Sanctuary 19L propane line INSPECTION NECESSARY

I am in the process of a number of upgrades to our Thor Sanctuary 19L and have come to the time where I need to spend some quality time under the unit sealing items, etc. There have been a number of threads about floor penetration sealing issues. I was inspecting the floor penetration for the main electrical grounds and propane hoses in the center rear of the vehicle when I noticed two VERY disturbing things. There are a number of propane hoses that originate from the propane tank (driver rear area) and route to the items in need of propane. If you are an owner of one of these vehicles, you need to locate and inspect these hoses (or get it to a dealer asap). Attached are pictures of two of my hoses. One on the drivers side is routed in between the axle stop bumpers and has clearly been crushed repeatedly. Another on the passenger side was laying on the exhaust pipe. I pulled it away to reveal the melting of the outer coating of the line. I purchased this unit in July 2021 and am fearful had I not caught these issues in such a short period of time, things could have been very bad. Please inspect all of your propane lines for mis-routing, lines that may be wearing on items that move, and the two problem areas I discovered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	propane_line1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	36202   Click image for larger version

Name:	propane_line2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	36203  

Click image for larger version

Name:	propane_line3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	36204  

Old 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Good thing that you decided to crawl underneath and inspect the coach. It is always part of my annual inspection to look over both the roof, sides and underneath. It is better to catch a potential problem before it becomes a big problem.

Paul

Tags
19l, propane, sanctuary