Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2023, 01:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Sanctuary 2022 19P MasterVolt interface

I finally got around to update the old Windows 10 Laptop , took two days of monitoring it & can I say how much I dislike Windows 10 & the touch screen too . but it's all I got in windows & its too old to update to Windows 11 , not that I would be thrilled if it could . I went to Apple & have never looked back till this week , now I have to learn it also , I had to look up how to take a screen shot .

I did take a photo of my screen of one page , I think it was the Inverter , but so much info on this software about the MastVolt system , I have just begun to explore . Many things are monitor only , but what a lot of info . I want to take a screen shot of every page & save them & share them here , print them out to stay with the RV .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen shot mastervolt .jpg
Views:	48
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	40499   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue componants pass seat.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	40500  

Old 01-06-2023, 04:02 PM   #2

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Is the white chord the one connected to the computer? I may try and hook my laptop up also but have not done that yet. What kind of a cord is needed to connect if you know the technical name. Looks like a phone cord.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2023, 05:28 PM   #3

THOR #26179
It came with the RV , one end of course is a USB , the other end , I don't remember the name & the MV sight just calls it a USB cable .
Here's a photo of the Interface , the middle outlet is the one I cant remember the name of , its hell getting old .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6027_masterbususbinterface.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	40501   Click image for larger version

Name:	MV interface.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	40502  

Old 01-06-2023, 05:54 PM   #4

THOR #26179
Is the other end a Type "B " USB ?
Old 01-06-2023, 06:04 PM   #5

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Ok. I have seen those connections before and can figure it out. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2023, 12:56 AM   #6

State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Hey, @fourthgear, pretty sure you mentioned in post awhile back (think that was you, could have been someone else)...you couldn't find the Balmar shut/regulator...that blue metal thing at the bottom of your picture is the with the numerical display is the Balmar regulator.

There is a connector (about 3/4" square with 2 wires in it), that is the CanBus comm cable - follow it, it should be connected to the shunt.

Ron
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:44 AM   #7

THOR #26179
Thanks , I will be looking by the battery/Inverter area today if I get a chance , I plan on taking some Screen shots of the system , the Interface with the MasterVolt system has a drop down menu , one is for that regulator . MasterVolt has a Master Shunt in their line of products, not sure if was used in this system, but ya never know .

I will post some views of the info from the screen shots later , I have not given up on finding it & will start making my own Schematic of the system , its just going to take a while & I didn't look what info is on the Regulator in the system yet , but its shows it in the drop down list .

I pulled a muscle or something in my Calf playing with the Dogs & am just now walking around again , getting old is hell , slowed me down for a couple days ,lol
Old 01-09-2023, 03:09 PM   #8

THOR #27874
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
I pulled a muscle or something in my Calf playing with the Dogs & am just now walking around again , getting old is hell , slowed me down for a couple days ,lol
Yep, getting old sucks...
Old 01-10-2023, 02:32 PM   #9

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
It came with the RV , one end of course is a USB , the other end , I don't remember the name & the MV sight just calls it a USB cable .
Here's a photo of the Interface , the middle outlet is the one I cant remember the name of , its hell getting old .
The White connector is a USB type B connector. The other end of the cable that plugs into this will have a USB type A connector that can be plugged into a computer. The other two connector that look like phone jacks are Ethernet connectors. The main difference between an ethernet cable and a phone cable is that a phone cable will have only 2 or 4 wires and it is not shielded from em interference. an Ethernet cable has 8 wires in 4 pairs the pairs of wire are twisted together, and the cable is shielded from em interference. Ethernet is the system used to allow computers to comunicate with each other within wired networks.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:08 AM   #10

THOR #28560
I have a 2023 20L, I’m have not seen those two boxes, maybe the stopped installing them, Ron?
Old 01-12-2023, 11:03 AM   #11

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgia View Post
I have a 2023 20L, I’m have not seen those two boxes, maybe the stopped installing them, Ron?
The two systems are set up differently , I took some screen shots to show what info is available to look at , actually there is quite a bit , it will take a little time for me to look over it . One would think with MasterVolt systems , they have to program it somewhere .

My lap top I'm using is going to give me issues , its old & not many more updates for it it seems .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (1).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	40533   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (4).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	40534  

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	40535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (2).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	40536  

Old 01-12-2023, 02:00 PM   #12

THOR #27874
Seems Thor changed components like most people change socks. The 2023/20L's still have the MV inverter/control-display, but that's it from MV. Who knows why, could have been supply chain, cost, space or MV just didn't want to play anymore.

They ditched all the other stuff (CanBus comm components and batteries) for the Relion Batteries. The integrated system looks pretty cool, everything talks together, have way better options for setups that way.

I don't know if the MV batteries have heaters, but having the battery be able to tell the charger what temp it's or for that matter anything the charger needs to know is nice.

In the 2023's, the batteries don't talk to the charger. In most conditions, no big deal. But in the cold...it would make a difference.

For instance, temp is measured by the regulator on the outside of the battery (on one of the terminals), and the BMS measures the temp on the inside of the battery. The regulator and the BMS will almost never agree on the same temp. The BMS typically will read higher just because it's sensor is inside the battery where electronics keep it a bit warmer.

Ron