Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2023, 03:52 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 30DB
State: Tennessee
THOR #22917
I know you already got this done, but I figured I'd chime on. Bottle Jacks are so cheap and can lift so much more than other types.

I think I have a 6 and 12 ton bottle jack. When I did my sumo springs, I would lift the axle and frame then put the frame on multiple jack stands. Being under it wasn't the best feeling in the world even with multiple backups, but I was able to get it done.

Walmart Bottle Jack

I also built ramps out of pressure treated 2x6's that ramp up to about 10" of lift. I'll try to get some pictures soon, but they have been perfect for almost all projects where I need to get under the RV.

Old 07-31-2023, 05:03 PM   #22

State: New Jersey
THOR #29992
Thanks Eric…

At some point I’m gonna add to or replace the lithium batteries underneath and will for sure have to come up with a way to get comfortable under there. I have an inspector who is excellent and said he is available to come out and answer any questions about the RV so maybe I’ll get him to come out and get under there with me.

I forgot to ask how they lifted the thing…whether they put it on a lift or used some type of jack. They work on the Amazon Promasters all the time but that ain’t a heavy Class B RV so…
Old 02-23-2024, 02:20 AM   #23

State: Virginia
THOR #30624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonv View Post
Just put the sumo springs on thor scope 18a. Promaster 1500. Definitely worth it. Took most of the sway out and corners much better. I would call it a no brainer for mine. Short wheelbase. Put on the front springs but haven't driven it yet. Gained 1 1/8 inch clearance on generator by installing the rear sumos. Very happy and easy install.
Did you use the yellow or black Sumo Springs? Also, did you use 1 or 2 spacers?
Thanks.
Old 02-24-2024, 12:32 AM   #24

Model: Four Winds 5K
State: Louisiana
THOR #28165
Get a floor jack and at least two jack stands. Be safe, have fun.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:57 PM   #25

State: Missouri
THOR #29989
Yellow and left in both spacers. Drove 4000 miles and had lots of wind. Made a world of difference. Front Sumo also made a difference. Easy install on both.