Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2023, 02:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #29354
sequence awning gap

hi all...i have a 2023 Sequence and have just gone thru a rainstorm. where the awning connects to the van, theres a wide weatherstrip, but it does not extend to the awning unit. i can actually see daylight in most of it. of course the rain just pours thru it.

Im assuming that the weatherstrip is supposed to prevent the rain from coming thru...is that correct?

there are several issues that i am bringing it to the dealer for. so they may fix this as a warranty issue.

fyi, i had the entire solar panel ripe off the van on a windy day on the freeway.

just a post to see iother sequence owners experiences.

Old 10-16-2023, 02:00 AM   #2

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike Kat View Post
hi all...i have a 2023 Sequence and have just gone thru a rainstorm. where the awning connects to the van, theres a wide weatherstrip, but it does not extend to the awning unit. i can actually see daylight in most of it. of course the rain just pours thru it.

Im assuming that the weatherstrip is supposed to prevent the rain from coming thru...is that correct?

there are several issues that i am bringing it to the dealer for. so they may fix this as a warranty issue.

fyi, i had the entire solar panel ripe off the van on a windy day on the freeway.

Normal to see daylight under the awning. I added a length from front door back to tail, just under the awning, atop the slider opening, of rec-pro vinyl rain gutter- (see pic) clean well with alcohol before applying- keeps all the roof rain from entering the slider, but rainfall will still get in if awning is not deployed.

Comes in many lengths, black or white:
https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Plasti...276236040&th=1

As for the PV panel, the brackets are cheesy and then they did not use locking hardware either. I replaced all mine and added a 2nd panel:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PM me if you want my PDF on how to add this extra panel for 380W solar. No changes needed inside and is plug and play on top, but can be tricky with awning in place to install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-10-15 at 10.03.55 PM.png
Views:	29
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	43859  
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 11:36 PM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #29354
Thx Mark,

a drip edge will not cover this. I will just black silicone it to seal it.

as for the solar panel....there were no mechanical fasteners, just silicone. I contacted support and it is covered under warranty and I will have them fix it!

thx - Dusty
Old 10-27-2023, 01:14 PM   #4

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Thx Mark,

a drip edge will not cover this. I will just black silicone it to seal it.

as for the solar panel....there were no mechanical fasteners, just silicone. I contacted support and it is covered under warranty and I will have them fix it!

thx - Dusty
Silicone is not a good or long lasting sealant as Dicor is- recommend that instead. Also be sure to seal from uphill side to avoid water collecting between.
Thule also makes a rubber seal for the omnistor awning- did you see if you have that?

If the solar panels were held by silicone alone, no wonder they flew off. No way to secure to a corrugated roof like that.

I'd look at a mechanical fastener like those legs I suggested- do you have roof rails? Not even Dicor would work- too much chance for air to get underneath, unless you fill all the channels with something firm.
If you have a Sequence, then you should have the Thule rails, and brackets as I described. Many have had panels fly off, b/c TMC did not use locking hardware (locktite or nyloc/ lockwashers) on the brackets. Add that those brackets are flimsy, and why I suggested the nicer extruded aluminum ones from Amazon.
pic shows my 2nd panel addition, and all new brackets, w/ nyloc nuts used on all 8 points.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	190W solar added.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	43948  
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 01:31 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:

Sorry to hear.
Our 30 year tech says to Dicor all over the roof screws because he has seen this happen