Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2021, 06:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Sequence Furnace Duct in Wet Bath - falls off

Hello

The air outlet in the wet bath fell off and the duct fell down into the space behind the wet bath. I removed the access panel and could reach the duct pipe to raise it up to allow threading the air outlet. When I threaded the air outlet into the duct section behind it I could not get it to tighten up all the way which left a gap behind the air outlet. As I looked at it I decided that shower water could easily hit that point and get behind the wall causing all kinds of problems. I found that I had a spare 2 inch flush valve washer in my spare parts box from some previous toilet re-do. That washer was a perfect fit to the air outlet threaded section that screws into the duct hose behind the panel. I pushed the washer on and screwed the air outlet back into the duct hose and was able to get it good and tight. I believe I now have a much better water tight connection point. It does occur to me though that water could also get into the outlet itself and go down the duct hose. Next I will look into a little cover piece to put over top of the duct outlet to keep water from getting into the outlet. For now much improved. Here are photos of install and the part I used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace Outlet with washer.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	31042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wetbath Furnace Outlet with washer to seal it.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	31043  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Inch Flush Valve Washer.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	31044  

Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #2

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Checked mine out last night. The vent itself is tight, almost like they glued it in place. I agree with you though looks like water could go right through the vent opening, to me it needs an external cover.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:21 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Mine is tight as well ... and as everything in this RV ... I would be it is glue in place with elementary school Elmers glue. I agree that water could get in.

I am in the process of re-gluing the kitchen sink in place after it fell out. The kitchen sink is also another place where water can go between the sink and the counter ... there should have been some clear calking around the lip of the sink before installation but mine did not have it.

Oh and yes, you read right ... the sink was glued in place with that same cheap edible kindergarten school glue and literally fell out of place and onto the refrigerator.

I will be creating a video on it and my repair for my Youtube channel.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #4

THOR #22979
Sequence Sink

My sink has white caulk around top so appears no water can get around that. I am not sure how it is attached to the underside of the countertop. If they used glue then not sure how long that will last. Ok for right now but time will tell.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Here is the video:
Old 10-30-2021, 03:20 PM   #6

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #25231
Tellaro Heat Duct Outlets

One of the heat outlets under the port side bunk separated from its hose while I was digging around in the plumbing. Is there a trick to getting it back on? The air deflector just spins, but doesn't tighten the fitting.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:54 PM   #7

THOR #22979
Furnace Duct and Outlet

I have not had to mess with those outlets under the bed but it is likely like the one in the bath room. That one screws into the hose but in that location it did not tighten up the wall so had big open ring area around the outlet connection to the wall. That is why I added the rubber bushing between the outlet and wall to fill that gap and keep water from going into that gap and into the area behind that wall. To screw the outlet into the duct hose you hold the outside ring and rotate that while also holding the duct hose up to the opening. At lease this is what worked for be on the bath one. Good Luck!