Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2021, 08:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Sequence/Tellaro Owners - Gravity Fill???

Looking to see what other owners have done in sanitizing their water systems. I was attempting to put the bleach solution into the water fill connection (not the city water) and it would not go in. There appears to not be a fill point as is shown in the many manuals. Instead there is a hose connection like the city water. It seems that you need to have pressure on that water inlet point to get water to flow into the tank. I called Thor - left my number for call back - have not heard anything in 3 hours. :-< I called the dealer I bought the RV from and they said yes Thor stopped putting gravity fill ports a while back but has not updated the manuals. He suggested that I pour blear solution into my hose and then turn on water supply from house to push the bleach solution into the RV water tank. I tried this but could not get much solution into the hose as it is one of those collapsing hoses. So what is everyone doing for putting the beach solution into their RV water system?

Old 05-27-2021, 10:02 PM   #2

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
Don't use a collapsible hose or any hose other than a white hose for potable water. With the white hose you can pour your bleach solution directly into the tank.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
No gravity fill. How do you fill the fresh water tank? If through a valve such as Anderson or Nautilus doesn’t that have a winterize/sanitize setting?

How do you winterize? Antifreeze or bleach it makes no difference. They are the same process using a different solution.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:41 PM   #4

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLee View Post
Looking to see what other owners have done in sanitizing their water systems. I was attempting to put the bleach solution into the water fill connection (not the city water) and it would not go in. There appears to not be a fill point as is shown in the many manuals. Instead there is a hose connection like the city water. It seems that you need to have pressure on that water inlet point to get water to flow into the tank. I called Thor - left my number for call back - have not heard anything in 3 hours. :-< I called the dealer I bought the RV from and they said yes Thor stopped putting gravity fill ports a while back but has not updated the manuals. He suggested that I pour blear solution into my hose and then turn on water supply from house to push the bleach solution into the RV water tank. I tried this but could not get much solution into the hose as it is one of those collapsing hoses. So what is everyone doing for putting the beach solution into their RV water system?
On the 20L you can access the water tank under the passenger side bed. You can open the top of it. Lift the mattress and you will see access to the top of the tank without removing anything. Here is a picture of what it looks like with the panels removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E44406A1-97FC-427C-93C2-85FF61AED8A3.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	30900   Click image for larger version

Name:	EB236366-1E56-4B17-BF71-2863A3368592.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	30901  

Old 05-28-2021, 01:23 AM   #5

THOR #22979
no gravity fill

This is my first attempt at dealing with the water system. I just bought this RV in March and it has just warmed up recently for me to work on sanitizing the water system. I can connect my city supplied water to the water inlet (not city water inlet) and through that I can fill my tank. There are no valves to switch between two types of water connections. There are two water connections. One says city water and it bypasses the tank. the second says water inlet and it fills the tank. Like I said, it seems to me that the water inlet requires pressure to open a valve and for water to flow in. I tried to pour the solution into the water inlet using a short hose and none went it. I have an approved water supply hose that is blue and it collapses and shrinks up when not under pressure so it does not hold anything. I also found the water tank and can pour the sanitizing solution into it directly but this means that the water inlet piping never gets sanitized as I can not get fluid into it. This seems to be another goofy thing that Thor changed without then saying how people can perform the sanitizing operation as described in their manuals.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:24 AM   #6

Model: Tellaro 20LT
THOR #23123
Quote:
This is my first attempt at dealing with the water system. I just bought this RV in March and it has just warmed up recently for me to work on sanitizing the water system. I can connect my city supplied water to the water inlet (not city water inlet) and through that I can fill my tank. There are no valves to switch between two types of water connections. There are two water connections. One says city water and it bypasses the tank. the second says water inlet and it fills the tank. Like I said, it seems to me that the water inlet requires pressure to open a valve and for water to flow in. I tried to pour the solution into the water inlet using a short hose and none went it. I have an approved water supply hose that is blue and it collapses and shrinks up when not under pressure so it does not hold anything. I also found the water tank and can pour the sanitizing solution into it directly but this means that the water inlet piping never gets sanitized as I can not get fluid into it. This seems to be another goofy thing that Thor changed without then saying how people can perform the sanitizing operation as described in their manuals.
I filled and trained mine 3 times to get all of the plastic particulate out of it. I then used the thetford tank cleaner in it. I just opened to thank and poured it in the top of the tank. Think I put 6 oz in it. I then ran the faucets, shower and kitchen for a while. I drove around a little to try and slosh the water a bit. After I drained the tank, filled it a drained it again a few more times.

I’m a first time RV owner so I don’t know if this was needed or not, I just thought it was a good idea.

https://www.thetford.com/product/fre...ank-sanitizer/
Old 05-28-2021, 11:46 AM   #7

THOR #22979
gravity fill

Thanks OldSheepDog. I was looking for input from other Sequence/Tellaro owners as they certainly have to figure this out. I am disappointed in Thor not updating their manuals or providing guidance on how to sanitize now that they eliminated the gravity fill port. I got an email from Thor that said they tried to call me (they did not as I checked my phone log) and they provided 3 Youtube video links that provided nothing I could use. The videos were for totally different RVs with totally different water connection systems. I think the rule is that as a owner your best source of information and help is this forum. Thor has been pretty worthless so far.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
Purchase a winterizing hand pump and use it on the tank. fill port to get the sanitizing solution in the tank. Connect a hose and fill the tank. and then sanitize the system.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Antifre.../dp/B0006IX7YW

More than likely the same procedure will have to be used for winterizing.

You might also be able to install a winterizing bypass kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-C...omotive&sr=1-5
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
So if you need city pressure to fill the tank where does the displaced air vent to?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 02:05 PM   #10
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So if you need city pressure to fill the tank where does the displaced air vent to?
Looking at the picture that was posted earlier there appears to be a vent tube next to the fill port.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:14 AM   #11

THOR #22979
Gravity fill

EA37TS THANKS FOR LINK TO HAND PUMP. WILL LOOK AT GETTING THAT FOR WINTERIZING AND SANITIZING NEXT YEAR.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:28 AM   #12

Model: Tellaro KT
State: Washington
THOR #24549
Quote:
I’m curious if you removed the water filter before sanitizing. I have a new Tellaro KT. I do have a gravity fill thus I’ve got that going for me but am not sure what to do about the filter when sanitizing seeing that it seem impossible to remove.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Like others have stated, the Tellaro is not gravity feed and you need to either use a hand pump or take apart the passenger side bed and pour your solution directly into the tank.
As for the air displacement, there is a tube connected to the tank that allows it to escape. This is the same tube that water flows out of once you have filled your tank (that is how I know the tank is full, when I hear/see water coming out of that tube). However, be careful that you do not have too much flow when filling the tank as the air/drain tube is not that big and you could easily start to pressurize your tank.

I remember thinking ... if water/air can go out that small overfill hose ... can dirt and rain water go in when driving 70mph in a storm? Things that make you go hmmmmm
Old 08-18-2021, 02:19 PM   #14

Model: Tellaro KT
State: Washington
THOR #24549
I have also wondered about road debris getting into the air vent. My Tellaro most definitely has a gravity fill, it’s located inside the main door on the side of the kitchen cabinet. It does require me to use a funnel but does feed the water tank. The filter I was referring to is the whole house cartridge filter located just before the water pump.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:31 PM   #15

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I stand corrected, if you want to take apart part of the couch you can access the tank directly ... but it is a pain in the butt
Old 08-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #16

THOR #22979
Water filter and sanitizing

I never installed the supplier filter cartridge as it is a nightmare to do. I use an external water filter connected to filling hose to filter water prior to putting into tank or for city water fill. Thus I do not worry about it for sanitizing. I would think you would not want bleach running through it but that is just me. Remember to set the bipass so you do not put beach into the water heater during sanitizing and then to reset to open later.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:44 PM   #17

State: Ohio
THOR #25046
I have a new 2022 Thor Sequence and I'm at a loss how to remove the filter. It's between input and output pipes to the filter and up against the water tank. I contacted Thor Customer Care and they were no help. I'm about to cut an access panel thru the cabinet behind the filter. anyone else have better ideas?
Old 10-07-2021, 02:10 PM   #18

THOR #22979
Gravity Fill (Filter)

I also could not see how to remove the built in filter housing to install the filter. It would seem that each time you mess with the built in filter you have likeliness of spilling water onto floor of that space under the bed. I decided to purchase a separate filter that I connect between my hose and water faucet. These are readily available, its easy to use & replace, and there is no risk of a bunch of water spilling out onto the floor of that compartment. My recommendation is to do this and ignore the built in filter.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:47 PM   #19

State: Ohio
THOR #25046
Fixed it. I cut an access panel into the back of the cabinet. Interesting, Thor already had an access panel for the water tank drain. Why didn't they put one for the filter, makes it so much easier. And I can lay a towel under the filter when loosening and it catches all the drips.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:03 PM   #20

THOR #25939
Can you post a photo of your modification the access door to the filter?