Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2021, 12:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Sequence/Tellaro silly serious question

So, today I was looking around to see how to run the the rear camera for the rear view mirror I bought.

While doing this I came to the realization that there is now way, at least that I can see, to replace the taillights/brake lights on the drivers side of a 20LT.

There is a little panel on the passenger side that’s removable, once it’s your you may be able to get to the passenger side.

Has anyone had to replace a bulb yet?

Old 05-30-2021, 12:52 AM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
This is actually a really good question...

...best asked to your dealer's service department.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #3

THOR #23123
Bad News -

Yesterday I was at La Mesa having my propane sensor and hot water heater issues fixed. La Mesa had both problems corrected in a few hours. While I was there I asked if they knew how to change a bulb. The tech took a look and said, “no” you might want to ask Thor.

This morning I called Thor, spoke with a very nice representative who after a brief hold told me that they didn’t build that portion of the van so they couldn’t help me and I should call Ram. I explained to her that Ram had very clear instructions in the owners manual but that Thor blocked all of the access with the installation of bathroom and cabinets. She was very nice but was not able to help.

We left it with her telling me that factory tours were open again and perhaps I could visit and speak with the builders.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #4

THOR #23123
So I received a definitive answer from Thor yesterday. The rear lights on the drivers side of a 20LT are not accessible without removing the bathroom. The customer service representative was very nice. They went out on the floor and confirmed with the people building the vans. She advised that she spoke to someone in design and they have had other complaints and are working on a design change to give access.

She did say that if a bulb burns out that we needed to call back and the labor would be under warranty.

Very nice but not sure I want the bathroom pulled out for a bulb.

Some geniuses on here will figure a way to get the assembly out and re- attached I’m sure.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:57 PM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Well that’s a trip! What part of the bathroom is in the way? If it’s a wall I’d carefully cut an access panel. It’d be easier in a plain wall but I believe I could come up with something that would work in a shower wall too. I’d not want to drive with no lights on one side.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
. Sometimes: you just can't get there; from here.
They'll find a fix for it...
Old 07-05-2021, 12:38 AM   #7

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Well that’s a trip! What part of the bathroom is in the way? If it’s a wall I’d carefully cut an access panel. It’d be easier in a plain wall but I believe I could come up with something that would work in a shower wall too. I’d not want to drive with no lights on one side.

It would be this wall. When the wall isn’t there and it’s not a RV there is a plastic cover. You remove the plastic cover, six clips and it exposes two bolts. When you loosen the two bolts the whole tale light assembly comes off, giving you access to the bulbs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1402.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	31841
Old 07-10-2021, 02:25 AM   #8

THOR #23123
Solution

Found a solution to the taillight issue, at least for the drives side. Pretty sure I could always get to the passenger side. Today I had some time and opened the maintenance hatch behind the toilet. From there you can actually reach in and get to the taillight assembly bolts. Thor removed the cover from Ram already, you’d just have to be careful not drop the nuts.

On the passenger side there is a black wood panel that can be removed, its a tight fit but pretty sure I can get my hand in there too. Would just be a matter of feeling around for the bolts.

I think a good investment would be an endoscope.