Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2021, 06:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Sequence/Tellaro Wingard

Does anyone have a switch to turn your Winegard Connect T on and off? On my last trip the Wingard lost connection or at least data from the park WiFi. Nothing I did would get it to reconnect. I need up unplugging for and flipping the battery master to get it to restart. Doing do corrected the problem. Reading the manual provided on the Thor owners site shows that there should be a rocker switch installed. I have searched don’t think it was installed with any way other that the master battery switch to turn it on/off.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSheepDog View Post
Does anyone have a switch to turn your Winegard Connect T on and off? On my last trip the Wingard lost connection or at least data from the park WiFi. Nothing I did would get it to reconnect. I need up unplugging for and flipping the battery master to get it to restart. Doing do corrected the problem. Reading the manual provided on the Thor owners site shows that there should be a rocker switch installed. I have searched don’t think it was installed with any way other that the master battery switch to turn it on/off.
Yes I do but my unit was installed after purchase by my dealer. Thor did not install the power switch.

The app allows you to reboot the system.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:17 PM   #3

THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Yes I do but my unit was installed after purchase by my dealer. Thor did not install the power switch.

The app allows you to reboot the system.
The problem with the App is that on IOS if there is no internet my phone switches over to cellular and can’t control the Wingard. It kept saying no longer paired.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:19 AM   #4

State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Winegard

Mine has no switch and I also saw reference in manual. I wanted to turn Wingard off to see if interfering with my home WiFi and turning power off was only way I could see to do it. Could pull fuse or breaker but just easy to turn all power off.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:26 AM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
The problem with the App is that on IOS if there is no internet my phone switches over to cellular and can’t control the Wingard. It kept saying no longer paired.
As long as the iPhone is on the Winegard’s network you can control it even without internet access. If your Winegard SSID is ABC123 set the Winegard to wireless and your iPhone to network ABC123.

You can also use http://10.11.12.1 and use the admin credentials
Old 05-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
As long as the iPhone is on the Winegard’s network you can control it even without internet access. If your Winegard SSID is ABC123 set the Winegard to wireless and your iPhone to network ABC123.

You can also use http://10.11.12.1 and use the admin credentials
What he said ... this is how I have been changing connections and fixing minor issues like you described:

I use my computer and type in http://10.11.12.1 into the address bar. When you do that you connect directly to the winneguard and can change whatever you need including the source of the internet.
You can use your cell phone, however that becomes a problem if they are not both on the same network. The problem in when you are changing between cell and local wifi you can run into a mismatch and freeze up the windguard especially on a weak signal where you cell phone may change automatically.

conclusion, for really simple changes use the cell phone app ... for the more complex stuff use the computer address.
Old 06-01-2021, 02:25 AM   #7

THOR #23123
I understand the whole IP address and App thing, that wasn’t the problem. When iOS is connected to a WiFi network and doesn’t see the internet it automatically activates the cellular modem. If you type an IP address in it won’t resolve it.

Today I was hoping to use the tablet in the RV to connect to the Wingard system but the damn thing isn’t compatible go figure.

I didn’t try and go directly to the IP address from it, I will try that tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C494A34F-3C1D-4885-8F6A-4E9B7682ADAD.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	31065  
Old 06-01-2021, 01:51 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
I understand the whole IP address and App thing, that wasn’t the problem. When iOS is connected to a WiFi network and doesn’t see the internet it automatically activates the cellular modem. If you type an IP address in it won’t resolve it.

Today I was hoping to use the tablet in the RV to connect to the Wingard system but the damn thing isn’t compatible go figure.

I didn’t try and go directly to the IP address from it, I will try that tomorrow.
I have an older iPad Pro 9.7 and the DW has an iPad mini and they are both compatible with our Winegard.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #9

THOR #22773
I guess I am still unclear of the issue you are having ... trust me I have had my fair share.
Just this weekend, I was streaming from my iPhone (YouTube TV) to the RV TV using google cast ... and boom ... it just stopped. The wineguard lost connection with my cellular service (T-Mobile) and trying to use the app was pointless as you need to by on the same network to connect and the iPhone will change if the connection is lost. The computer address usually works, but this time it would not connect either.

In the end, I had to reboot the wineguard ... and no I do not have a specific power switch. I ended up disconnecting the shore power, then shutting down the RV battery power ... this kills power to everything. once it came back up ... everything was working perfectly.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:34 PM   #10
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I guess I am still unclear of the issue you are having ... trust me I have had my fair share.
Just this weekend, I was streaming from my iPhone (YouTube TV) to the RV TV using google cast ... and boom ... it just stopped. The wineguard lost connection with my cellular service (T-Mobile) and trying to use the app was pointless as you need to by on the same network to connect and the iPhone will change if the connection is lost. The computer address usually works, but this time it would not connect either.

In the end, I had to reboot the wineguard ... and no I do not have a specific power switch. I ended up disconnecting the shore power, then shutting down the RV battery power ... this kills power to everything. once it came back up ... everything was working perfectly.
Why not go into settings on the iPhone and change the network to the Winegard? Works every time for me and easier than walking to the rear of the coach and turning off the power switch. Yes, I have a dedicated Winegard power switch
Old 06-20-2021, 04:13 PM   #11

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
THOR #23892
Sequence 20L: I've had this thing for a year and I've been struggling with the Winegard system the whole time. There's no power switch that I can find, and if you pull the fuse it resets to factory default.
The phone app connects easier if you turn off mobile data after connecting to the Winegard WiFi, but it still takes a long time to log in and change your Internet source. I leave it on 4G most of the time because it's so hard to change.
It does work very well after you get it set up, I pull in signal where no phone can.
Have not had any trouble connecting devices to it's WiFi, but I use Android phones and Windows PC's.
Yes, the Winegard app is not compatible with the old version of Android that the BMPro tablet uses.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:00 PM   #12

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
THOR #23892
Using a computer is much easier, thanks.
Phones don't want to stay connected to a WiFi network with no Internet, but this can be overridden in Android. Idk about iOS.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #13

THOR #22773
Yup ... using the computer is faster and has less issues connecting. When it is working, it is a great system as was said earlier ... you can sometimes get a cell signal when none seems to exist. But it can be temperamental.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:22 PM   #14

THOR #23123
I ended up getting at ATT sim on my plan and put it in it after activating it in another device. I found that if it looses a wifi connection that I have to put my phone in airplane mode (with wifi on)to get back in and control it. If I leave cellular on my phone senses no data and try’s to resolve the problem by using cellular.

I plan on adding another control tablet to the coach that should solve the problems of the one that’s in the coach that’s not compatible with Wingard and other useful apps.