Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2023, 11:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Strange noise

I got on the I 95 to go to the store & I wanted to let the DPF go into regeneration , because I was @ 90% , but as soon as I got to 70 mph I heard a rapping noise right where my ceiling exhaust fan is . I thought it was the cover because , it sometimes rattles when its not turned down tight , this was so rapid & loud I pulled over on the side of the road , not something I like doing on I95 , I checked the hand crank for the motor for the cover & it was tight , so I wasn't sure what was going on , it was loud & I got behind a truck that was running slow thinking it would minimize any potential damage , but the noise was constant .

I got off I95 & the noise stopped completely , I couldn't go above the speed limit on this road posted @ 45 mph , got to the store & inspected the fan , opened the cover , ran up & down & didn't see any damage & it closed tight , so when & did the store thing , traveled home on I95 with no noise all the way home , strange .

Well I was talking my neighbor & playing with their new puppy & their youngest daughter wanted to see the inside of the RV , OK I did the tour & was pointing out all the things on the out side & noticed my Light Bar cover was gone , yes the loud flapping was the Cover for the light Bar , it was still there wedged into the brackets , balled up & tore up . Crazy , I never looked up in front of the RV only from the side , dooo!