Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2022, 10:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Spare Tire Carrier For 2022 Tellaro

Decided to add a spare tire and carrier to our Tellaro. Found a custom van builder north of Tampa Fl who has them in stock and does the installation in about an hour. The company name is Master Overland LLC and am happy with the outcome. They were able to provide the installation of the mount and a stock tire and steel rim for about $1000. All work was completed in less than an hour.
The initial concern we had was being able to use the installed Thule bike rack with both bikes after the installation. They were able to raise the rack slightly using the existing hardware and not having to drill any other holes etc. The Thule has a few settings that allow for easy adjustment that I was not aware of.
Only other cost incurred was purchasing a jack and tire tool at Harbor Freight for about $50. For anyone considering this I would highly recommend and now have the "piece of mind" of an extra tire if needed.
Only other consideration is the "park assist" which amounts to "beeps" for backing up. We honestly never had ours to work correctly anyway so nothing changed and everything works exactly as it did before. Their install included a license tag relocation kit.
I should add that I received nothing for posting this but thought it may help others considering this if located close to the Tampa Florida area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	39903  

Old 05-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #2

Model: Tellaro 20A
State: Florida
THOR #26167
Spare Tire Carrier For 2022 Tellaro

Thanks, stumbled on to this company few weeks back and have ours on order as well. Bought spare and tire on ebay $200, what type of jack and tire tool did you get?
Old 05-17-2023, 03:23 PM   #3

THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfam5 View Post
Thanks, stumbled on to this company few weeks back and have ours on order as well. Bought spare and tire on ebay $200, what type of jack and tire tool did you get?
No problem. I can't remember the "brand" but I got the scissors jack from Harbor Freight. Also found a collapsible "four way" tire wrench there that works great and fits inside the jack box to save space. I used all of that in my driveway to make sure it would work and noticed that I needed a small "4x4" block to put under the jack to allow for enough lift to get the rear tire off the ground. All that equipment for lifting fits under the passenger seat to save space.

Not sure of the tire holder "brand" Master Overland uses or if they manufacture it but installation is pretty simple because they completed it within an hour at their shop near Tampa.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:10 PM   #4

THOR #26167
Thanks, ran into same problem with scissor jack and needed a block for extra lift and stability. Appreciate the quick reply.
Old 05-22-2023, 12:52 PM   #5

THOR #26167
Thanks again for the Master Overland mod, heading to Tampa tomorrow for my install, I have a takeoff wheel and tire that matches my Oem set on the tellaro, is that what u used for a spare?
Old 05-23-2023, 12:30 AM   #6

THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfam5 View Post
Thanks again for the Master Overland mod, heading to Tampa tomorrow for my install, I have a takeoff wheel and tire that matches my Oem set on the tellaro, is that what u used for a spare?
Master Overland had a tire and steel rim I purchased from them for about $100 I think so would think you should be good. They also added a tire cover and completed the job very quickly while I waited. Good Luck and sounds like you should be all set shortly! We had ours mounted a few months ago with no problems.
Old 05-23-2023, 01:17 AM   #7

THOR #26167
Thanks! Got a good deal on the OEM takeoff wheel and tire, but think it may not fit the tire rack so may just get one from them and sell the one I have on eBay
Old 05-24-2023, 02:02 AM   #8

THOR #26907
Sounds good. We have been traveling in the van quite a bit over the last several days and working off my phone but hoping all went well with the install? We are glad to have the spare tire available as an option when on the road and think you made a wise decision given the experiences we have had with AAA and similar road assist services.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:15 PM   #9

THOR #26167
Thx! For your insight! We’re all set up now, just gotta get a scissor jack.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1913.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	42058
Old 05-24-2023, 06:48 PM   #10

THOR #26907
Looks Great! Glad it worked out.