Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post

Turned out it was the line IN my RV that was the issue - somewhere between the rear external connection and the switchbox. Wouldn't even 'ping' a good connection down the line... Bypassing that line gave nice crisp picture and high speed internet.
The next trip out I will hook up direct from CG cable to outside tv and see if the results are the same as through the rv. I have tried to get reception in our driveway through the antenna with bad results also. We are 30 miles from Sacramento so I would think we should be able to pick up a channel or two.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:35 AM   #22

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Yeah, been scanning as well as pushing that little red button. Just crummy reception.
On my 23TR, the antenna reception button doesn't seem to be coloured (it is in the cupboard above the fridge and mounted to the left) so I don't see it head on. When the button is pushed into "on" a small light on the plug panel turns GREEN and when pushed to "off" its just dark. Nancy
Old 11-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #23

State: Florida
THOR #9606
"We are 30 miles from Sacramento so I would think we should be able to pick up a channel or two."

Actually, that's the rap against the Jack. It sits too low as compared to the Sensar. I find the domes, covers and airconditioners actually interfere with TV OTA reception. Throw in a hill or trees or mountain, and you're hard pressed to get anything line of sight or curve of the earth.

It does work well for me in Indiana....where I go, I can see Ohio and Illinois it's so flat.

Nancy, thank you. Exactly as you described.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #24

State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
On my 23TR, the antenna reception button doesn't seem to be coloured (it is in the cupboard above the fridge and mounted to the left) so I don't see it head on. When the button is pushed into "on" a small light on the plug panel turns GREEN and when pushed to "off" its just dark. Nancy
Actually you are correct, I only imagine it red because it was on our 5th wheel. I can not see ours either.