Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2021, 01:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Tellaro / Sequence level Propane Sensor

My propane level sensor on my Tellaro hasn’t worked since I took delivery. It is on my list of things that the dealer needs to fix. Yesterday and today I connected her to power and let the battery charge fully. Once the battery was fully charged, showing 14.4, the propane level showed up on the system. Once the charge level drops back to 13ish the propane level disconnects again.

Any ideas? I am guessing a weak ground but wouldn’t even know where to look. I don’t have a way of getting her up off the ground to get to the connections on the tank.

Secondary question, when driving does the engine alternator charge the house battery as well as the chassis, or does it have to be hooked up or have the generator running to charge the house batteries? I don’t have the lithium system.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:52 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
The alternator does charge the house battery and my propane level seems to work ... although has been 4 months and I still have 3/4 of a tank ... seems impossible
Old 05-18-2021, 12:03 PM   #3

State: Arkansas
THOR #19565
When the propane tank is full it does not register well until you use some of it. I had the same impression as you when we first got our Windsport. You don’t really use a lot of propane unless you use the furnace. When you do, you will be amazed how fast it goes.