Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Tellaro/Sequence Solar Charger question

I have read the manual for this thing and searched online and canít find any reference to this. My solar charger gives battery voltage, charging amps (I think) and the amp hours, but all this is under battery 1 (BT1). Is there a way to see battery 2?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	30332

Old 05-08-2021, 03:30 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSheepDog View Post
I have read the manual for this thing and searched online and can’t find any reference to this. My solar charger gives battery voltage, charging amps (I think) and the amp hours, but all this is under battery 1 (BT1). Is there a way to see battery 2?
Attachment 30332
I don't quite understand what battery 1 and battery 2 means. The Go Power or any charge controller will only show the voltage and amps of the battery or batteries it is connected to. So if battery 1 and 2 are connected together to form a battery bank then it will tell you the voltage of both together and the total current for both. If it is only connected to battery 1 then it will tell you the voltage and current of battery 1.

BTW I have the 10A Go Power controller. It is a very nice controller but it is a pulse width modulation (PWM) controller. These are less efficient than maximum power point (MPPT) controllers and can only be used with solar panels wired in parallel, not in series. If yours is an OEM installation then they were certainly wired in parallel.

David
Old 06-21-2021, 02:03 AM   #3

Model: Thor Sequence 20L
THOR #23892
Do you have the 2 battery Lithium system? I do, and mine just shows Bat1 as well. The solar panel charges them, but very, very slowly. If you have a generator, the solar panel will keep your house battery topped off, but on mine it's pretty useless. I'd need a much bigger array to charge the lithium batteries.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:55 AM   #4

Model: Tellaro 20LT
THOR #23123
I donít have the Li system, and figured out that the batteries are in parallel so it only reports the one. I live in Florida so it it only takes a few sunny days to have my batteries in float. I have never turned it off, fridge and what ever other little accessories including a Wyze camera and the Winegard are always on. So far I have been fairly impressed with the charging capabilities of the solar panel but have moved it to make room for a second. Looking at getting the exact same 190W panel but it is rather pricey.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:17 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
THOR #1469
The controller can be, but not always, connected to 2 battery banks. For example it could be connect to house batteries and to the chassis battery. If all that shows is battery 1 you are hooked to either house or chassis but not both.