Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2023, 07:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #29600
Thor rattle

Hello everyone,

I have a 2023 Thor Rize and a very annoying rattle has begun. It's very difficult to figure out where it is originating from. It sounds like it might be coming from the vent on the ceiling/roof but I'm not certain. It's especially loud when I'm driving and there is crosswinds. I'm going to attempt to upload a quick video for reference.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Click to Download.zip (702 Bytes, 33 views)

Old 05-04-2023, 01:40 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Rattles, squeaks, mysterious sounds. That’s all part of owning a Thor product. My screen door rattles. Cabinet doors rattle. As the unit bumps over our Nation’s great road system I hear new noises everyday. And after driving some of Arizonas god awful tar patched roads, I can truly say, I found no screws in the floor. And only ended up with a 16” crack in the windshield.
Old 05-04-2023, 02:03 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Rattles, squeaks, mysterious sounds. That’s all part of owning a Thor product. My screen door rattles. Cabinet doors rattle. As the unit bumps over our Nation’s great road system I hear new noises everyday. And after driving some of Arizonas god awful tar patched roads, I can truly say, I found no screws in the floor. And only ended up with a 16” crack in the windshield.
Thor gets enough deserved bashing but, I will add rattles and noises in a motorhome are not an exclusive to Thor problem. We have owned several other brands they all have squeaks & rattles.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:26 PM   #4

Model: Rize 18M
State: California
THOR #28965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone70 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2023 Thor Rize and a very annoying rattle has begun. It's very difficult to figure out where it is originating from. It sounds like it might be coming from the vent on the ceiling/roof but I'm not certain. It's especially loud when I'm driving and there is crosswinds. I'm going to attempt to upload a quick video for reference.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help!

I am assuming your roof vent is CLOSED when you are driving... right? There's a bunch of stuff up there, not sure if you have a solar panel, which might (not saying it does) make noises especially with cross-winds, as well as the cover for the A/C unit up there.

Also check that the awning is secure, I found a bunch of loose screws which in hindsight, is a bit scary.
Go up there with a ladder and shake things to see if something moves...
Old 05-04-2023, 03:27 PM   #5

THOR #17765
All the stuff inside your cabinets will rattle as well. I gave up after 2 years of trying to quiet all the rattles and squeaks.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:31 PM   #6

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Thor gets enough deserved bashing but, I will add rattles and noises in a motorhome are not an exclusive to Thor problem. We have owned several other brands they all have squeaks & rattles.
I had a guy in a gas Tiffin pull in next to me in Holbrook. We were discussing Arizona roads. The wood over his bathroom door cracked. The pull down blind over the drivers side window fell in his lap while driving. And he’s missing a cargo door and has no idea where that fell off. Luckily his electric cord was still there. However, this is a Thor forum.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:39 PM   #7

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Tin Cup

I had a rattle under the coach. Turned out to be the mother-in-law raking her tin cup across the bars of her cell.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 06:03 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds Siesta 24 SA
State: South Carolina
THOR #13919
We had a rattle that I was sure was coming from overhead. Check to make sure your screen door is not loose between the outside door and the frame.
Harry
Old 05-11-2023, 05:07 PM   #9
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I had a guy in a gas Tiffin pull in next to me in Holbrook. We were discussing Arizona roads. The wood over his bathroom door cracked. The pull down blind over the drivers side window fell in his lap while driving. And he’s missing a cargo door and has no idea where that fell off. Luckily his electric cord was still there. However, this is a Thor forum.
It does not matter. It reminds people that no matter what brand you have, you need to check all fasteners for tightness on everything. One overhead rattle bothered me. Took me a few trips to figure out how to stop it. It was from the overhead bed. Came with the used rig and would have never had it otherwise. I unlock it, run it down a bit, up, and lock it. Over several trips it will do it again. Running it up without going down first will not eliminate the rattle. The procedure works so who cares.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:24 PM   #10

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
I would bet it’s the vent on the range hood, the little flapper in there rattles when driving.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:10 AM   #11

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Ask a friend to drive so you can move around and narrow down the source. Rattles are part of the RV experience.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:20 PM   #12

State: Arizona
THOR #24430
I have had my Thor Tellaro for 2 years now. No matter what I try, I can’t find the source of my rattle. Only does it when the back tires hit some of our country’s great potholes. My wife and I spent a lot of time in the back. Sounds like oven racks, don’t have an oven. I’ve narrowed it down to something behind the cab. LOL. Still trying.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:30 PM   #13

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
My exhaust pipe touches the body and I never remember to fix it.
Other than that we are essentially rattle free except on the worst of roads.

Many felt chair leg thingies, much foam tape.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 02:35 PM   #14

State: Colorado
THOR #29440
This thread is not named properly, it should be Thor RATTLES (plural, as in more than one)!

Tags
#thor rattle