Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2022, 04:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23742
Thor recall on TRANQUILITY/SANCTUARY

Did anyone get any info on the thor recall for the TRANQUILITY/SANCTUARY? Fire danger with Cracked LP Gas Quick Disconnect Fitting on 100% of all rv's.
May 5, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V300000
Cracked LP Gas Quick Disconnect Fitting
A gas leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V300000

Manufacturer Thor Motor Coach

Components EQUIPMENT

Potential Number of Units Affected 3,374

Summary

Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling certain 2022 Scope, Tellaro, Sanctuary, Delano, Sequence, Tranquility, Rize, Synergy, Quantum, Magnitude, Geneva, Compass, Chateau, Four Winds, and 2022-2023 Tiburon, and Gemini vehicles. The quick disconnect fittings in the LP gas system may be cracked, causing a gas leak.

Remedy

Dealers will replace the quick disconnect fittings, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed July 4, 2022. Owners may contact TMC customer service at 1-877-855-2867.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.

18 Affected Products

Old 05-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maine
THOR #24588
Other then the passanger rear for external grills (which is closed by a valve) where else are these used ?
Old 05-10-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMOORE View Post
Other then the passanger rear for external grills (which is closed by a valve) where else are these used ?
That’s the only place.

Must have received a bad lot of fittings.

Long time before notification so they must expect a shortage and long lead time for replacements to get to dealers.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:41 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Maine
THOR #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
That’s the only place.

Must have received a bad lot of fittings.

Long time before notification so they must expect a shortage and long lead time for replacements to get to dealers.
Thats not critical and also easy to manage or even replace w/o going the dealer.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #5

Model: Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26793
Not yet received recall. At Gen RV now for service. Will ask.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:18 PM   #6

THOR #26080
I just got off the phone with LaMesa in Davis, CA. Although there is an official Thor recall number 22V300 for this leaky LP valve issue, LaMesa has not received detail on what to do for the recall. The service advisor reiterated that official notice to affected owners won't start going out until July.

My questions are:

1) is the valve in question solely the quick fit valve on the rear passenger side of vehicle for external LP use?
2) if so, what's the easiest way to isolate the quick connect valve in the interim before it's permanently replaced through recall? Is there a shut off valve upstream from the fitting?[emoji1696] I have a 2022 Thor Sequence 20a.
3) I suppose the safest way is to switch off the LP system entirely, but that means no heat and no stove (at least for me).

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:50 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdage2009 View Post
I just got off the phone with LaMesa in Davis, CA. Although there is an official Thor recall number 22V300 for this leaky LP valve issue, LaMesa has not received detail on what to do for the recall. The service advisor reiterated that official notice to affected owners won't start going out until July.

My questions are:

1) is the valve in question solely the quick fit valve on the rear passenger side of vehicle for external LP use?
2) if so, what's the easiest way to isolate the quick connect valve in the interim before it's permanently replaced through recall? Is there a shut off valve upstream from the fitting?[emoji1696] I have a 2022 Thor Sequence 20a.
3) I suppose the safest way is to switch off the LP system entirely, but that means no heat and no stove (at least for me).

If not already installed immediately upstream get one of these and install it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas Valve.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	37442  
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 05:21 AM   #8

Model: Tranquility
THOR #23742
I got a call from La mesa RV here in san Diego after emailing them about the recall today saying our RV 2022 tranquility was not on the list . So not sure whats going on, but par for the course of this crazy rv life.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:18 PM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdage2009 View Post

My questions are:

Since official notice does not go out until July, how would anyone, including dealers, know the details at this time?
Old 05-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #10

THOR #25047
La Mesa RV service center in El Cajon told me today that he had heard through a customer and was going to look into it
Old 05-12-2022, 04:42 PM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Since official notice does not go out until July, how would anyone, including dealers, know the details at this time?
"Official Notice" went out from the NHTSA on May 5 and was in the OP on this thread. Some manufacturers won't be sending owner notification letters until July but the recall has been issued.

You can check to see if your vehicle is affected by the NHTSA VIN lookup tool here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls#vin

Name:	Recall 1.png
Views:	44
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	37453

Name:	Recall 2.png
Views:	39
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	37454
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RCAK-22V300-6215.pdf (632.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: pdf RCLRPT-22V300-1666.PDF (216.1 KB, 21 views)
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 05:55 PM   #12

THOR #26080
Unfortunately my class b only has a vin for the dodge cargo van body and not the entire RV. But this would likey work great for a trailer or if the manufacturer applied for a vin that covers the entire motorhome.

My chassis came back with 0 recalls for the cargo van but I suspect the recalled part is from the coach portion of my Thor Sequence?