Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2023, 04:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #31374
Thor Sequence 20A Drain Hose Box

Hello everyone,
Has anyone been able to source or find the manufacturer of the sewer hose Box for the Sequence 20A. The local dodge dealer accidentally busted mine taking it off the lift while getting an oil change. I tried the manufacturer of the door but they donít make it or carry the actual box. I tried ordering it through a local RV dealer, when it arrived it was not the right part. (The wrong part or not all the parts is a topic for another email) In all reality a work around might be better, do to, it being so low to the ground. Someone else will probably just break the new one. I have had the long list of problems many other Thor owners have had or are still having. Iíve decided to call it the THOR INITIATION to the family of rv owners. Itís entry level alright, if you survive your first one you can own any rv!
Any input on where to source a replacement box or well crafted work around would be greatly appreciated. In final, I ďwill notĒbe ordering it from Thor directly! They already have almost $800 of my money held hostage from a repair under warranty that the check cut on 11/10 but supposedly will take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive in my mailbox. A 6 to 8 wk trip via USPS that should only take 8 to 10 days. The only way I can vote or fight the issues at Thor is to refuse to give them anymore of my money, period. Maybe if enough folks do that they will built things correct the first time.

Old 11-28-2023, 04:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Does this help?

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:23 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
About your only source is a Thor dealer who can order the parts from Thor. If the original part had any markings, maybe do a search for those identifiers...but, Thor seems tje quickest option. Not the best but the most direct.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:20 PM   #4

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennjn@icloud.com View Post
Hello everyone,
Has anyone been able to source or find the manufacturer of the sewer hose Box for the Sequence 20A. The local dodge dealer accidentally busted mine taking it off the lift while getting an oil change. I tried the manufacturer of the door but they don’t make it or carry the actual box. I tried ordering it through a local RV dealer, when it arrived it was not the right part. (The wrong part or not all the parts is a topic for another email) In all reality a work around might be better, do to, it being so low to the ground. Someone else will probably just break the new one. I have had the long list of problems many other Thor owners have had or are still having. I’ve decided to call it the THOR INITIATION to the family of rv owners. It’s entry level alright, if you survive your first one you can own any rv!
Any input on where to source a replacement box or well crafted work around would be greatly appreciated. In final, I “will not”be ordering it from Thor directly! They already have almost $800 of my money held hostage from a repair under warranty that the check cut on 11/10 but supposedly will take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive in my mailbox. A 6 to 8 wk trip via USPS that should only take 8 to 10 days. The only way I can vote or fight the issues at Thor is to refuse to give them anymore of my money, period. Maybe if enough folks do that they will built things correct the first time.
I had a 20AT that the PO had trashed that door on- and ran over the hose!

So I removed the damaged parts and door, and changed to a threaded fitting inside the box, and carried in a separate place, a hose I made from a washing machine supply hose with mating threaded fitting, that I could just screw on when needed. I did not want to have to use the clumsy 4" hose as that video posted above shows. The washer hose is cheap and easy to store and use.

I left the compartment open, door off- if someone wants to steal my grey water... they can have it.

The hose below comes with a push fit adapter, so you could use that in combination with a barbed fitting added to the original hose connection.

https://www.amazon.com/HLMOptimo-Uni...93&sr=8-3&th=1

I believe the oem mfr is Valterra if you really want to put back as it was, but I can tell you it will probably just happen again.
I cannot find it any more- I did find it a couple years ago, but not today...

Goes w/o saying dealer who broke it should pay for the repair.
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 05:57 PM   #5

THOR #31374
I had an rv dealer order it. I even witnessed the description on the screen that said door & box but what arrived from Thor was just the door with the frame no box. So it was sent back I got a refund. The whole design is a problem and thought about removing even before this happened but my only concern is that the box is the only barrier before the actual grey water pipe & I figured it served as a good protector of the pipe itself from getting damaged. The dodge dealer is going to pay for it if I can find one. But Thor didn’t even get it right & they made it!
Old 11-28-2023, 05:59 PM   #6

THOR #31374
My box is destroyed. Held together by some added screw and the black bungee cords so the door isn’t an issue. I had lost the traveling in nasty rain storm(the water blew it right off) but a fabricated a fix so that wouldn’t happen again prior to the dealer busting it.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:41 PM   #7
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
My box is destroyed. Held together by some added screw and the black bungee cords so the door isnít an issue. I had lost the traveling in nasty rain storm(the water blew it right off) but a fabricated a fix so that wouldnít happen again prior to the dealer busting it.
If you want the better clearance removing the box provides, but want the protection having a box provides; just get a appropriate sized PVC junction box from your local big box hardware store, make the mode in the video, but have the 3/4" hose adapter external to the box with a cap for when not in use. Mount the box appropriately and you have a replacement box probably made of much better quality.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CANTEX/5004861277

If you want to add an easy access door to the box just get a marine round hatch and install it.

https://www.amazon.com/smartmarine-H...0BV5Y4BR7?th=1
Old 11-28-2023, 11:42 PM   #8

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Hello everyone,
Has anyone been able to source or find the manufacturer of the sewer hose Box for the Sequence 20A. The local dodge dealer accidentally busted mine taking it off the lift while getting an oil change.
That box looks like the Rotocast storage compartment boxes used on most of Thor's RVs. It is likely a custom part made exclusively for Thor. In my view you have two options.

First you can get your Vin and call Thor. Once you get to the Parts department explain what you need. They should be able to find the part and ship it to you once you give them your credit card information. If the part is in stock, you should receive within 7 to 14 business days. It the part is not in stock they will tell you how long it will take.

Second you can find a sheet metal shop in your area and get them to make a replacement box out of stainless or aluminum with a latch system that will not pop open. Perhaps you can have the box made a little shorter so that it does not hang down so far. Maybe you can even get the shop that broke the box to pop for part of the cost. If you can find out how much Thor will charge for the replacement box that could be applied to whatever the Sheet metal shop charges.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:53 PM   #9
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
I had an rv dealer order it. I even witnessed the description on the screen that said door & box but what arrived from Thor was just the door with the frame no box. So it was sent back I got a refund. The whole design is a problem and thought about removing even before this happened but my only concern is that the box is the only barrier before the actual grey water pipe & I figured it served as a good protector of the pipe itself from getting damaged. The dodge dealer is going to pay for it if I can find one. But Thor didnít even get it right & they made it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
That box looks like the Rotocast storage compartment boxes used on most of Thor's RVs. It is likely a custom part made exclusively for Thor. In my view you have two options.

First you can get your Vin and call Thor. Once you get to the Parts department explain what you need. They should be able to find the part and ship it to you once you give them your credit card information. If the part is in stock, you should receive within 7 to 14 business days. It the part is not in stock they will tell you how long it will take.

Second you can find a sheet metal shop in your area and get them to make a replacement box out of stainless or aluminum with a latch system that will not pop open. Perhaps you can have the box made a little shorter so that it does not hang down so far. Maybe you can even get the shop that broke the box to pop for part of the cost. If you can find out how much Thor will charge for the replacement box that could be applied to whatever the Sheet metal shop charges.
She's been down that road - unsuccessfully.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:17 AM   #10

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
She's been down that road - unsuccessfully.
Quote:
I had an rv dealer order it. I even witnessed the description on the screen that said door & box but what arrived from Thor was just the door with the frame no box. So it was sent back I got a refund. The whole design is a problem and thought about removing even before this happened but my only concern is that the box is the only barrier before the actual grey water pipe & I figured it served as a good protector of the pipe itself from getting damaged. The dodge dealer is going to pay for it if I can find one. But Thor didnít even get it right & they made it!
She had an RV dealer do it online. I said call Thor. I have been down the path of trying to order parts through a dealer and frankly you are asking to add weeks if not months before you get your parts it you even get the right parts assuming the dealer does not lose the part upon receipt. I have found that I get far better service going direct to Thor most of the time. In all the contacts I have had with Thor I have had only one instance where the contact refused to even try to look up a small part that I needed claiming that the prat was not available separately and had to be ordered as part of the entire dashboard assembly. I called back a few days later and the agent I got was more than helpful and got the part shipped to me in a few days of FedEx time. Every other time I have been able to get what I wanted with little difficulty.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote