Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2021, 04:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #23075
Thor Sequence - Spare tire and (leveling) Jacks

Since the Sequence / Tellaro does not come with a spare, it is of interest to acquire at least 2 scissor jacks that can used for stability, when parked, as well as to remove a tire. An additional aluminum jack stand would be needed during a tire change. Even if you were to just remove the tire/rim, so as to use another vehicle to get in to the shop, is better than waiting on assistance for endless hours, until their service truck can get to you.
I wonder if there is tire mount designed for the left rear door ?

Old 05-14-2021, 11:43 PM   #2

THOR #23075
I did finally settle on a simple 2-ton jack.

https://www.nationaltoolwarehouse.co...e-P169110.aspx
Old 05-15-2021, 12:10 AM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Do you think that a 2 ton jack will be enough?
Old 05-15-2021, 12:31 AM   #4

THOR #23075
Based on a 2021 Sequence specified with a GVWR of 9,350 lbs, I would think so.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:52 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #22773
Here is my one of my solutions to this issues ... at the end I put the tools, jack, and spare tire info.

Old 11-21-2022, 05:30 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #28539
Thor Sequence - No need for spare

I found that many current vehicles, including the Thor Motorcoach Sequence do not provide a spare tire. The 2023 Thor Sequence, however, did come with an air compressor. I looked at options to mount a spare tire and decided not to carry the additional weight, plus jacking equipment, etc.. Not only are modern tires better built and designed to reduce the likeliness of a flat tire, it is also very difficult to SAFELY change a tire along a random roadside on a 10,000 lb vehicle. Therefore, I recommend that you carry tire sealant and the air compressor will serve you well to at least get you to the next service repair facility in most situations. Now, if you have a tire blowout, you will have other issues to contend with and the safety issue is magnified. I personally have never experienced a tire blowout, but I am also one who is meticulous about preventive maintenance and inspection, so keep your tires in good repair and replace when they become questionable.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:27 AM   #7

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1969 View Post
I found that many current vehicles, including the Thor Motorcoach Sequence do not provide a spare tire. The 2023 Thor Sequence, however, did come with an air compressor. I looked at options to mount a spare tire and decided not to carry the additional weight, plus jacking equipment, etc.. Not only are modern tires better built and designed to reduce the likeliness of a flat tire, it is also very difficult to SAFELY change a tire along a random roadside on a 10,000 lb vehicle. Therefore, I recommend that you carry tire sealant and the air compressor will serve you well to at least get you to the next service repair facility in most situations. Now, if you have a tire blowout, you will have other issues to contend with and the safety issue is magnified. I personally have never experienced a tire blowout, but I am also one who is meticulous about preventive maintenance and inspection, so keep your tires in good repair and replace when they become questionable.

I agree and do the same. But I also carry a plug kit that I’d try before using a goo spray. If you get one practice on an old tire. I’ve been driving for more than half of a century but I’ve never even once had to change a tire on the side of a road. Certainly it could happen but I’m willing to take the risk.
Old 11-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #8

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Found a mount that we had installed that works great for the left rear door and does not interfere with the bike rack on the right even when bikes are present. Purchased a jack kit that fits under the passenger seat and have removed a tire with no problems. Found a collapsible "4 way" wrench at harbor freight that fits inside the jack box. Only other addition was to use a couple of small blocks to allow for a little more height in the rear when using the "harbor freight" scissors jack. Using the Pro-Master recommended jacking locations front and rear. Cost of the jack and 4 way less than $60.
Space is always a consideration in a van like this and this solution took up very little.

Apparently the installation is very simple because was completed in less than an hour.

Mounting also included a license plate relocation bracket. Installed on 2022 Tellaro. A picture and details are in the link previously posted:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...aro-32648.html
Old 11-28-2022, 01:37 AM   #9

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: Arizona
THOR #15205
For what it's worth, I did a big post on this

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...are-30424.html