Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2023, 02:00 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Thor Tellaro Timing Module TSB

I am getting some warranty work done on my 2022 Tellaro and was advised by Thor there is an open TSB (technical service bulletin). This module is supposed to allow for the Air Conditioner to turn off when using the microwave to keep from overloading the Relion batteries.

Personally, I have never run both at the same time anyway and probably never will.

I have attached a copy of the TSB with information on how to check if other vehicles may be effected:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tellaro Timer Module TSB.pdf (1,013.7 KB, 116 views)

Old 02-07-2023, 12:21 AM   #2

State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Yep, that's a little timer module. It's wrapped in reddish-pink shrink wrap, about 2" square with a white plug that goes into a wiring harness. Mine was near the fuse box under passenger bed.

I tried to get one from Thor directly, after I realized mine was in the recall. They wouldn't send it to me, had to go to dealer (recall liability)...I hunted down the manufacturer, and bought one directly for $25 + shipping.

I would have gone to a dealer, but the closest one is more than $25 in gas from me.

Good that they replaced it for you, Others have reported that the failure of the device causes a full drain of the lithium batteries in less than 2 days.

Ron
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:42 AM   #3

THOR #26907
They have not replaced mine but just sent me the information. I have not had any problems and would never try and run the microwave at the same time as the A/C so not terribly concerned about it.
That is new to me on the part causing drain on the Lithium batteries. My batteries typically last two to three days due to parasitic draw of about 1.5 amps per hour which I assumed was due to the inverter and other devices and have just been charging them when they get down to 20% or so.

I am still trying to get their warranty department to take care of the key fob programming problem and all information has been sent to them but waiting to hear back. The Dodge dealer quoted me approx. $1500 to fix because
Thor removed a wiring harness that is required for reprogramming.

I need to look at mine and see if it is effected and just hasn't been a priority but Thor sent me this information when I requested their warranty repair so posted to help others who might be effected.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:22 PM   #4

THOR #26907
As luck would have it, I located the module and found it to be an older one needing to be replaced.

Rather than wait on the dealer, I decided just to get one and replace it myself.
I was unable to locate one of these as a replacement part.
I found the same module however in a 5 minute version instead of 2 minute and wondering if that would cause any problems? All connections are the same.
Old 02-08-2023, 11:08 AM   #5

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Most Thermostat's for A/C compressors have a built in 5 min delay for restart to protect the compressor from short cycling damage, that may be why the difference in time delay , just a guess .

Five min. on a hot day to wait for the A/C to restart might be an issue .I'm assuming its a timed wait to restart the A/C's Compressor after using the Microwave.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:08 PM   #6

THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Most Thermostat's for A/C compressors have a built in 5 min delay for restart to protect the compressor from short cycling damage, that may be why the difference in time delay , just a guess .

Five min. on a hot day to wait for the A/C to restart might be an issue .I'm assuming its a timed wait to restart the A/C's Compressor after using the Microwave.
That was my thought as well. More of just a fail safe. Since it was the only one I could find right now decided just to replace it myself and be done with it. Thanks for reply.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:17 PM   #7

Model: 22FE
State: New York
THOR #5330
Until you go to either sell or trade in your unit and a Open TSB pops up because you didn't have the update performed by an authorized service provider. Could cost you some major bucks and time and frustration.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:21 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmath View Post
Until you go to either sell or trade in your unit and a Open TSB pops up because you didn't have the update performed by an authorized service provider. Could cost you some major bucks and time and frustration.
A TSB is NOT a recall and you would never even know about any on your vehicle unless you experience the issue the TSB addresses.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 01:22 PM   #9

THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmath View Post
That is true and good point. My dealer however is some distance away and has been very unreliable to deal with setting appointments a month or so in advance. For something this simple I will record it in my notes and if a buyer "way down the road" doesn't understand I will just move on I suppose but thanks for pointing that out.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:25 AM   #10

THOR #27874
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1961 View Post
As luck would have it, I located the module and found it to be an older one needing to be replaced.

Rather than wait on the dealer, I decided just to get one and replace it myself.
I was unable to locate one of these as a replacement part.
I found the same module however in a 5 minute version instead of 2 minute and wondering if that would cause any problems? All connections are the same.
I saw one of those on eBay or Amazon. When I talked to the service guy at the manufacturer, he said the 2min module was a custom design specific for Thor. He didn't go into details, but he lead me to believe the 5min and 2min are not exactly the same (sans the timeout). Might be the re-trigger feature mentioned in the description.

Here's where and what I ordered.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	timer.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	40807  
Old 02-10-2023, 03:04 PM   #11

THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRM View Post
I saw one of those on eBay or Amazon. When I talked to the service guy at the manufacturer, he said the 2min module was a custom design specific for Thor. He didn't go into details, but he lead me to believe the 5min and 2min are not exactly the same (sans the timeout). Might be the re-trigger feature mentioned in the description.

Here's where and what I ordered.

Ron
I was planning on trying the 5 minute one but will now just send it back. I spoke with probably the same guy you did and agree this is a totally different switch. Thanks much for saving me the aggravation of installing the wrong part. I ordered the correct one.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:08 PM   #12

THOR #27874
Yep, I was about to pull the trigger on the 5min device too.

I kinda got spooked when I couldn't find a 2min device anywhere. That prompted me to find the manufacturer and give them a call.

I will go to the end of the earth to stay away from a dealer.

This is just another Thor engineering genius move, have a custom part designed by a sole source manufacturer (who just got bought out). The timer is a good idea, just stupid sourcing move.

Ron