Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2022, 04:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Thor Tellaro Water Filter Removal

I removed the water filter for a couple of reasons. I did not want to worry about it freezing and we don't drink the water from the tank anyway. May or may not put it back in as weather warms up but for now have not missed it.

If anyone interested in how to do this, it is very simple and completed the job in about 15 minutes. Mine had two screws fastening the filter to the wall. The fittings are simple screw on/off like a water hose. After removing the water filter, installed a short hose (Amazon) to connect the two loose ends. One is female, the other is male. Has worked without any issues for a month or so now.

The exact part ordered on Amazon is 16" G1/2 female by G1/2 male. Brand was Uxcell. Listed as a Faucet supply connector. Don't forget the teflon thread tape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Filter Removed.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	40458  

Old 12-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #2

State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Love it...I did same thing.

I'm looking at that space for an additional battery (maybe even fit a 200ah unit). I'll build a platform for the battery.

Might have to do a bit more surgery on the pipes, but there is a ton of space in that area.

rm
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:01 PM   #3

THOR #26907
That is a great idea! I would love to have an additional 200 a/h of battery power. I am curious how Thor mounted the batteries for the 400 and 800 a/h setups because does not look like there is enough room underneath the van like they did for the 200a/h system?
Old 12-31-2022, 03:55 PM   #4

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
I have a Sanctuary 19P & I have a 400 AH system & its not under the RV , but it's also not all that large , nor would I want in under the Vehicle . Not garage space in my RV . I can measure it for you .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mastervolt battery system.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	40474  
Old 01-02-2023, 03:00 PM   #5

THOR #26907
Thanks for the photos and no need to measure. I like that setup much better than mine underneath the vehicle. Don't have to worry about weather and much easier to access. It would take some work on ours with the batteries underneath to make the change with all of the wiring re-routes etc. I will probably let Ron be the initiator of that project as would bet he is much better at that kind of stuff than I am...