Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2022, 12:04 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #22737
The front driver seat has a recall because upon pushing the seat forward the cords can become severed-This can be fixed at the dealership because it has a recall

The fans and windows are not put in properly. When it is raining it literally rains in the car.

My awning was broken from the get go. I read on this form another person had the same problem. Possibly that?

I also have a big time leak in the back of the van possibly coming from the water tank. This is causing the flooring to come up and mildew to form.

The bathroom mirror glass doors don’t stay closed and when driving all my stuff falls out to the floor

My refrigerator broke immediately

Old 01-24-2022, 12:06 AM   #22

THOR #22737
I forgot the following items as well

The converter

The inverter

The inverter switch
Old 03-09-2022, 03:32 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #24975
A quick update on my Air Conditioning / Generator woes. The generator is fine, checked by TWO Cummins/Onan techs. The Air Conditioning unit is the issue. Finally, at the 3rd place I took it (2xGeneral RV dealers failed), Camping World succeeded by metering the initial load of the General Electric AC unit when the compressor starts, and found that it draws WELL over the maximum rating for the GenSet. Finally, with proof and warranty claim, Thor agreed, and shipped (supposedly) the correct Coleman Mach Power Saving unit which online Thor support guide, the vehicle operating details, and every other Sanctuary I've seen on the lots or at RV shows is installed with. Apparently, Thor ran out of AirCon units at some point, and slapped GE units onto some vehicles, which are NOT power saving style, and spec'd with too much power draw. Went to Camping World two days ago for the replacement swap- they could not finish as the wiring harness was wrong for what Thor sent. Contacted Customer service, rehashed the long story, and got lucky with a guy who said that he would contact the service department, collect the details, and ensure that Camping World got the 'intended' correct Coleman Mach unit. I think it should be Mach 3, according to all support documentation, but Thor CS said it would be a Mach 1. I hope it works
Old 03-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #24

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I am still trying to get my rim issue worked out as well. Thor customer service seems like they want to help, but it has taken me numerous calls just to get the order going. Here we are, 3 months later and I still do not have the rims yet but supposedly they are on their way from Japan. Plus, they shipped my new awning motor to General RV who then "lost it" ... now I have to start from scratch again! Seriously, Thor needs to wake up!
Old 03-11-2022, 03:45 AM   #25

THOR #25635
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Escape View Post
Agree about the vehicle shaking badly at highway speeds, and the fact that Mercedes can't do much beyond trying to balance the flawed wheels. Helped a bit, but the wheels are not Mercedes-Benz, so discuss with Thor.

Air-conditioning doesn't work on generator power.
Only when plugged into shore power. Waiting for warranty to replace the AC unit in hopes of a resolution.

All plumbing fittings should be examined and add plumbers tape onto the threads to fix the leaks.

This is not an all inclusive list of issues, but they are my major concerns which haven't been remedied since August 2021 purchase of my 2022 19P
Wheel wobble can be remedied by buying hub centric rings. I believe 85 OD. to 84.1 ID. not sure why Thor didn’t order these wheels to Mercedes hubs size.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:11 AM   #26

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by htsai14752 View Post
Wheel wobble can be remedied by buying hub centric rings. I believe 85 OD. to 84.1 ID. not sure why Thor didn’t order these wheels to Mercedes hubs size.
Installed a set of Methods with Toyo Open Country’s. World of difference. I spent half a day at the tire shop and wheels couldn’t be balanced. BFG’s work fine on my Tacoma, but the Sprinter is too heavy for them .IMO. My Dodge 2500 ate them up fast.
Old 03-11-2022, 03:00 PM   #27

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
THOR #26179
I have a wobble in the steering wheel above 70 mph , not crazy , but you can feel it . I have an appointment at discount tires on Wednesday to check balance , six month wait at General RV to get in there . I do have an appointment on Tuesday for a leak at the back Doors , right in the middle at the top , they were not too concerned until I told them that is right above that $ 10K battery system , but that's the only thing they will look at on a " can't camp " issue .

I actually sealed the upper rear tail light at the top & around the Rear Camera with Marine sealant , taping them off was a long process & I only filled in the gaps . Can hardly tell I did anything , but it sure slowed down that leak to a small drip , it hardly leaks now , but it does & I'm keeping my appointment .

Other then that , my Thor has only minor issues & I took care of them myself .

Top drawer at sink island , would open while driving , would not close all the way & pressure from one of the hoses to the faucet was in the way putting pressure on the Drawer over coming the Magnet & a loose glide .

No screw to tighten one of the stops for the shower curtain rail, made my own .
Old 03-11-2022, 03:09 PM   #28

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
I have a wobble in the steering wheel above 70 mph , not crazy , but you can feel it . I have an appointment at discount tires on Wednesday to check balance , six month wait at General RV to get in there . I do have an appointment on Tuesday for a leak at the back Doors , right in the middle at the top , they were not too concerned until I told them that is right above that $ 10K battery system , but that's the only thing they will look at on a " can't camp " issue .

I actually sealed the upper rear tail light at the top & around the Rear Camera with Marine sealant , taping them off was a long process & I only filled in the gaps . Can hardly tell I did anything , but it sure slowed down that leak to a small drip , it hardly leaks now , but it does & I'm keeping my appointment .

Other then that , my Thor has only minor issues & I took care of them myself .

Top drawer at sink island , would open while driving , would not close all the way & pressure from one of the hoses to the faucet was in the way putting pressure on the Drawer over coming the Magnet & a loose glide .

No screw to tighten one of the stops for the shower curtain rail, made my own .
I tried balancing the wheels/tires on my 19L. Made it slightly better. My tire guy couldn’t find any identifying logos on the wheels, and suggested new ones or live with the vibration. New Methods and Toyos made the van drive 100% better. Not cheap but what a difference
Old 03-11-2022, 09:43 PM   #29

State: New York
THOR #21831
Can anyone tell me if the Freedom Elite 22FE Backup Camera light is supposed to function as a brake light????
Old 03-12-2022, 04:33 PM   #30

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlgbear View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Freedom Elite 22FE Backup Camera light is supposed to function as a brake light????
I will have to check , but it should be , just like on Pick up Trucks .
Old 03-23-2022, 04:39 AM   #31

THOR #26282
Hi everyone, I’m new here n just bought the tranquility 2022. Can anyone recommend me a website for me to get more familiar with my van? I would appreciate it.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #32

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
I tried balancing the wheels/tires on my 19L. Made it slightly better. My tire guy couldn’t find any identifying logos on the wheels, and suggested new ones or live with the vibration. New Methods and Toyos made the van drive 100% better. Not cheap but what a difference
Balancing the front tires fixed my wobble .
Old 03-23-2022, 10:21 AM   #33

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet Charlie View Post
Hi everyone, I’m new here n just bought the tranquility 2022. Can anyone recommend me a website for me to get more familiar with my van? I would appreciate it.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

Thor’s owner resource website.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:20 PM   #34

Model: tranquility 19P
THOR #26546
we were not charging the batteries on solar, while driving, or on shore power.
We discover the ML-RBS remote battery switch in the back, under the bed.
flip that switch to ON and push down until latched (indented). Now everything charges the batteries like they were supposed to. Main battery switch is in the ON position.
Would have been nice to have this as part of the orientation (LOL)
Also, a very helpful utube video taught us that even tho the off shore power and turned off all the nodes at the command center, power is still being drawn directly from the batteries by the propane sensor and the winegard. To stop that draw, turn off the inverter. The is a toggle switch on the far left side of the underneath the bed equipment.
Very frustrating experience. But we learned a lot about how thing work.
Old 05-06-2022, 11:50 PM   #35

THOR #25047
Thor Tranquility/Sanctuary 19P Defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjbrooks2017@gmail.com View Post
we were not charging the batteries on solar, while driving, or on shore power.
We discover the ML-RBS remote battery switch in the back, under the bed.
flip that switch to ON and push down until latched (indented). Now everything charges the batteries like they were supposed to. Main battery switch is in the ON position.
Would have been nice to have this as part of the orientation (LOL)
Also, a very helpful utube video taught us that even tho the off shore power and turned off all the nodes at the command center, power is still being drawn directly from the batteries by the propane sensor and the winegard. To stop that draw, turn off the inverter. The is a toggle switch on the far left side of the underneath the bed equipment.
Very frustrating experience. But we learned a lot about how thing work.

We had a very similar experience, once we got smart, everything works great. Couldn’t be happier.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #36

THOR #24975
** Update with resolution of my Sanctuary 19P issues **

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Escape View Post
Agree about the vehicle shaking badly at highway speeds, and the fact that Mercedes can't do much beyond trying to balance the flawed wheels. Helped a bit, but the wheels are not Mercedes-Benz, so discuss with Thor.

Air-conditioning doesn't work on generator power.
Only when plugged into shore power. Waiting for warranty to replace the AC unit in hopes of a resolution.

All plumbing fittings should be examined and add plumbers tape onto the threads to fix the leaks.

This is not an all inclusive list of issues, but they are my major concerns which haven't been remedied since August 2021 purchase of my 2022 19P

** Great News on resolving my list of issues on Sanctuary including wheel wobble/vibration and generator/ AC mismatch **

Hello, all. I'm just back from Thor factory in Wakarusa, Indiana. Thor was very good about squeezing me into a very packed customer repair queue (currently booked into September, 2022).

After 3 failed attempts by two dealers to get my Onan Genset to run my Air Conditioning, Thor completed the following: 1.) Replaced the GE AirCon on the roof for the Coleman Mach Q power saver, which is what was SUPPOSED to have by design. 2.) found that my Automatic Transfer Switch was faulty and the cause of most failures to run the AC on GenSet. They replaced it. They found that my crazy swings in temperature and LP tank readings, as well as the odd overvoltage DC readings for batteries was due to the BMPro Master Node board. They replaced with a new, 3rd Gen version, which also includes an actual antenna on the board. All related issues have abated, and I can now connect to the BMPro system via Bluetooth from a surprising distance away- in fact, from my living room sofa! :-)

They completed a rain test for leaks (and fixed a small leak around the MaxxAir Kitchen fan on the roof, and competed an LP system pressure/leak test- all normal.

THE OTHER GREAT FIX THEY OFFERED, WHICH AFFECTS ALMOST ALL OF US WHO GOT THIS UNIT DURING THE FIRST YEAR OR TWO OF BUILDS: THE HORRIBLE WHEEL VIBRATION AT HIGH SPEED.

Many folks had an entire LONG thread about the seemingly cheap wheels which come on the Sanctuary/Tranquilty, and the really bad shaking/vibration- even with properly balanced wheels.

THE SOLUTION IS TO USE CENTERING RINGS!!! They gave me a set of four (these are very thin rings which fix/adapt the stock Mercedes Wheel Hub into the exact measurements of the OEM/3rd party wheels we are given. I had a local Wheel/Tire custom shop install them for me once I returned here to Florida. It took just 15 minutes to install them. AND THE OUTCOME/ RIDE IS NOW PERFECT! The van now drives and handles much better, and 75% of the rattling/shaking of the coach at highway speed is now gone, and 95% of the shaky steering wheel issue is gone.

I didn't think to take a photo of the centering rings before the install, sadly. And you do need to know the exact model/dimensions to use for the Sprinter to custom wheel dimensions. The repair techs didn't even have to give it any thought to offer the solution, so I think it's very common. Most likely you can contact Thor Customer service and ask them for the dimensions, or have your dealer specifically order them for you (they can look at the wheel hubs and see if your unit is also missing these centering rings).

I'm so happy to now have nearly everything on the vehicle working well! I've put over 15,000 miles on the Van since August when I purchased it- just 9 months. And I can now start my very long cross-country (East-West) journey knowing that I have Air Conditioning which is very much needed here in Florida or any other hot/humid destination. I can't say enough good things about the folks at Thor. Made it clear that most RV dealer repair techs really don't know what they are doing, nor do they care about actual solutions to common-sense problems.
Old 05-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #37

THOR #24975
Your solution is correct! What a difference it makes to have the rings installed.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #38

Model: tranquility 19P
THOR #26546
Is it possible to tell me what are the rings exactly and should Mercedes put them on or the RV dealer or a very good tire mechanic?
I'll need those too!
I have the 2022 Thor Tranquility. So I should need the exact some ones as you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your valuable insights and feedback.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #39

THOR #14017
Hello,

Looking at the same vehicle at same dealer. Has your issue been resolved? I sold my last RV due to the Thor quality issues and do not want to go down the same path.

Thanks.

MW
Old 06-20-2022, 05:33 PM   #40

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerner View Post
Hello,

Looking at the same vehicle at same dealer. Has your issue been resolved? I sold my last RV due to the Thor quality issues and do not want to go down the same path.

Thanks.

MW
Purchased my Tranquility 19L in January of this year. And yes, there are quality issues. I watched a video last night on the Winnebago EKKO, and the fit and finish appears to be far better. Giving some serious thought about trading up.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.