Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2022, 07:07 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #14017
Tranquility Issues

Sounds like I'll steer clear of La Mesa Sacramento.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #42

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
I was looking for the reason my 120 V receptacles on my Sanctuary 19P Kitchen Island were not working & that would include all on the Passenger side including the outside ones . They say they are on a GFI protected on the Schematic from Thor , but after tracing the Romex wires , & disassembling half the coach , the sheathing on the GFI connected receptacles is Green in color .

That part will be in another Thread by its self , but look what I found when tracing wires in the Bath rm. . This is supposed to be connected , its for the bath Rm. Sink , so any water used I. the sink , just goes straight to the floor ! Glad I haven't used it much , we just come back from our first camping shake down last weekend & didn't use it , but I did when purging air from the system a moth ago .

I will finish what the assembly line forgot , not waiting for GRV , they forgot or missed a Nipple glued to the PVC "T" to connect the Hub Coupling to from a Back flow preventer attached to the Sink drain .I also added photos of the BFP & its Hub Couple.

I did find the GFI & all the receptacles are working & will post many photos of places you have not been .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing connection.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	38367   Click image for larger version

Name:	hub couple  & connections.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	38368  

Click image for larger version

Name:	hub couple & back flow preventer.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	38369   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv back flow preventer.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	38370  

Old 06-29-2022, 12:33 PM   #43

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I had similar bathroom sink drain issue. PVC was connected, just not glued. You may also want to check your faucet connections to the counters. Mine were loose enough that the rubber seal didn’t seal and allowed spilled water to run under into the cabinet.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:57 PM   #44

THOR #25702
Not to caterwaull but seems to be some serious quality control issues with the assembly of these vans. My first RV, so maybe they’re all like that. I kind of doubt it.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:31 PM   #45

THOR #25047
Thor Tranquility/Sanctuary 19P Defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Not to caterwaull but seems to be some serious quality control issues with the assembly of these vans. My first RV, so maybe they’re all like that. I kind of doubt it.

I have a neighbor that works RV service in San Diego, he sees it in all models. Not just Thor
Old 06-29-2022, 11:35 PM   #46
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
There is no published quality standard so there can be no quality control.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:39 AM   #47

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
There is no published quality standard so there can be no quality control.
I went to work in construction right out of high school, ended up a framing contractor . I've seen some work that the building department passed that was an embarrassment to the trade. I've also seen some framing that was so beautiful , it was a shame to cover it up. It all came down to the pride, and integrity of the guys doing the work. Apparently that seems to be missing in the RV industry. Just from a warranty standpoint it would seem an in house quality control guy would pay for itself.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:46 AM   #48

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
We are quite happy with our RV , this stuff happens , now that I have looked in just about every compartment in the Coach & checked just about every fitting or connection , I have a better idea of where components are .

To me it looks like the Bath unit was pre assembled & installed before this was to be connected , if there was a 1 1/2" Nipple on that "T", all they would have had to do was connect the Hub coupling & tighten it . It's all good now & the RV is back together .

& I photo'ed everything .
Old 07-22-2022, 04:18 PM   #49

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Ontario
THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I have been pretty open about my experiences with my Sanctuary as I have created a number of videos showcasing the issues I have had and how I have fixed them ... along with other modification to make it better. Like most people, I purchased because of the diesel Mercedes 4X4 platform ... knowing I would face some build quality issues.

My advice, make sure you do a though and complete PDI and do not accept the RV until they have fixed all the bigger issues. You have outline a few issues above ... add these to your list as well.

1) Test the awning! These have really weak motors and many have trouble retracting when fully extended. Let the awning fully extend without anyone pushing the button to stop it before it fully extends. Then try to retract it.

2) Make sure you have the awning manual tool ... you will need this when the awning motor gets stuck.

3) Test drive over 65 MPH and feel for shakes ... the rims/tires are know to be defective from the factory

4) Test all water systems and look for leaks. Common areas are within the water pump cabinet and the exterior cassette toilet access area.

5) Do not forget to get the bluetooth speaker ... often missing.

6) Test the vent fan and listen for rubbing

7). The light bar cloth cover is usually damaged in some way

8) test everything ... as if you were camping including the hot water heater, interior heater, and gas stove.

9) do not forget to test the inverter ... the TV outlet is connected to the inverter

10) Run the generator loaded ... AC and microwave on at the same time.
Could you show us how the awning manual tool looks like? And where is it located? I did not find anything where they said it would. Under the passenger seat... Thanks!
Old 07-22-2022, 04:31 PM   #50

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Ontario
THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Ohio winters demand AWD cars; I'll never be without one now... due to the roads (in winter) where we live. But AWD does take the fun out of those parking lot donuts. . But RVs? Different animal... unless you're primarily camping off-road.

But how many 4wd RVs are ever going off road? There's many thousands of Jeeps that never see a rutted dirt road, let alone an RV. Maybe a great advertising scheme... but in reality??
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Balancing the front tires fixed my wobble .
I also had a very annoying vibration after the first week from purchase a 2023 19P. It only showed at 80kmh 50mph. Clearly a balance issue. Went to my favourite tire shop. They asked me if the vibration was at the steering wheel or felt on the seat. Said steering wheel so they balanced the front wheels only. They told me they were quite off. It feels much better now but I will post another update after a few more miles.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:44 PM   #51

THOR #25702
There’s no way the awning tool fits under the seat. It’s about three feet long and looks like an old school skylight crank. When and if you find it and ever have to use it , there’s a bushing that’s has to be forced in that has a extremely rigid spring. I ended up breaking mine when on the first attempt of retracting the awning failed. Once the bushing is depressed it cranks fairly easily. I’d take a picture of the crank , but this forum is difficult to upload a pic. At least for me. Good luck. Get in line ASAP for a new awning motor under warranty. I hear it takes several months. Thule should be subject to a class action suit over this POS
Old 07-22-2022, 07:44 PM   #52

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
Could you show us how the awning manual tool looks like? And where is it located? I did not find anything where they said it would. Under the passenger seat... Thanks!

Ours was in the rear overhead cupboard
Old 08-14-2022, 10:30 PM   #53

THOR #25362
Was curious if anyone has experienced issues with the control touch panel. Mine has started to fail. Upping turning on 12v power, the TP just flashes BM Pro logo every few seconds but never boots
Old 08-14-2022, 11:53 PM   #54

THOR #25702
I had some trouble with mine a while back. Have you linked it to your iPhone? With my control panel froze up I switched over and use the iPhone. Whatever happened after that I am not sure, but it seem to work fine.
Old 08-15-2022, 04:31 AM   #55

THOR #25362
Quote:
I had some trouble with mine a while back. Have you linked it to your iPhone? With my control panel froze up I switched over and use the iPhone. Whatever happened after that I am not sure, but it seem to work fine.
I previously linked it to an android phone but got a new iphone a few months ago and haven't bothered to download app and link it. Was working fine a couple weeks ago when last used but now it just keeps flashing the logo screen like its just keeps rebooting.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:04 AM   #56

THOR #25702
Have you contacted the Thor tech line ? I wouldn't waste your time on the weekend, but during the week they might give you some insight. My experience is about 50-50 whether or not they're able to help. If not , possibly hand you off to someone who can. Good Luck.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:33 AM   #57

THOR #25362
Quote:
Have you contacted the Thor tech line ? I wouldn't waste your time on the weekend, but during the week they might give you some insight. My experience is about 50-50 whether or not they're able to help. If not , possibly hand you off to someone who can. Good Luck.
I havent yet. I just discovered it today. I still need to schedule a service trip with dealer for some outstanding items and I suppose add this to the llist.

Thanks for input
Old 08-15-2022, 05:41 AM   #58

THOR #25047
Thor Tranquility/Sanctuary 19P Defects

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFeetz View Post
I havent yet. I just discovered it today. I still need to schedule a service trip with dealer for some outstanding items and I suppose add this to the llist.

Thanks for input

If you search the forums for “BM Pro” there are a few past posts explaining how to reset.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:59 PM   #59

Model: Sanctuary 19L
State: Michigan
THOR #24335
I had the same issue with mine. Followed the reset instructions and did not work the exact way it said. I found once in the boot menu, choose the option "Delete temporary files". That was the only way I could get it to actually boot. Once that was complete, I went into the Android store and downloaded the BMPro app. There is a Thor version so look for that.
Old 09-21-2022, 04:52 AM   #60

THOR #25702
Quote:
Purchased my Tranquility 19L in January of this year. And yes, there are quality issues. I watched a video last night on the Winnebago EKKO, and the fit and finish appears to be far better. Giving some serious thought about trading up.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.
I pulled the trigger and bought myself a Winnebago Ekko. Got rid of the Tranquility and never looked back. While I thoroughly enjoyed the Sprinter chassis, my experience with the house build was somewhat disappointing . I received some great advice on a few of the issues on this site.
Happy Trails, RS