Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #25702
Got rid of the Tranquility and purchased the Ekko. Hard to believe the contrast in materials and workmanship between these two vans. Hate to say it, but never again with Thor.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:49 AM   #62

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Got rid of the Tranquility and purchased the Ekko. Hard to believe the contrast in materials and workmanship between these two vans. Hate to say it, but never again with Thor.

Good to make yourself happy. We’ve had our Tranquility 1 year and could not be happier with it. Sure it had a few minor issues but the dealer and Thor have repaired everything. If I had do it all over I would not hesitate to buy it again. Enjoy your new rig!
Old 09-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #63

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
And you paid for the extra workmanship , I just hope you don't have any issues with your new RV.

I think a lot of these issues were from the Pandemic builds , where there was so much disruption of the qualified work force & the fast rise in RV sales .
Old 09-25-2022, 01:47 PM   #64

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
And you paid for the extra workmanship , I just hope you don't have any issues with your new RV.

I think a lot of these issues were from the Pandemic builds , where there was so much disruption of the qualified work force & the fast rise in RV sales .
And I’m definitely not saying the new van is perfect or without flaws. I think if Thor just tried a little harder their product would be right there with Winnebago.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:27 PM   #65

THOR #26179
On our 2022 Sanctuary ,I noticed one of my upper cabinet doors when closing , closed Ok , but when it closes ( auto closing when it gets to a point ) that it raised up an inch . No others are doing this , but all the hinges have the same issue & thats not enough reinforcement for the type of hinges they used for them .

It was mentioned before from someone on this forum ,The Hinge was flexing so much on the two screws fastening it to the Cabinet frame , should have four , but nothing there to screw into , so what I did was look for some Aluminum square Tubing around 1/2" square ,found some 3/4" but wasn't sure if I could fit it between the hinge & the frame work of the Cabinet , so I picked up some Aluminum Channel 3/8'x1/2" to fasten to the upper part of the Cabinet to reinforce it .

I would still like to get some 1/2" or 3/4' square , not sure how it would fit because there are screw heads that secure the Cabinet to the RV frame & the Channel I mounted with the Channel up toward the Screw heads , but it looks like there is room for a full square tubing .( I used a Angle drill driver to attach the Channel , not much room in there , but the wood or material that is used to screw into ), one could probably screw in by hand , I pre drilled the holes for the attaching Screws , cut the Channel for the full length of the Cabinet & attached it , used self tapping sheet metal screws to attach the back two screws in the Hinge to the Aluminum Channel & the door works correctly closing & no flexing of any of the Hinges .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet hinge1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	39769   Click image for larger version

Name:	cabunet hinge 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	39770  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet hing 3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	39771   Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet hing channel.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	39772  

Old 10-17-2022, 12:40 PM   #66

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I have had a number of issues with my Sanctuary as well but I have repaired them and really enjoy using it. I agree that with a little more quality control, Thor could easily be a top brand but they keep shooting themselves in the foot with the poor factory quality. I have toured the Ekko as well and think that is a great option as it seems that Winnebago is finally starting to look at some of the EU design elements and incorporating them into the US ... Just hope more companies follow this lead.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:46 PM   #67

State: Louisiana
THOR #26495
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Coast View Post
Considering purchasing a 19P. In reviewing the various videos and posts (here and facebook) I came up with a list of defects that are present on the van when its delivered from the factory to the dealer.

Please add missing items to my list. If any of these defects have been corrected by the factory, it would be nice to know.

Thanks!

Thor Sanctuary/Tranquility 19P Defects

Door Screens do not roll up (no zipper/magnet issues).

Sliding door interior panel falls off

Sliding door - does not open from the inside

Floor penetrations not sealed (19P)

Water leaks, poor workmanship in cabinet below refrigerator (19P)

Bathroom doors - do not close properly (19P)

Electrical - breakers trip

Window Sliders - need lubrication

Exterior light bar - loose needs tightening
This is something that I recently became aware of and this pertains to Thor class B units pretty much across the board of recent vintage (2022, 2023) Tellaro, Tranquility, Rize and others equipped with the Thule awning. The awning can become stuck in the "out" position with it becoming unresponsive to commands from the touch panel. Usually accompanied by a "motors are unavailable because they are in use by another user" message on the BM Pro board when trying to retract. Apparently, there was a batch of these units that left the factory with the wrong Thule awning control module.
Old 10-31-2022, 05:58 PM   #68

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Ontario
THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
I also had a very annoying vibration after the first week from purchase a 2023 19P. It only showed at 80kmh 50mph. Clearly a balance issue. Went to my favourite tire shop. They asked me if the vibration was at the steering wheel or felt on the seat. Said steering wheel so they balanced the front wheels only. They told me they were quite off. It feels much better now but I will post another update after a few more miles.
Just to follow up on this. We drove 4000 more miles and the issue apperars to have disappeared.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:02 PM   #69

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
Just to follow up on this. We drove 4000 more miles and the issue apperars to have disappeared.
If the vibration went away after balancing your fortunate. Thor chose to put cheap inferior quality wheels on these rigs because they look " rugged ". Honestly I believe they would have made a better choice leaving the stock Mercedes wheels in place. I swapped mine out for a set of Method Wheels and made the van drive 100% better.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:13 PM   #70

State: Washington
THOR #27898
Major reliable system failure

[
I had issues similar as the ones listed below but mine have been with a very unreliable reliable energy system.
3 different service centers and four visits since buying van in may if 2022.
They still can’t get the 2nd alternator to charge the system without the system failing within hours. Therefor the rv can’t be used as intended. Comfortable boondocking is limited. Could have saved a shit load of money living in a subaru.

QUOTE=RSKDSK;326870]I have been pretty open about my experiences with my Sanctuary as I have created a number of videos showcasing the issues I have had and how I have fixed them ... along with other modification to make it better. Like most people, I purchased because of the diesel Mercedes 4X4 platform ... knowing I would face some build quality issues.

My advice, make sure you do a though and complete PDI and do not accept the RV until they have fixed all the bigger issues. You have outline a few issues above ... add these to your list as well.

1) Test the awning! These have really weak motors and many have trouble retracting when fully extended. Let the awning fully extend without anyone pushing the button to stop it before it fully extends. Then try to retract it.

2) Make sure you have the awning manual tool ... you will need this when the awning motor gets stuck.

3) Test drive over 65 MPH and feel for shakes ... the rims/tires are know to be defective from the factory

4) Test all water systems and look for leaks. Common areas are within the water pump cabinet and the exterior cassette toilet access area.

5) Do not forget to get the bluetooth speaker ... often missing.

6) Test the vent fan and listen for rubbing

7). The light bar cloth cover is usually damaged in some way

8) test everything ... as if you were camping including the hot water heater, interior heater, and gas stove.

9) do not forget to test the inverter ... the TV outlet is connected to the inverter

10) Run the generator loaded ... AC and microwave on at the same time.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-28-2023, 01:04 AM   #71

THOR #26179
New one to add to a list , the small sliding type window leaking around the seal & dripping into the sliding channel & down the inside of the wall covering or the outside of it . One you will probably see , the other , maybe not .

I had a leak in two places & in one leak on the back passenger side , luck made it stop & I didn't even know it , the retractable screen fell off the window on a hot day & the back Drivers side followed soon after , but I noticed the back was not leaking any more for some reason , now come to this week ,I have been finding water on the step going into the sliding door after rains , so a couple weeks ago I went into the RV while it was a down pour & sure enough that little window was leaking onto the sliding rail & down the door covering & onto the step .

The more I worked on it & looking on the Net to see any similar problems , not much at all ,I started looking at how that Screen was inter acting with the sliding window & it looked like that attachment was interfering with the window closure , even disconnected , it still leaked , now last weekend on a hot day , late in the day so it had Sun on that window for a while & I got a plastic tool in-between the window & Screen holder & slowly payed the Holder away from the window , once it started it came right off , I was still freaked out about prying a little on that window , but it worked .

Now come to today & a good rain storm & the step area is bone dry !
Old 05-02-2023, 10:57 AM   #72

THOR #26179
Well that didn't last long , got a bigger rain storm from the north west & it was wet again . I emailed the company( Fresco windows ) for some info , have not heard back yet .