Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Today’s Tellaro/Sequence Correction

We are absolutely loving our Thor Tellaro, but the attention to detail and fit and finish on many things is just not where I think it should be.

Today we tackled the sliding door panel separating issue. I wish I took before pictures but I am sure most of you know what I am talking about.

Thor screwed in fasteners at 3 locations, the remaining were automotive plug style lugs that they attempted to glue to the rear of the panel and connect to the corresponding holes in the door. The problem is this glue doesn’t hold and the panel pops away from the fastener attached to the door.

Today I removed the panel and all of the plastic plugs from the door. I then put the plugs in a vise and carefully drilled a small hole in the center of them.

I then drilled from the rear of the panel through the cardboard and foam until the drill bit touched the vinyl cover, being careful not to go all the way through. Each location you need to drill is marked with a little white dot. I guess this is so Thor knows where to glue the plastic fasteners.

I then took a small needle and pushed it from the rear through the hole I drilled and the vinyl and marked its location with a sharpie.

With the locations marked I used Dura Snap Upholstery buttons and screwed through the panel into the fasteners that I pre-drilled. I held onto the fastener with some leather work gloves and tightened them in place.

Once I had attached them all it was pretty simple to line it back up on the door and attach it.

Mine was warped so bad the insulation was falling out and the panel would get wet and dirty from the outside of the van whenever the door opened.

The finished panel looks great, all though the color of the upholstery buttons I bought was slightly off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	31829Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1489.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	31830Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1491.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	31831

Old 07-04-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Great job!!
Old 07-08-2021, 04:32 PM   #3

State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Sliding Door Panel Seperation

Just got back from our first trip and noticed the panel on my Thor Sequence was coming off just like yours. Thanks for the info on your repair as it will help me on mine. Always remember THOR=This Has Ongoing Repairs.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLee View Post
Always remember THOR=This Has Ongoing Repairs.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #5

State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Panel Fasteners

Hello OldSheepDog,
Looking for some info please. I pulled my panel and found it was secured in four corners with upholstery buttons and screws. All but two of the panel retainer clips had separated from the panel so it was bulging out in middle. Looking at the color of the four upholstery buttons they appear to be a perfect match to the vinyl covering the panel. Can you share what color you chose that is slightly off? I see a number of colors but not sure if any will match the ones Thor used as they might be custom made. Did you reuse all the panel retainer clips? Many of mine are damaged so not sure I can reuse them. Have been looking for replacements but looks like only available online. This is turning into a bigger job than I had expected but guess that is the norm for RV repairs.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #6

Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLee View Post
Hello OldSheepDog,

Looking for some info please. I pulled my panel and found it was secured in four corners with upholstery buttons and screws. All but two of the panel retainer clips had separated from the panel so it was bulging out in middle. Looking at the color of the four upholstery buttons they appear to be a perfect match to the vinyl covering the panel. Can you share what color you chose that is slightly off? I see a number of colors but not sure if any will match the ones Thor used as they might be custom made. Did you reuse all the panel retainer clips? Many of mine are damaged so not sure I can reuse them. Have been looking for replacements but looks like only available online. This is turning into a bigger job than I had expected but guess that is the norm for RV repairs.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff this is the Amazon link to the ones I purchased. They have several colors, so if you can’t find a exact match you can do something contrasting. You’re lucky yours had 4 attached via screws mine only had 3.

Set Of 12 Dura Snap Upholstery Buttons Parchment Vinyl (#30-3/4" Diameter) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DBZYY...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #7

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I had the same problem and used gorilla epoxy on the tops of the black push holders. It seems to be working as it has held for a few months now. However, my concern is that I may have used to much epoxy ... will the door panel ever come off again if it needs to ... is the question