Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2022, 01:19 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Glad to see the industry is trying to give us a better class B+. If we downsize and no longer have dogs..we would consider

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:26 PM   #22

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Glad to see the industry is trying to give us a better class B+. If we downsize and no longer have dogs..we would consider

Amazing what role they play in our lives and the sacrifices we make for them. We lost Blondie 2 years ago (she was five) to leukemia. Bugsie (85 pounds) is still with us at nearly 14 years old. She recently was diagnosed with CHF, has a bad knee, tires very easily and can't go up the steps to MH anymore. I can lift her in but it's too much to deal with for a 3-4 week trip so our long-range trips are on hold. They were one of the biggest reasons we bought such a huge MH. I do not look forward to life without her...but...if I outlast her, we will be downsizing to something I can drive and park nearly anywhere. It will open up so many more opportunities. I would need to hurry and make that deal....before I ran out and got another lab.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Amazing what role they play in our lives and the sacrifices we make for them. We lost Blondie 2 years ago (she was five) to leukemia. Bugsie (85 pounds) is still with us at nearly 14 years old. She recently was diagnosed with CHF, has a bad knee, tires very easily and can't go up the steps to MH anymore. I can lift her in but it's too much to deal with for a 3-4 week trip so our long-range trips are on hold. They were one of the biggest reasons we bought such a huge MH. I do not look forward to life without her...but...if I outlast her, we will be downsizing to something I can drive and park nearly anywhere. It will open up so many more opportunities. I would need to hurry and make that deal....before I ran out and got another lab.
Sorry 2 hear. We have put many dogs Goldens to rest
Current 2. 13 years and 9 years still going strong.
We try to walk 2 miles a few days a week and tennis ball throwing.

Lora does not want to be without dogs. If these go I say downsize go anywhere no dogs
.we will see

Only reason we went single slide out was for Ele & Torben
Old 07-16-2022, 10:10 PM   #24

State: Idaho
THOR #26647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Cool! I might could get interested in that as a downsize from my 30ft Class A. Are they all AWD? Seems like a feature I’d not need.
If you're into winter sports and want to use your little RV as a mobile ski chalet, all-wheel drive would be a desirable option, but then the tiny propane tank wouldn't work so well for keeping the coach heated for a weekend on the slopes.

Thor HAD a Mercedes Sprinter Class C Citation with a similar rear twin bed floor plan and a real dinette with a real table in a slide-out up front. Don't know why they discontinued that one. IMHO, a much better arrangement.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:25 PM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDoc View Post
If you're into winter sports and want to use your little RV as a mobile ski chalet, all-wheel drive would be a desirable option, but then the tiny propane tank wouldn't work so well for keeping the coach heated for a weekend on the slopes.

Thor HAD a Mercedes Sprinter Class C Citation with a similar rear twin bed floor plan and a real dinette with a real table in a slide-out up front. Don't know why they discontinued that one. IMHO, a much better arrangement.
Simple. Thor builds what the dealers can sell not what individuals want.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:24 PM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDoc View Post

A different video review referred to propane tank as “tiny”, but specs show it as 12.2 gallons (not pounds), which makes it the same size as on larger Tiffin Wayfarer Class Cs (B+), and roughly the same size as on Axis/Vegas and smaller Class Cs (actually larger than some Cs). At 80% that’s about 40 pounds of propane.

https://youtu.be/W1k2XO420Io

Based on furnace rating, I would expect tank to last at least a couple of days as long as too much propane wasn’t used for cooking or long showers. I have to admit I’m not into winter camping, so this is more of a question or comment.

For winter camping the Winnebago EKKO seems a better choice since it was designed specifically for cold temperatures with thicker insulation, dual pane windows, interior piping, etc.
Old 07-17-2022, 02:32 PM   #27

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Simple. Thor builds what the dealers can sell not what individuals want.

To some degree this seems a distinction without a difference.

Dealers can’t sell what individuals don’t want; unless buyers don’t have other realistic choices and are forced into meeting a true need — and in my opinion RVing is more of a want than a need. A motorhome is not like buying food to survive; most of us can get by without an RV.

Since dealers and Thor are in RV business to make money, they will use marketing to get buyers to buy-up to whatever makes them the most profit, but marketing influence over buyers has limitations.

My point is that in the long run manufacturers have to adjust their products to what buyers want and are willing to buy in order to remain competitive — given reasonable cost expectations of course. To me that is the basis of free markets.
Old 07-17-2022, 03:15 PM   #28
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
To some degree this seems a distinction without a difference.

Dealers can’t sell what individuals don’t want; unless buyers don’t have other realistic choices and are forced into meeting a true need — and in my opinion RVing is more of a want than a need. A motorhome is not like buying food to survive; most of us can get by without an RV.

Since dealers and Thor are in RV business to make money, they will use marketing to get buyers to buy-up to whatever makes them the most profit, but marketing influence over buyers has limitations.

My point is that in the long run manufacturers have to adjust their products to what buyers want and are willing to buy in order to remain competitive — given reasonable cost expectations of course. To me that is the basis of free markets.
With discount pricing customers will settle for something other than what they want. Happens everyday.
Old 07-17-2022, 04:24 PM   #29

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
With discount pricing customers will settle for something other than what they want. Happens everyday.
Agree 100%.

Longer term I expect dealers and manufacturers adjust their product mix so they don’t have to discount, and hence maximize profits.

A good example is the downsizing trend that started years ago. I doubt Thor or other large RV conglomerate wanted it to happen, but can’t/won’t continue building volumes of large Class As and Cs if they have to essentially give them away, so will reduce manufacturing volume of those units to meet the demand of the few buyers who still want or can afford them at a higher price resulting in reasonable profit.

I’d hate to be in RV business because demand can change quickly, hence why Thor and others have flexible manufacturing. External forces like higher gas prices, smaller families, wealth distribution, the economy as a whole, concerns over the environment, etc. will affect RV products regardless of how much marketing they throw at less desirable products.

P.S. — I have seen the need for motorhomes like this Tiffin B+ and Winnebago EKKO for many years, to bridge the gap between vans and larger As and Cs, and still don’t understand why no manufacturer has gone after this narrow Euro-style low-profile B+ with bike garage but built on E-350 chassis with V8 in order to provide towing, a flat floor up front, and also lower cost. To me it makes perfect sense, but I’m obviously not seeing their big picture.