Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2022, 02:17 PM   #281

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjbrooks2017@gmail.com View Post
We have the Velcro seats that turn into the bed with the electric fold down couch.
Two critical cushions have Velcro on both sides!? I've sent a request to Thor to swap them out for the "jack-knife" style side seats. Am I wrong to do this?
We have the jack-knife seats and the brackets don't bother us at all. Some people hate them, and I think it has a lot to do with sleeping positions so I think you'd be wise to find a unit with the brackets to try it out first. It's a matter of personal preference so perhaps you can find another owner who would want to swap seats with you.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:54 PM   #282

State: Alabama
THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by rskdsk View Post
as you know, i have reviewed many of thors new products and i have to say that the new side seats make no sense to me. They have velcro on both sides ... How is that better than the jack knife seats? Even the new synergy have the velcro on both sides. I have the jack knife seats and have had no issues with the hinges but if i did, i would just have a thicker blanket under me.
agreed!
Old 04-25-2022, 05:06 AM   #283

Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23742
We have had issues with jacket knife seats since day one , even with a thick pad. I took off the brackets and put a board across the 2 sections and got thicker cushions to make the bed even when in the bed position. We have been trying since day one to get this fixed. The RV is in the shop and we are hoping for Thor to replace the cushions on the large seat to make them 2 inches higher as the ones we replaced on the side seats and put the brackets back on. This should solve the problem.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:34 AM   #284

THOR #22283
My LED Headlight upgrade experience (highbeams, lowbeams, and fog lights)

I upgraded the headlights and fog lights on our Thor Tranquility to LED and am extremely pleased with the results. It's a dramatic improvement over the factory halogen. Below are the parts I used - all ordered through Amazon (you can probably save a few bucks by going through AliExpress but I'm too impatient).
The total of all 3 sets is $123.38 before tax as of this writing.

I really wanted to get all 3 sets from the same manufacturer to insure that the color matched, but I was unable to find anyone that offered both the H7 and H15 so I had to mix and match. However, the colors all match great. I get no errors. All of these have the necessary hardware to avoid flicker or errors.

I tried two other H7/lowbeam options that are fanless but I like the brightness of the ones linked above (16k lumens total).

The H7/lowbeams are easy to install. You might need pliers to pull out the existing bulbs. Make sure that you install the LED bulbs vertical (the led dots should be on the sides -- at 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock). I made the mistake of installing them horizontally based on a YouTube video and the results were terrible - lots of weird flares, etc.. After getting them installed correctly, I drove around our neighborhood a bit to make sure nobody flashed their lights at me. I passed 5 cars and no flashes, so I'm confident that they aren't too bright.

The H15/highbeams are even easier to install. Twist out old ones and twist in new ones.

The H11/fog lights were a little harder to install -- The driver's side bulb is easily accessible from under the van. Simple remove and replace. However, the passenger side is not accessible from underneath/behind, so you have to remove the front cover and a screw (T20 screwdriver). Be careful that you don't break a tab when carefully prying the cover off. There are some good videos on YouTube to assist.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tranquility-headlight.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	37103  
Old 04-25-2022, 11:13 AM   #285

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #22773
OK, I'm game. I have been researching LED bulbs as well just have no pulled the trigger as it seems like a lot of the conversion bulbs blind other drivers. I'll give them a try, and then post my thoughts. Thanks for the tip.

BTW the links above did not work for me, but I did end up finding them here:

https://amzn.to/39ftffD
https://amzn.to/3xRubkK
https://amzn.to/3vcqIex
Old 04-26-2022, 06:11 AM   #286

THOR #25702
Hi, Im considering getting a generator , 3500 watt with an inverter dual fuel to supplement the Lithium Reliable system on my 2022 Tranquility 19L mainly for when I need the a/c this summer boondocking. Thor tech says to just run the van and the alternator will keep up with the charge. I have no doubt that is true, Mercedrs says that idling for even as little as two hours is not good for the van. Mainly the DPF system. Anyone supplement the system with a generator? Thanks RS
Old 04-26-2022, 06:44 AM   #287

THOR #22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
OK, I'm game. I have been researching LED bulbs as well just have no pulled the trigger as it seems like a lot of the conversion bulbs blind other drivers. I'll give them a try, and then post my thoughts. Thanks for the tip.

BTW the links above did not work for me, but I did end up finding them here:

https://amzn.to/39ftffD
https://amzn.to/3xRubkK
https://amzn.to/3vcqIex
The links work fine. You simply replaced my pure Amazon links with associate links so you can make a few bucks on purchases. Not cool
Old 04-26-2022, 04:12 PM   #288

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Hi, Im considering getting a generator , 3500 watt with an inverter dual fuel to supplement the Lithium Reliable system on my 2022 Tranquility 19L mainly for when I need the a/c this summer boondocking. Thor tech says to just run the van and the alternator will keep up with the charge. I have no doubt that is true, Mercedrs says that idling for even as little as two hours is not good for the van. Mainly the DPF system. Anyone supplement the system with a generator? Thanks RS
On my recent trip South where I spent a couple weeks in Florida I found the Lithium system insufficient to run the A/C for more than a very few hours unless supplemented by shore power or while running the engine. I'm not sure if it is due to the insulation not being very good, but I also found that the system can't overcome the heat load on a hot sunny day. There were times where I had the coach A/C running in combination with the cab A/C. That helped since the coach area stayed cooler while moving and there was less heat load to overcome when parked.

What's your plan, permanent mounting somewhere on the van or just carrying it around with you? Back when I thought I would be keeping the van, I considered mounting a generator under the floor where the lithium battery is located and moving the battery to inside the back of the van.

Are going to just use it as a backup to charge the battery or plug it in as a shore power source? In the latter instance I'd be concerned about how long the propane supply would last, however, you could carry a 20 pound LP bottle as a supplement fuel supply Have you considered a diesel generator? You could then tap into the van's fuel system.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:42 PM   #289

THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCRUISER View Post
On my recent trip South where I spent a couple weeks in Florida I found the Lithium system insufficient to run the A/C for more than a very few hours unless supplemented by shore power or while running the engine. I'm not sure if it is due to the insulation not being very good, but I also found that the system can't overcome the heat load on a hot sunny day. There were times where I had the coach A/C running in combination with the cab A/C. That helped since the coach area stayed cooler while moving and there was less heat load to overcome when parked.

What's your plan, permanent mounting somewhere on the van or just carrying it around with you? Back when I thought I would be keeping the van, I considered mounting a generator under the floor where the lithium battery is located and moving the battery to inside the back of the van.

Are going to just use it as a backup to charge the battery or plug it in as a shore power source? In the latter instance I'd be concerned about how long the propane supply would last, however, you could carry a 20 pound LP bottle as a supplement fuel supply Have you considered a diesel generator? You could then tap into the van's fuel system.
Thanks for the info. Considering a Champion dual fuel 3500 to plug into shore power inlet. Since we haul ebikes it becomes challenging to find a spot for the generator. Thought maybe converting the useless Thule bike rack, but it maxs out @ 75#. Generator is 100# + -. Probably wonít need the a/c a lot off grid, but at least Iíll have it. Sounds like your selling? Might I ask why?
Old 04-26-2022, 05:33 PM   #290

THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw5815 View Post
The links work fine. You simply replaced my pure Amazon links with associate links so you can make a few bucks on purchases. Not cool

I have literally spent weeks on end documenting repairs and upgrades and posting on this forum with no expectation of receiving a penny and you think I added amazon links to capture pennies .. seriously? The links did not work when I tried them, but seems to have been corrected now ... feel free to delete my post.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:26 PM   #291

THOR #25796
Quote:
I have literally spent weeks on end documenting repairs and upgrades and posting on this forum with no expectation of receiving a penny and you think I added amazon links to capture pennies .. seriously? The links did not work when I tried them, but seems to have been corrected now ... feel free to delete my post.
I'm a big fan of your work. I've found your posts and especially your YouTube videos very helpful.

I don't think another user can delete your posts, only a Moderator.

I'm not taking any sides here. That said, I think its better if any user has an issue with another user that they not jump to conclusions and just PM the other and work it out rather than air it out on the forum.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:28 PM   #292

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Thanks for the info. Considering a Champion dual fuel 3500 to plug into shore power inlet. Since we haul ebikes it becomes challenging to find a spot for the generator. Thought maybe converting the useless Thule bike rack, but it maxs out @ 75#. Generator is 100# + -. Probably won’t need the a/c a lot off grid, but at least I’ll have it. Sounds like your selling? Might I ask why?
How are you hauling the eBikes? There's some swing away hitch carriers that could probably be modified to carry a generator and allow fairly access to the rear doors. There are also door mounted storage options out there, although they are pricey. You could install a front receiver hitch and carry the generator in front of the bumper in a storage box.

I have 90 posts since buying our van in mid January. If you scroll back to the beginning of this thread and work your way to the present time and reviewing my posts along the way you will find that most of those are in this thread and are related to problems I have had with the van since the day of delivery.

I have spent literally hours and days on end trying to resolve problems. That includes email messages and phone calls to THOR representatives, the dealer and their titleing agent.

We were planning on taking a cross country tour but that was thwarted by 3 problems:

1) The van is electronically unreliable and we found we couldn't depend on support from Mercedes. (It also doesn't help that it's very expensive to maintain and that is a fuel guzzler with diesel in the $5/gallon and higher range.)

2) There are problems with the coach due to the initial build quality by Thor and the unreliable electrical/electronic systems installed.

3) The dealer, Campers Inn of Toms River NJ and its title agent OPUS, were not able to provide the correct paperwork and pay the correct title fee for us to obtain a title and register the vehicle permanently in a timely manner. We ran on two! 30 day temp plates from NJ and a 20 day temp plate from NH at which time we were forced to drive back to NH from Florida in order to complete the title work which we paid to have done by the dealer's agent, OPUS.

Right now I'm still trying to track down why the Lithium coach battery won't charge quickly off shore power. It should easily charge in a few hours and after a full week didn't fully charge. It will charge off the alternator, but that doesn't do me much good while parked in the driveway unless I go out and start it and run it for an hour or two every few days. The solar array isn't sufficient to charge the battery fully in a climate like mine, most of the time it won't even keep up with the standby load drains.

Yep, going to sell it when I have the charging issue resolved and lose $25 grand after only 5K miles . Going to cut my losses and run.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:39 PM   #293

THOR #25047
Quote:
How are you hauling the eBikes? There's some swing away hitch carriers that could probably be modified to carry a generator and allow fairly access to the rear doors. There are also door mounted storage options out there, although they are pricey. You could install a front receiver hitch and carry the generator in front of the bumper in a storage box.

I have 90 posts since buying our van in mid January. If you scroll back to the beginning of this thread and work your way to the present time and reviewing my posts along the way you will find that most of those are in this thread and are related to problems I have had with the van since the day of delivery.

I have spent literally hours and days on end trying to resolve problems. That includes email messages and phone calls to THOR representatives, the dealer and their titleing agent.

We were planning on taking a cross country tour but that was thwarted by 3 problems:

1) The van is electronically unreliable and we found we couldn't depend on support from Mercedes. (It also doesn't help that it's very expensive to maintain and that is a fuel guzzler with diesel in the $5/gallon and higher range.)

2) There are problems with the coach due to the initial build quality by Thor and the unreliable electrical/electronic systems installed.

3) The dealer, Campers Inn of Toms River NJ and its title agent OPUS, were not able to provide the correct paperwork and pay the correct title fee for us to obtain a title and register the vehicle permanently in a timely manner. We ran on two! 30 day temp plates from NJ and a 20 day temp plate from NH at which time we were forced to drive back to NH from Florida in order to complete the title work which we paid to have done by the dealer's agent, OPUS.

Right now I'm still trying to track down why the Lithium coach battery won't charge quickly off shore power. It should easily charge in a few hours and after a full week didn't fully charge. It will charge off the alternator, but that doesn't do me much good while parked in the driveway unless I go out and start it and run it for an hour or two every few days. The solar array isn't sufficient to charge the battery fully in a climate like mine, most of the time it won't even keep up with the standby load drains.

Yep, going to sell it when I have the charging issue resolved and lose $25 grand after only 5K miles . Going to cut my losses and run.

Wow! I would probably cut my loses also. Weíve had our Tranquility since Sept. While there has been a few cosmetic issues thatís taking way too long to fix, we have not had the problems you post about. Thankfully, overall we love it. We average above 15 mpg so thatís pretty darn good even at over $6 here in California
Old 04-27-2022, 12:02 AM   #294

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamccormick View Post
Wow! I would probably cut my loses also. Weíve had our Tranquility since Sept. While there has been a few cosmetic issues thatís taking way too long to fix, we have not had the problems you post about. Thankfully, overall we love it. We average above 15 mpg so thatís pretty darn good even at over $6 here in California

I'm happy for you! Wish I could be as happy for us
Old 04-27-2022, 01:02 AM   #295

THOR #22283
Quote:
Sorry about that. I've seen this done so many times in other forums -- someone takes clean links and tries to make a buck on them. When I saw your links were associate links, I assumed. My mistake. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2022, 01:50 AM   #296

THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw5815 View Post
Sorry about that. I've seen this done so many times in other forums -- someone takes clean links and tries to make a buck on them. When I saw your links were associate links, I assumed. My mistake. Thanks!
NP, I can see how it could happen. I am really not interested in making money ... but I am interested in seeing if these work well on my sprinter van as the halogen are pretty bad ... I'll let you know this weekend.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:38 AM   #297

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Quote:

Sorry to hear of your issues, hope what ever you do works out for ya . I have a question though .
Do you shut down the Inverter & the DC master switch when parked in your Drive way ( when not needed )?
The Solar Panel will not keep up with A/C usage in any way , Not sure what you keep running when in the driveway . The Shore power should have no problem charging the LI Battery Pak . in a timely manor , these LI battery systems are fairly new in the RV world & finding an RV dealer with any experience with them is going to be hard to find .

Check to make sure you Shore power is with in spec's , you would be surprised at how they can have bad connection in the Plug , Cord or connection in you homes Breaker can hinder charging & you stating no charging in a week , sounds like its not powering up the system or there is an issue with the Inverter . (I just got my Sanctuary a month or so ago & not memorized the names of the manufacturers of the systems as of yet, I have to look them up ). I believe the Shore power goes through the Inverter/converter , so contacting them may be of some help. There is also a switching relay for shore power & it may not be changing over .You probably need a good electrician/Electronics to check the system(s).

I'm contacting Thor today to get a Electrical & Plumbing schematic's for my own use , I'm told they are helpful suppling them .
Old 04-27-2022, 02:53 PM   #298

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Sorry to hear of your issues, hope what ever you do works out for ya . I have a question though .
Do you shut down the Inverter & the DC master switch when parked in your Drive way ( when not needed )?
The Solar Panel will not keep up with A/C usage in any way , Not sure what you keep running when in the driveway . The Shore power should have no problem charging the LI Battery Pak . in a timely manor , these LI battery systems are fairly new in the RV world & finding an RV dealer with any experience with them is going to be hard to find .

Check to make sure you Shore power is with in spec's , you would be surprised at how they can have bad connection in the Plug , Cord or connection in you homes Breaker can hinder charging & you stating no charging in a week , sounds like its not powering up the system or there is an issue with the Inverter . (I just got my Sanctuary a month or so ago & not memorized the names of the manufacturers of the systems as of yet, I have to look them up ). I believe the Shore power goes through the Inverter/converter , so contacting them may be of some help. There is also a switching relay for shore power & it may not be changing over .You probably need a good electrician/Electronics to check the system(s).

I'm contacting Thor today to get a Electrical & Plumbing schematic's for my own use , I'm told they are helpful suppling them .
Thanks for your input!

I have the Invertor switched to off. There is nothing on that is 110 V. When I plug in the shore power I'm getting power into the van circuits because I can power up both the TV and microwave from it with the invertor off. I can also hear a relay close in the back of the van when I plug in shore power that is followed by a beep.

Currently it is cloudy and the solar reading is 1.2 A.

DC Master switch on Mastervolt reads 0 A
DC Master switch off and Mastervolt reads .6 A

DC Master switch on & shore power connected the Mastervolt reads 1.8 A
DC Master switch off & shore power connected the Mastervolt reads 2.3 A

Can you or anyone else tell me what you have for readings in the same circumstances? (I don't think the readings I'm getting on the MasterVolt are affected much by solar input, but maybe I'm wrong.) Either way, they seem very low.

When I first got the van the shore power charged it properly. Back then the problem was that it wasn't charging the Lithium off the alternator. I subsequently discovered that the connection to the alternator was loose. I suspect that there may be a loose connection at the Inverter / Converter, I certainly hope that the I/C hasn't failed. I just haven't had time to pull things apart and trace all the wiring.

The nearest Sanctuary dealer is in NJ (350 miles) where I bought it and I'm certainly not taking it to them both because of the distance and my experience with them. I knew more about the van than they did when i bought it. I'm not sure if there's a THOR dealer closer that is qualified to due diagnosis and warranty repairs, I'm going to have to call to find out.

I'll try to PM you a copy of the wiring diagram. THOR emailed it to me when trying to help diagnose why the alternator wasn't charging the Lithium.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:04 PM   #299

THOR #25796
Couldn't figure out to attach the diagram for you, sorry.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:27 PM   #300

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
I would still make sure your receiving 115 volts power supply from shore power to the RV . I'll go out & connect my Shore power to see what is shown , with & with out . Thing is mine is at 100% or 99% all the time & I just drove to the Bank & with everything off the Solar keeps it that way , of course I do live in the sunshine state .