Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2022, 12:52 AM   #441

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamccormick View Post
Maybe obvious question but is the main power off?

Obvious but worth asking. Yes.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:15 AM   #442

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
My Drone LI Batteries are called smart batteries & have an automatic discharge when not in use ,will automatically discharge to a certain % , something about protecting the Battery , wonder if the LI batteries in the RV have the same discharge feature .

Having the Inverter on will also use Battery voltage , even if not needed for power distribution .
Old 08-08-2022, 06:46 PM   #443

THOR #25796
Inverter was on again.

I'm not sure how this keeps happening as I haven't used the van since March. I turn it off and it seems to reset itself back to on every once in while and then the battery goes to the alarm state and then to 0 volts.

Why doesn't it also turn off with the main power switch anyway? The inference would be that is is the main power switch and would shut off all power in the coach which obviously isn't the case.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:49 PM   #444

THOR #25796
Towing

Has anyone towed anything at the limit which would be about 3500 pounds? I'm not interested in experiences with lighter loads, just those of you who that may have towed at the recommended GCVW.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:06 PM   #445

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCRUISER View Post
Inverter was on again.

I'm not sure how this keeps happening as I haven't used the van since March. I turn it off and it seems to reset itself back to on every once in while and then the battery goes to the alarm state and then to 0 volts.

Why doesn't it also turn off with the main power switch anyway? The inference would be that is is the main power switch and would shut off all power in the coach which obviously isn't the case.
Do you have the Yellow Safety Relay for the LI Battery Pack ?
Old 08-08-2022, 07:16 PM   #446

THOR #25796
Is that the one with the knob on the driver's side of the pack?
Old 08-08-2022, 09:11 PM   #447

State: California
THOR #25047
Quote:
Inverter was on again.

We keep our inverter off unless we need it and always turn main power off when we park it. We’ve never had the inverter reset itself. That’s interesting the main power switch doesn’t shut off the inverter power.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:22 AM   #448

THOR #25796
The main power switch on mine definitely doesn't turn off the Inverter. I have to do that through the BM Pro screen when its working.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:25 AM   #449

THOR #26179
Quote:
The main power switch on mine definitely doesn't turn off the Inverter. I have to do that through the BM Pro screen when its working.
Thats the same as my 2022 Sanctuary .

With the 12V DC main Switch off , the BM panel should not have 12 V power to do anything . Unless yours is wired differently than the Schematic shows . No idea on how the Inverter can be turning itself back on , kinda strange . I included Screen shots of schematics below.

The Battery Safety Relay will Isolate the LI Battery from the System & the Inverter , since all 120 Volt Power is switched internally in the Inverter to SP , with the Inverter off , no 120 V will be available , no Charging of the LI Batteries when Batteries are isolated with BSR also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 V safety RV relay .jpg
Views:	83
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	39076   Click image for larger version

Name:	120 v RV SP system.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	39077  

Old 08-09-2022, 11:22 PM   #450

State: Alaska
THOR #27345
Quote:
Why would my Lithium battery be losing charge while my van is sitting with nothing on?
Curious. Has it been brought back to the dealer? And what did the dealer do?
Old 08-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #451

THOR #26179
I noticed something yesterday , I had forgotten to plug SP back in when I came back from the store the day before & plugged it in yesterday & I always check Battery status once or twice a day, just because & I found that the Transfer switch or the Inverter was locked up or out & I had no 120V power to anything , the Inverter was stuck on SP according to the lights on top of the Inverter , which indicated , SP, Charging & battery status ( three lights for the different Battery status) , even though I had no 120V at all .

I went through a procedure that worked , until yesterday ,( I have had an appointment at GRV to replace the Transfer switch in September ) Yesterday it would not reset the Inverter , I switched everything OFF , including the BSR , & just to see if indeed the yellow BSR isolated the 12 V to the Inverter , because with the three indicator lights were still lit ! Wondering why, I checked Voltages with a Meter & found I still had 12V on both sides of the BSR & it was Open , well if you look at the schematic , even shutting off the main 12V master switch , the Solar panel controller is still suppling 12V to the Inverter & suppling enough 12V to the Inverter to keep those indicator lights lit & that show indicating the Inverter is still switched to SP , even though there is none available.

Not sure if its the bad TS that is in some way keeping the Inverter in SP mode or the Inverter is what's been the issue with my 120V system all along . Took several tries to get the Inverter to reset & shut off & the indicator lights to go out , then. I switched the BSR back on & reset , then switched the 12V master disconnect back on, let everything power back up & the Inverter was where it should be & the only indicator lights lit was the Inverter one , had 120V back , switched SP back on & it switched like it should & 120V was on SP & corresponding Indicator lights were lit & all was OK .

Now I'm really wondering that is both the TS & the Inverter are bad . This has happened off & on since day one on walk through. Most of the time it works fine & this is the first time the system didn't want cooperate in my resetting procedure , probably 3-4 time it has locked the coach out of 120V since I took possession in Feb.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:19 PM   #452

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samyaobt View Post
Curious. Has it been brought back to the dealer? And what did the dealer do?
NO. There are none near me.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:57 PM   #453

THOR #26179
Mine dropped out of 120 volt power supply again yesterday . It switched to SP the day before & everything was fine , went out out checked in the AM to see if batteries charged because I let them get down to 72% & when checking in the Am they were only at 86% , so it must have lost power soon after I switched over to SP . SP charging is pretty quick in charging these batteries , My system is the 400AH with 3000 Inverter .

What I believe is happening , at least to mine is , when TS is switching over its fine , but most likely has a weak Coil on TS & it looses contact with the contacts & since its not enough to close the other set for House Batteries . The Inverter is still showing AC in & Charging , so it will not switch over , at least thats my theory . I also didn't hear the TS switch out of SP when Breaker was opened ( turned off ) at my panel , I can always hear it click when switching . With SP disconnected , I opened the BSR & waited about 20 sec. & turned the BSR on & reset the center & the Inverter started back up & was in Battery mode & had 120V , then turning the SP back on , the TS switched & I had 120V . I think by turning 12V source to the Inverter off , it resets , at least most of the time . LOL

Less then a month for my appointment to replace the TS , to see if thats all thats it is , I hope so ,because I have a camping reservation two weeks after it .
Old 08-17-2022, 07:03 PM   #454

THOR #25796
My relay kicked out. I think that's the main reason odd things happen from time to time. The option to turn the Inverter On or Off on the Mastervolt screen disappeared until I reset the relay.

I still can't figure out why there's a small continuous drain on the battery with the Main Power Switch off. How are you supposed to store it unless you stay hooked up to Shore Power?

The good news is I found a nice young couple to buy it so I have a pending sale. I've resolved the majority of any issues and added the spare tire and carrier so they are getting a better unit than when i bought it.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:28 PM   #455

THOR #25796
Quote:
Not the BM Pro Screen, its on the Mastervolt Screen
Old 10-21-2022, 05:08 PM   #456
KLG

State: Utah
THOR #27028
Draining hot water tank

In the process of winterizing my Sanctuary PT, I can't find any information on draining the hot water tank. Is it only the low point drain on the outside of the van or is there another drain valve inside? I managed to locate the hot water tank bypass valves underneath the screwed on seat cover but I'm not finding much help in the manual or online for this model rv. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2022, 10:42 PM   #457

State: Washington
THOR #28291
I posted a PDF on winterizing the Tranquility 19L earlier this week. Check it out; it should answer your question.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:20 PM   #458
KLG

State: Utah
THOR #27028
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the pressure relief valve shown on your PDF is nowhere to be found near my water heater. I chatted with Thor today and was told that the low point drain is the only drain necessary. I'm not sure I believe that since all instructions I've read say to drain the water tank separately. I did manage to hook an adapter to the intake valve near the water pump and ran antifreeze into all the water lines. Still wondering about the water heater drain though...maybe it's in an inaccessible place? 2021 Sanctuary PT.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:24 AM   #459

State: California
THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the pressure relief valve shown on your PDF is nowhere to be found near my water heater. I chatted with Thor today and was told that the low point drain is the only drain necessary. I'm not sure I believe that since all instructions I've read say to drain the water tank separately. I did manage to hook an adapter to the intake valve near the water pump and ran antifreeze into all the water lines. Still wondering about the water heater drain though...maybe it's in an inaccessible place? 2021 Sanctuary PT.
Wouldn’t be the first time Thor support handed out misinformation
Old 11-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #460

Model: Sanctuary 19L Tenorite Gr
State: Missouri
THOR #28404
We took the Plunge!

I have been following this thread for a while since we had been researching a Tranquility/Sanctuary purchase which we finally did 2 weeks ago, a 2023 19L. I had done quite a bit of research, watching a lot of You Tube (Thanks Ruby) and several websites, we considered our own build, other manufacturer's, (Winnebago Revel, Storyteller...) but as others have said, to get a 4x4 Sprinter Thor seems to have some value. I understood the questionable quality going in, this is not our first RV nor Thor product, traded in a 2019 Thor Vegas, so I expected some quality issues with the build but figured we'd roll the dice. So here we are 2 weeks in with a Sanctuary 19L, had a shakeout/shakedown weekend trip, for a small RV it has a lot going on, Lithium, Solar... 3 digital panels, trying to figure out which operates what but, all in all we feel we did pretty well in the overall initial quality, of course some small things that I was able to correct (magnetic latch on bathroom door off center so it wouldn't keep the door closed while driving) as well as a few others issues and I am sure others will surface in time.

This post is getting too long, I should have started posting a while back and the backstory would already be done, but all in all we are happy so far with our purchase, I do want to post more regarding planned upgrades and other observations and discoveries about the 2023 Sanctuary 19L that we purchased, this is a long introduction but looking forward to participating in the forum.