Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2022, 03:25 AM   #461

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Congrats on your purchase! It seems like you went into this with eyes wide open and are prepared for the "modifications" to come. Look forward to seeing you on the road
Ruby (adventure mom)

Old 11-17-2022, 03:27 AM   #462

THOR #22773
By the way, I just finished up a bed modification of adding 1.5" of foam into the bed cushions ... wow what a difference!
Old 11-20-2022, 01:59 AM   #463

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: British Columbia
THOR #26874
Sanctuary 19L vs 19P

The 19L is much better designed than the 19P. The 19P forces you to take up the bed everytime that you want to use the table. The 19P also wastes space by not allowing you to make use of the driver's and passenger's seat for dining. All that we could get was a 19P and this is our first RV, so we didn't know better.

I now would not go with a Class B with a wet bath. In over seven weeks of a cross-continental and back trip I used the toilet exactly once for anything other than a pee. We never used the shower. A well designed portapotty would have been much better and given us much more useable room and a permanent bed for multi-day stays.

Have they fixed the window problem? Are they still providing defective door screens (with the zipper, which should allow the screen to be rolled up, on the wrong side of the magnetic closures so it can't be rolled up)? They told our dealer that it was not defective, which it clearly is.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:01 AM   #464

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
By the way, I just finished up a bed modification of adding 1.5" of foam into the bed cushions ... wow what a difference!
We have been thinking of a Bed Topper to make it more comfortable , but your idea is interesting , show & tell time . lol
Old 11-22-2022, 12:17 PM   #465

THOR #26179
I just ordered a 3" thick Queen size Infused memory foam Mattress topper for $ 99. from Viscosoft ( short Queen size was not on sale ). $ 100 off with select Toppers using code , slumber22, if anyone is interested . I looked & all the seats cushions have zippers , but us stuffing them of swapping out the foam material looks like it would be too much fun .

Don't like hauling around a rolled up mattress topper , but it will make for a more enjoyable sleep for us .
Old 11-22-2022, 02:12 PM   #466

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
I just ordered a 3" thick Queen size Infused memory foam Mattress topper for $ 99. from Viscosoft ( short Queen size was not on sale ). $ 100 off with select Toppers using code , slumber22, if anyone is interested . I looked & all the seats cushions have zippers , but us stuffing them of swapping out the foam material looks like it would be too much fun .

Don't like hauling around a rolled up mattress topper , but it will make for a more enjoyable sleep for us .

Good sleep makes for a good trip. Hope it makes the difference you are hoping for.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:05 PM   #467

THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Good sleep makes for a good trip. Hope it makes the difference you are hoping for.
Has to be better then just the seat cushions lol
Old 11-28-2022, 02:21 AM   #468

THOR #22773
I am going to try to post a video soon, but in a nut shell, I removed all the seats and added the foam into the existing pockets for the side seats. The rear couch seat needed to have the entire cover removed, but again not too hard.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #469

THOR #26179
Thanks , the 3" Charcoal Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper feels wonderful just laying on it , true test will be an all night sleep on it . Its bulky ,but really not heavy & we rolled it up into a Tube & I have (3) straps we put around it to keep it a Tube shape .It can be rolled up tighter with two people rolling it up , but can be done by one.

The mattress took almost two days to expand all the way & the only photo I took was right after I opened it up & put it down . It filled out nicely when expanded to 3" thick , a couple inches of gap along the sides , but length filled from back doors to the end of the Bed, made up . We will see how it works out in a couple of weeks .

We have two Dogs with us all the time camping, ( one is 90#) so the Back seat is folded down & a Weathertech cover is on it for them . They get to stick their heads out when driving & the rolled up Topper is up against the rear Doors , out of the way .

As far as when the back Seat is back in the upright position & we are going to use the Table , I plan on putting the Topper in the Driver 's area up front , otherwise it can stay up against the back Doors .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	topper.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	40246  
Old 03-06-2023, 03:48 AM   #470

State: Virginia
THOR #29155
Roof rack options

We just purchased a 2023 Sanctuary for cross country trips and
some off-grid adventure motorcycle trips as well. Although the dealer, during the selection process and the delivery orientation, assured us that we could easily install a roof rack, I cannot see how this is possible with all the equipment up there already. Has anyone added one to their rig?

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:49 AM   #471

THOR #29155
Quote:
Thanks , the 3" Charcoal Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper feels wonderful just laying on it , true test will be an all night sleep on it . Its bulky ,but really not heavy & we rolled it up into a Tube & I have (3) straps we put around it to keep it a Tube shape .It can be rolled up tighter with two people rolling it up , but can be done by one.

The mattress took almost two days to expand all the way & the only photo I took was right after I opened it up & put it down . It filled out nicely when expanded to 3" thick , a couple inches of gap along the sides , but length filled from back doors to the end of the Bed, made up . We will see how it works out in a couple of weeks .

We have two Dogs with us all the time camping, ( one is 90#) so the Back seat is folded down & a Weathertech cover is on it for them . They get to stick their heads out when driving & the rolled up Topper is up against the rear Doors , out of the way .

As far as when the back Seat is back in the upright position & we are going to use the Table , I plan on putting the Topper in the Driver 's area up front , otherwise it can stay up against the back Doors .
Can you disclose your source for this? Great idea.
Old 03-06-2023, 05:08 AM   #472

State: California
THOR #25702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwemerys View Post
We just purchased a 2023 Sanctuary for cross country trips and
some off-grid adventure motorcycle trips as well. Although the dealer, during the selection process and the delivery orientation, assured us that we could easily install a roof rack, I cannot see how this is possible with all the equipment up there already. Has anyone added one to their rig?

Thanks.
Based upon my own personal experience with my previous Tranquility, there is little room for anything but the equipment that is installed. Secondly, never believe anything the dealer tells you.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:29 PM   #473

THOR #29155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyray 992 View Post
Based upon my own personal experience with my previous Tranquility, there is little room for anything but the equipment that is installed. Secondly, never believe anything the dealer tells you.
Ha, agreed!
Old 03-10-2023, 12:28 AM   #474

THOR #29155
Wheels and tires

We have a 2023 Sanctuary 4x4 with 16” wheels and Michelin all season tires. I’d like to find a cheap (steel?) spare setup…what are you folks using and where did you purchase? I will likely move to 17” when these have some wear and hopefully still be able to use the same 16” spare. Between the 4x4 and new Vancompass 4.3 suspension, these 16s look like matchbox wheels😎

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:16 AM   #475

THOR #26179
Quote:
Can you disclose your source for this? Great idea.
https://viscosoft.com/pages/best-mattress-toppers
Old 03-16-2023, 08:28 PM   #476

THOR #29155
Quote:
Thanks.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:30 PM   #477

THOR #29155
When we connect to city water at a campsite in our Sanctuary, I presume we should not use our water pump. I’m not sure how we get hot water through our Truma furnace if the water pump is off though. What am I missing?
Old 03-16-2023, 09:12 PM   #478
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
When we connect to city water at a campsite in our Sanctuary, I presume we should not use our water pump. I’m not sure how we get hot water through our Truma furnace if the water pump is off though. What am I missing?
Water pump not needed with city water. The city water flows through the water heater just like it came from the onboard tank through the water pump.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:21 PM   #479

THOR #29155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Water pump not needed with city water. The city water flows through the water heater just like it came from the onboard tank through the water pump.
Thanks for the quick reply, mystery solved.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:09 PM   #480

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Ontario
THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywoo View Post
I have a 2022 19P/LiPo unit with the batteries under the rear seat.

Today I was using the RVMaster app to shut off the AC and coach lights when a "overload fault" message appeared on the MasterVolt panel. The panel restarted, and now the screen page that normally has the inverter controls now has a "device offline" message where each function button used to be. None of the DC voltage devices work on the coach.

I flipped the rotary house power switch off and on. The safety relay switch was not popped open, and nothing happened when I cycled the switch on and off.

I noticed a on/off switch and circuit breaker reset button on the back of the Mastervolt box thats on the far left of the garage compartment. Nothing happened when I toggled the on/off switch and the breaker was not popped.

What am I missing here?

thanks!

Ray
Hello. Were you able to fix this? How?