Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2023, 10:08 PM   #481

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Ontario
THOR #27108
Similar problem but not in cold weather. This is for my 2023 Sanctuary MB with the lithium pack. I have been driving and camping for 6 months and all was well.
This time I left it in the storage for two months. Disconnected coach battery, rotary switches on house batteries. Then after 2 months turned everything on. Seemed all good. EXCEPT I had two alarms on the combimaster panel (see photo). And when I arrived at destination I also noticed that the second alternator did not charge the house battery. I connected to shore power and it charges properly. So: monitors work well, chassi alternator works well, combimaster charger works well. Inverter also works properly when turned on. Should have I followed a particular sequence when turning all off and back on after storage?
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230315_085137.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	41235Click image for larger version

Name:	20230315_085111.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	41236Click image for larger version

Name:	20230315_085035.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	41237

Old 03-18-2023, 12:54 AM   #482

State: Virginia
THOR #29155
Wingers on Sanctuary 2023. The on/off button is in the cabinet beside the bathroom. Teeny green light is illuminated but the Winegars SSID does not show in my networks folder/page . Any ideas as to why?
Old 03-18-2023, 01:34 AM   #483
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwemerys View Post
Wingers on Sanctuary 2023. The on/off button is in the cabinet beside the bathroom. Teeny green light is illuminated but the Winegars SSID does not show in my networks folder/page . Any ideas as to why?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 01:41 AM   #484

THOR #29155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Man my eyes are getting worse. I even proof read that post. It should say Winegard. Sheesh.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:44 PM   #485

THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobontheRocks View Post
The 19L is much better designed than the 19P. The 19P forces you to take up the bed everytime that you want to use the table. The 19P also wastes space by not allowing you to make use of the driver's and passenger's seat for dining. All that we could get was a 19P and this is our first RV, so we didn't know better.

I now would not go with a Class B with a wet bath. In over seven weeks of a cross-continental and back trip I used the toilet exactly once for anything other than a pee. We never used the shower. A well designed portapotty would have been much better and given us much more useable room and a permanent bed for multi-day stays.

Have they fixed the window problem? Are they still providing defective door screens (with the zipper, which should allow the screen to be rolled up, on the wrong side of the magnetic closures so it can't be rolled up)? They told our dealer that it was not defective, which it clearly is.
We have a 2023 19P MB. Purchased July 2022. Came exactly as you say with the defective side door screen. Fortunatelly the screen at the back door has the zipper on the correct side so we can roll that up. Contacted many times Thor. They are nice and prompt in replies but did not replace the screen with the correct one. I guess they do not produce it anymore? I asked if I could bring the screen to a third party for repair but they would not cover this job under warranty.
-- We never use the shower either, lets say it is for emergency only...
-- What is the window problem you are referring to?
-- For the bed and table: we use the bed in a u-shape configuration: the back seat always down and the two sofas as two twins for our lower half body (legs and feet). So there is space to leave the table pedistal on at all times and we just insert the table top when we require to use the table during the day.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:46 PM   #486

THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL92420 View Post
I have been following this thread for a while since we had been researching a Tranquility/Sanctuary purchase which we finally did 2 weeks ago, a 2023 19L. I had done quite a bit of research, watching a lot of You Tube (Thanks Ruby) and several websites, we considered our own build, other manufacturer's, (Winnebago Revel, Storyteller...) but as others have said, to get a 4x4 Sprinter Thor seems to have some value. I understood the questionable quality going in, this is not our first RV nor Thor product, traded in a 2019 Thor Vegas, so I expected some quality issues with the build but figured we'd roll the dice. So here we are 2 weeks in with a Sanctuary 19L, had a shakeout/shakedown weekend trip, for a small RV it has a lot going on, Lithium, Solar... 3 digital panels, trying to figure out which operates what but, all in all we feel we did pretty well in the overall initial quality, of course some small things that I was able to correct (magnetic latch on bathroom door off center so it wouldn't keep the door closed while driving) as well as a few others issues and I am sure others will surface in time.

This post is getting too long, I should have started posting a while back and the backstory would already be done, but all in all we are happy so far with our purchase, I do want to post more regarding planned upgrades and other observations and discoveries about the 2023 Sanctuary 19L that we purchased, this is a long introduction but looking forward to participating in the forum.
Welcome to the family!
Old 03-18-2023, 07:01 PM   #487

THOR #27108
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
In the process of winterizing my Sanctuary PT, I can't find any information on draining the hot water tank. Is it only the low point drain on the outside of the van or is there another drain valve inside? I managed to locate the hot water tank bypass valves underneath the screwed on seat cover but I'm not finding much help in the manual or online for this model rv. Thanks!
It is a late reply, I know.... Hopefully we can help others next year. There is a small yellow valve inside (where you found the bypass valves). When you open it (by lifting it) the water from the tank drains outside underneath the van. See pic.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230318_145737.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	41238
Old 03-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #488
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
It is a late reply, I know.... Hopefully we can help others next year. There is a small yellow valve inside (where you found the bypass valves). When you open it (by lifting it) the water from the tank drains outside underneath the van. See pic.Attachment 41238
That looks like the overpressure/overtemperature relief valve. If so, it is not at the bottom of the tank so it won't drain it completely.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:57 AM   #489

Model: Tranquility 19L
State: Alabama
THOR #29446
Greetings y'all, we have a 2022 Tranquility 19L and are looking for options for replacing the valances/shades with something that's also helping block light and heat, and also the slider window. Have any of you found any solutions that work well, I can't seem to figure out what the factory window is compared to those available and don't know if these are Flarespace bumps or something else and the windows seem to not be labeled at least as any of the common ones size wise. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2023, 03:50 PM   #490

THOR #29155
Spare tire wheel bolts

For those that have replaced wheels and are using the Thor wheel as a spare, (not the MB original steel wheel) can you confirm the bolt size? Particularly the length. Thanks much!
Old 04-22-2023, 11:36 AM   #491

Model: Sanctuary 19L
State: Ohio
THOR #27026
Interested in your pdf on winterizing 19L. Where did you post it?
Old 05-19-2023, 09:23 PM   #492

State: British Columbia
THOR #26874
Window screen issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post

-- What is the window problem you are referring to?
The whatchamacallit that holds the screens came unstuck and I could not figure out how to get it on again. It was held on with inadequate two-sided tape.

Supposedly has been fixed by the dealer, we'll see when we start using it again how long it lasts.

As for the screen for the door. The dealer admits that it was put together wrong (the zipper servers no purpose where it is now, between the edge and the magnetic closure), but Thor insists that there isn't a problem, despite the fact that it simply does not work as is.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:26 AM   #493

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
THOR #26179
Ya ,Our Screens are all off from the windows , two fell off most of the way & would not stay & one I believe interfered with the window closure & it leaked , after the screen fell off , no more leak . I took the Screen off the window on the sliding door , becauseI had thought it was interfering with closure, but it didn't stop the leak from one wind direction .

I have not been able to find very much on the Fresco windows , I emailed their support over a week ago & have not heard back . I plan on calling them when I get some time .
Old 05-24-2023, 05:56 PM   #494

THOR #26179
Called Fresco today & they have a repair kit & instructions on the way to shim the window , nice support . Impressive , person I talked to had a good bit of knowledge .
Old 05-28-2023, 04:25 PM   #495

State: Utah
THOR #24477
Transfer switch RVS wire

Hello,

I’m in need of some help figuring out how to properly wire the transfer switch in my Thor Tranquility. I found a wire that’s not connected, I don’t know what it’s for or where to properly connect it. See the pics for more detail.

The wire in question is labeled RVS SIG + 12v. It’s connected to the printed circuit board in transfer switch and is not connected on the other end. Would anyone know where it connects too? Your help is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RVS SIG 12v01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	42106  
Old 05-28-2023, 07:04 PM   #496
MCP

Model: Tellaro 20k
State: Arizona
THOR #27962
FWIW on my Tellaro the green/yellow wire (which connects to the red as yours does) goes to my RVMaster panel and connects at A5.2 for “shore power fault.” I believe the RVS SIG refers to reverse polarity. On mine I removed the ATS because I have no generator and simply disconnected the green/yellow and the white wires and no fault signal is detected. My Hughes surge protector EPO however does monitor for faults.
Old 05-31-2023, 09:03 PM   #497

Model: Sanctuary 19L Tenorite Gr
State: Missouri
THOR #28404
6 month update

Well we have had our 19L Sanctuary for a little over 6 months, definitely a learning curve with the electronics/lithium/inverters/switches/disconnects/control panels... if you get my drift, a lot going on but.....I am probably going to jinx myself, I feel we have been very fortunate, very little overall quality issues, sure a couple of small things but all in all feel pretty good about everything. Like I said, hoping I didn't jinx myself.
Some things don't make sense but I have found if I am patient and you gotta love YouTube, for example, we hadn't used the awning for some time, went to put it out the other day, nothing, or very little, just heard some clicking from the back of the van, before I got all upset, did a quick google and came up with a video on updating the firmware on the BMPro panel, voila', awning started working. I know not all things will be this straight forward but I just try to use a little patience and common sense. I will post some of the upgrades, nothing to significant yet, but have a few more planned in the near future. I am very impressed with what some of you have done to your rigs.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:40 PM   #498

THOR #26179
Well I found two more issues , but one of them I'm not sure who is responsible , dealer or TMC .
First one is on the 19P there is a cubby or storage that can be used for a work table or what ever that you can fold down when the sliding door is open . Ours had a deep scratch on the face of the panel that this work table is housed & the whole face panel in front of the Kitchen island had to be replaced . It was found or noticed with the walk through when first purchased . I'm not sure if it was secured this way from the factory or the Dealer installed it this way or what else was removed & replaced , but it was not very secure . The inner Tub for this storage/cubby/table was secured with three screws , which were screwed in at an angle , no sealant or anything else to secure it . Sealant wouldn't have done a thing if they used it anyway , seems the protective plastic wrap was never removed , so if the did uses sealant of adhesive , it wouldn't have secured any thing .

I used a clear silicone adhesive /sealant after removing all the protective plastic, cleaned with Acetone & used some in the screw holes & reinserted them , so far so good , still tight.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	table cubby.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	42186   Click image for larger version

Name:	panel screw.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	42187  

Name:	panel screw 2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	42188   Click image for larger version

Name:	panel plastic covering .jpg
Views:	42
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	42189  

Old 06-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #499

THOR #26179
The second issue was definitely TMC assembly , the Door to the fresh Water Pump & Filter, I opened it to see if I need to apply insulation for this summer heat & the door would not open unless I lifted it . Found the top hinge was only secured with two screws on only on side & since the screws they used ,( which probably came with the hinge ) are too short & pulled out . I installed the two bottom screws with longer ones then the top & used wood glue in the top holes that wood was damaged & some on the Screws & we will see how that goes , but it works great now .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	filter:pump door.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	42190   Click image for larger version

Name:	hing ,filter door.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	42191  

Old 06-10-2023, 11:41 AM   #500

THOR #26179
My latest upgrade , reinforcing the bed supports , for the cushion that sets between them . These rails or supports are mostly stapled together with three ( count them) screws that attach the support to the seat frame , which is also the same type of plywood . Our supports had a lot of flex & was pulling away from the seat frame & were loos on our first overnight stay last year & I knew it was only a matter of time before they let go , we tried to not put much weight on entering the bed when all set up , its the first place to put weight on,( dogs jump up & down this same place , no choice , so must be fixed .
the purchase of 1/8" 3/4x3/4" angle aluminum & away I went . Stainless steel hardware & I used Bolts with support washer system on the opposite side, 6 on each side to fasten supports & also used Silicone adhesive/ sealer to help bond all surfaces together . Cut the Aluminum angle to size , marked & drilled holes for the bolts & screws that hold the top support ( wood )to the Aluminum angle .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	factory support :bed.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	42305   Click image for larger version

Name:	factory support 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	42306  

Name:	reinforcement 1.jpg