Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2021, 05:36 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23742
Looking forward to checking them out and the next updtaes.

Old 08-04-2021, 10:51 AM   #42

THOR #24327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Well done and informative. No whining, just the facts.
Ha, General RV wouldn't even clean ours when we picked it up. They truly sucked. But our Sequence is great. We unexpectedly got a bigger 2 door fridge!

That grey water valve is pretty bad...

Be happy you have that stove. We have the other one and the top rattles so bad. And the same issue with the sink leaking.

Your rig is beautiful though. Enjoy it!!
Old 08-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #43

Model: Tranquility 4x4
THOR #23670
Any issues with the sliding windows and opening the sliding door

Hello,

My wife and I just recently took delivery of a Thor Tranquility 19P on July 30th from LaMesa RV San Diego. We had to order it and waited 2 months and we ready "LOVE IT"!

Our first camping trip is this weekend up in Central Coast.

We have been driving it around to local beaches to get a fell for our first RV #vanlife.

We found some small issues with the sliding windows not closing completely, they seem to do line up on either the upper or lower tracks.

Also, this is a dumb question, but I wasn't able to find a answer online, so here's my question.

We can't open the sliding door from the inside anymore and we think that some how the child lock got engaged, but when I checked the door I didn't see the manual override.

Any ideas.

We are talking it over to LaMesa RV to have them check those things out.

Also any issue with the Generator Start/Stop? I have plenty of Full and it only has 4.5 hrs on it.

Any tips ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210730_184341.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	32563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210802-220120_iMarkup.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	32564  

Old 08-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #44

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMarRVing View Post
We found some small issues with the sliding windows not closing completely, they seem to do line up on either the upper or lower tracks.

We can't open the sliding door from the inside anymore and we think that some how the child lock got engaged, but when I checked the door I didn't see the manual override.
I also found that the sliding windows don't always close completely, and there's a bit of a technique to it. Basically you need to do it in one swift motion, slide into place and let go so they snap outward. Sometimes it takes me a couple of tries. I read about other people having a problem with screws that protrude too far but I can't see that problem on mine - they just seem to stick sometimes if I close them slowly. I might try some silicone spray on the track to see if that helps.

The sliding door sometimes seems to need a little push outward when opening from the inside, i.e. it seems to help the latch to release. I'm often carrying something in the other hand so I sometimes give the door a push outward with my head while squeezing the latch and that seems to work. Maybe you do have some other lock engaged but try giving it a little shove. As above, some lubrication might help.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #45

THOR #23742
Hi Having the same issues with one of the sliding windows. The track has come unglued /or is broke as the track moves and will not line up to close leaving a small gap. I got a small screwdriver and keep moving both top and bottom track till it closed and then tried a very small amount of super glue to keep track from moving and it worked for a few days now moving again so I just line up both tracks and closed window. Have an appointment to get it looked at next week. La mesa rv san Diego. Would love to meet up with san Diego people who own this rv.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:40 PM   #46

THOR #23910
Same back window passenger side please school me on how to use 110gfci outlet no power when I turn on the on board generator and led light bar on the roof won’t work when I turn it on, thanks
Old 08-07-2021, 12:08 AM   #47

THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse77 View Post
Same back window passenger side please school me on how to use 110gfci outlet no power when I turn on the on board generator and led light bar on the roof won’t work when I turn it on, thanks
I assume that you've tested the GFCI outlets on shore power first, i.e.that the GFCI is not tripped. There's about a 30-second delay after the generator starts before you get power but then it should all just work as if on external power. If not then I would suspect the generator and have it looked at. There's a transfer switch in the back right that switches between shore and generator power but its relay energizes on shore power so it's less likely to be the culprit unless it's stuck or not wired right.

The light bar only works when the engine is running, and then it should just come on with the switch up front. I'm not sure where its fuse is located.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:57 AM   #48

State: Arizona
THOR #24457
Have you tried to cover this with a piece of foam pipe insulation? Cheap and easy piece to cut to size.
Old 08-08-2021, 01:02 AM   #49

THOR #23910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay McClellan View Post
I assume that you've tested the GFCI outlets on shore power first, i.e.that the GFCI is not tripped. There's about a 30-second delay after the generator starts before you get power but then it should all just work as if on external power. If not then I would suspect the generator and have it looked at. There's a transfer switch in the back right that switches between shore and generator power but its relay energizes on shore power so it's less likely to be the culprit unless it's stuck or not wired right.

The light bar only works when the engine is running, and then it should just come on with the switch up front. I'm not sure where its fuse is located.
Thanks jay at first I couldn’t find the gfci ,it’s under the cabinet by the tv it was trip now I have to test the light bar as you said , appreciate it much.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:03 PM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
With only 188hp is the RV capable of cruising at highway speed limits for an extend amount of time (75-80mph) without constantly downshifting into a lower gear? I know the trip is the destination and I realize gas milage will suffer but sometimes I just want to get there already and traveling at 60-65mph in a 75-80mph speed limited zone just does not cut it.
Old 08-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #51

THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
With only 188hp is the RV capable of cruising at highway speed limits for an extend amount of time (75-80mph) without constantly downshifting into a lower gear? I know the trip is the destination and I realize gas milage will suffer but sometimes I just want to get there already and traveling at 60-65mph in a 75-80mph speed limited zone just does not cut it.
We just finished a 1000-mile road trip and the van cruised along fine at 75-80 without laboring. Mileage dropped to 15-16 at those speeds vs 17-18 at 55. This was mostly in northern lower Michigan so there were some hills but no BIG hills.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:43 PM   #52

THOR #22773
That is exactly was I was hoping to hear ... sound like a winner to me!
Old 08-10-2021, 09:39 PM   #53

THOR #24457
For those with the LITHIUM PACKAGE
Can you share where the batteries are located? I read they were located in the spare tire area but Lithium batteries should be kept on the interior of Vans so this wouldn't make sense...hopefully that info is incorrect.
Also if you happen to have the 800 AH version could you please post a photo? I know they are now building them with 400 AH and deleted 1 battery. I am hoping to add the missing battery to my ordered unit.
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2021, 12:32 PM   #54

THOR #22773
Ok all ... as they say, out with the old and in with the new.

I have sold my 2021 Thor Tellaro and am schedule for my pre-delivery inspection of my Tranquility tomorrow. Any tips or trips would be helpful!

As some of you know, I have a YouTube channel "Ryker Mom" and I have been documenting my experiences with the Tellaro, different camp grounds, hiking trails, and reviewed many different B-Class Rv's. My plan is to document my purchase and experiences of this unit as well.

I know once I reveal this new purchase on YouTube, I'll be questioned as to why did I sell the Tellaro that I only purchase 5 months ago ... and the simple reason is the drive. The Tellaro requires the driver to make subtle inputs into the steering wheel at speeds over 70mph (like my old Jeep Wrangler) ... and that becomes very tiring after a while. I have tried a few different Ram Promasters now and they all seem to have this issue. Maybe I am just to sensitive. Also, I find that the Tellaro does not have the torque required to maintain highway speeds without struggling on small hills or at speeds around 75 mph. I have documented all the quality issues that I have had with the Tellaro on YouTube but none of them were show stoppers so I have decided to go back to Thor again for this purchase. I am hoping the the Mercedes platform and diesel engine solve my "drive" issues.
Crossing my fingers that everything works out!
Old 08-15-2021, 09:15 PM   #55

THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by AransAdVantures View Post
For those with the LITHIUM PACKAGE
Can you share where the batteries are located? I read they were located in the spare tire area but Lithium batteries should be kept on the interior of Vans so this wouldn't make sense...hopefully that info is incorrect.
Also if you happen to have the 800 AH version could you please post a photo? I know they are now building them with 400 AH and deleted 1 battery. I am hoping to add the missing battery to my ordered unit.
Thanks in advance!
I don't have the lithium package but since nobody else answered you yet, the lithium batteries are indeed located in the spare tire area (we looked at a van with the lithium but it was already sold). They have a battery heater to allow charging and discharging in cold weather, but I don't know how well that works in practice.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:29 PM   #56

THOR #24457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay McClellan View Post
I don't have the lithium package but since nobody else answered you yet, the lithium batteries are indeed located in the spare tire area (we looked at a van with the lithium but it was already sold). They have a battery heater to allow charging and discharging in cold weather, but I don't know how well that works in practice.
Thanks Jay.
I have read that there is a shut off if it gets too cold or above the 140 degrees mark. Here in AZ the pavement can get to 170-180 degrees so I sure hope it performs well
Old 09-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #57

THOR #23950
Off-road Trails

I just finished this video from our first off-road adventure with our Sanctuary 19P, driving some backwoods trails in Michigan's upper peninsula:

Old 09-02-2021, 07:02 PM   #58

THOR #23742
Jay, very cool really enjoyed the video, great to know that the van can take some tuff roads and trails. Looking forward to the need round of updates and mod fixes. You are really getting your money's worth out of the rig.I put some sumo springs front and rear seems to help out the ride, the wait for shocks is a few months and this was something i could do now and was an easy 1 hr job.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:15 PM   #59

THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
Jay, very cool really enjoyed the video, great to know that the van can take some tuff roads and trails. Looking forward to the need round of updates and mod fixes. You are really getting your money's worth out of the rig.I put some sumo springs front and rear seems to help out the ride, the wait for shocks is a few months and this was something i could do now and was an easy 1 hr job.
Yeah we're having fun with it and looking forward to the next trip. Today I'm making branch deflectors for the roof to protect the stuff up there from getting whacked. Next week I'm having the Van Compass 4.3 suspension package installed; it has the sumo springs in front and a leaf spring pack in the rear, plus adjustable shocks all around. I could handle sumo springs but for the full upgrade I'm having it done by a professional shop. They're also installing a winch bumper if it arrives in time. Then we're off to the U.P. again to try out the upgrades.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #60

Model: Tranquility 19P
State: Georgia
THOR #24703
Jay, I've enjoyed your videos and have learned a lot from them. My wife and I just purchased the Tranquility 19P. We've already had the problem with the limbs getting hung up in the awning. I'm looking forward to seeing your hack for that. Our van came with Michelin Road Tires which, while being good tires, don't give me the traction I'll need if I get in some snow during a planned ski trip out west this winter. What kind and size of tires are you running? Also, do you have much road noise in your van?

I've also looked at the Van Compass 4.3 suspension system at Owl Vans and am considering it. I'd love to hear back from you after you get yours installed.

Keep those vids coming!