Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2021, 02:07 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #25184
Thanks for pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMarRVing View Post
Well my wife and I just got back from a 18 days cross country road trip with our Tranquility 19P and we are really happy with it. We love the refrigerator/freezer keeping our food nice and cool on just battery power.

Yes we too had some issues with the bed jack knife brackets being in the way, we just used some self inflatable sleeping pads.

We upgraded to a Yakima hitch swing storage box, which helped a lot.

We are also new to RVing, but by the second week, I think we have it down.

The van is a conversation piece, a lot people in the mid west have never seen one before and were amazed by what the Tranquility has to offer.

Thx for reading.
Great pics. I’m super anxious about my upcoming delivery from the horror quality stories here as I’m not handy or near the dealer should there be issues. Any thoughts. ?

Old 10-24-2021, 11:20 AM   #82

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Do a through inspection and make sure they repair everything before you sign the final documents. Once you have signed, you are pretty. much on your own especially with parts shortages, no techs labor available, and long dealership wait times.
Also, watch as many videos as you can and be sure to subscribe to those channels you feel give you good information.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:35 AM   #83

THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post

Modifications:
1:11 Owl Vans spare tire mount
8:20 Lagun style table
10:30 Kitchen counter extension
11:15 Cock-top stove cover
I was asked to include the link:

https://amzn.to/3DMY3hL - Foldable hinges for counter extension: The size needed depends on how long of a counter extension you are building. My extension is only 16"

https://amzn.to/3BRTRfW - Cooktop cover: Make sure you order the same one as I did as the others have different handles and will not work

https://amzn.to/3BRY6bE - Lagun style table: I bought this table on special for $145

https://amzn.to/3nnxjxz - here is a link to the hinges I used to attached the stovetop cover to the counter. However it is important to note that this hinge need to be flatten some to work as shown in the video so buy a couple extras.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:06 PM   #84

THOR #25458
Weboost Installation Tips on Tranquility

Just picked up my new Tranquility 19L

Has anyone installed a Weboost? Looking for some install suggestions. Don't want to really put any new holes in roof without knowing the layout of roof supports and system wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6389.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	35005  
Old 11-26-2021, 06:49 PM   #85

THOR #22773
I am guessing that the wineguard is not good enough. I have used it for just about everything. Obviously, the signal really depends on which carrier you are using.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:09 PM   #86

THOR #25458
Was trying to avoid paying for another service.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:36 PM   #87

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Florida
THOR #25070
Taros,

does your spare tire holder have a third contact with your door or is it only connected to the door hinges. Tks
Old 11-27-2021, 09:37 PM   #88

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Florida
THOR #25070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
Taros,

does your spare tire holder have a third contact with your door or is it only connected to the door hinges. Tks
Old 12-07-2021, 05:10 AM   #89

THOR #25523
So my wife and I are looking to get a van Q1 next year and we've looked at the Sanctuary. It's as close as we've found to meeting our needs / wants.

We looked at a few today at La Mesa in Sacramento. Thought I'd pass on a few things:

- On the P, all of the videos show the "side benches" sort of jack knife open. But the one we looked at today didn't have that. Instead you rearrange the cushions to build a bed in the more traditional RV sense. I don't really like it - it's a Velcro mess. The upside, the bed was more comfortable than I expected.

- Apparently they can't get generators right now so they are going all Lithium. But in the P they put the batteries and inverter under the couch so there is NO storage other than in cabinets.

- There seem to be 400Ah and 800Ah versions of the Lithium, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to what they are providing.

- They had two Ls, one had the slide out drawers under the bed, the other was like the Revel, all open with T track tie downs. They really didn't have an explanation for the difference and didn't know which way future vans would come.

- The bathroom in the L is slightly bigger, but enough to be noticable - and it has a single door instead of the slightly clunky double doors on the P.

We definitely prefer the overall layout and bed in the P, but the complete lack of storage is a hangup for me. I'm curious what owners of Ps are doing for gear storage?
Old 12-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #90

THOR #25047
Tranquility/Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInTahoe View Post
So my wife and I are looking to get a van Q1 next year and we've looked at the Sanctuary. It's as close as we've found to meeting our needs / wants.

We looked at a few today at La Mesa in Sacramento. Thought I'd pass on a few things:

- On the P, all of the videos show the "side benches" sort of jack knife open. But the one we looked at today didn't have that. Instead you rearrange the cushions to build a bed in the more traditional RV sense. I don't really like it - it's a Velcro mess. The upside, the bed was more comfortable than I expected.

- Apparently they can't get generators right now so they are going all Lithium. But in the P they put the batteries and inverter under the couch so there is NO storage other than in cabinets.

- There seem to be 400Ah and 800Ah versions of the Lithium, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to what they are providing.

- They had two Ls, one had the slide out drawers under the bed, the other was like the Revel, all open with T track tie downs. They really didn't have an explanation for the difference and didn't know which way future vans would come.

- The bathroom in the L is slightly bigger, but enough to be noticable - and it has a single door instead of the slightly clunky double doors on the P.

We definitely prefer the overall layout and bed in the P, but the complete lack of storage is a hangup for me. I'm curious what owners of Ps are doing for gear storage?

We purchased the P 400 Ah lithium battery in September. I was also concerned about storage on our first trip. We purchased 2 plastic boxes that fit under the bed inside the van, but after the trip realized that moving the boxes in and out for access was a bit of a hassle. Just returned from a 11 day trip and we did not use the boxes, we committed to taking less personal stuff (clothes shoes etc). We’re backpackers so we’re used to having just the essentials. It was much better. We did put a chair hanger on the Thule bike rack to get our camp chairs out side. We also used a dry bag and strapped it to the bike rack for few extra things. We use a hitch mount bike carrier. We have e bikes so the Thule bike rack won’t work for those. We always leave the bed down so inside under the bed we use as storage. But no longer use plastic boxes, just extra stuff we don’t need to get to every day. We found that the inside cabinets were enough storage for clothes, food, everyday items. We’re happy we purchased the lithium battery. When we realized that the generator version was propane, we were concerned that it could quickly use up the 8 gallons of propane on board. I have seen ads by OWL vans that can add storage boxes to the rear door. That might be an option but after our last trip we’re very happy.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:26 PM   #91

THOR #25523
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamccormick View Post
We purchased the P 400 Ah lithium battery in September. I was also concerned about storage on our first trip. We purchased 2 plastic boxes that fit under the bed inside the van, but after the trip realized that moving the boxes in and out for access was a bit of a hassle. Just returned from a 11 day trip and we did not use the boxes, we committed to taking less personal stuff (clothes shoes etc). We’re backpackers so we’re used to having just the essentials. It was much better. We did put a chair hanger on the Thule bike rack to get our camp chairs out side. We also used a dry bag and strapped it to the bike rack for few extra things. We use a hitch mount bike carrier. We have e bikes so the Thule bike rack won’t work for those. We always leave the bed down so inside under the bed we use as storage. But no longer use plastic boxes, just extra stuff we don’t need to get to every day. We found that the inside cabinets were enough storage for clothes, food, everyday items. We’re happy we purchased the lithium battery. When we realized that the generator version was propane, we were concerned that it could quickly use up the 8 gallons of propane on board. I have seen ads by OWL vans that can add storage boxes to the rear door. That might be an option but after our last trip we’re very happy.
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, the personal stuff we're good with. We pack light (seldom check bags). The "big" things I'd like to fit are 2 small chairs, a small fold up table, and a small griddle. Thought that would go under the couch but the version we saw had none of that space left since the batteries and inverter were there (not sure if you have the batteries where the generator was). Might have to think about a hitch box. The back doors will get the Owl spare and a 1up rack for the tandem mounted diagonally.

BTW, how do you like the bed?
Old 12-07-2021, 05:33 PM   #92

THOR #25047
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, the personal stuff we're good with. We pack light (seldom check bags). The "big" things I'd like to fit are 2 small chairs, a small fold up table, and a small griddle. Thought that would go under the couch but the version we saw had none of that space left since the batteries and inverter were there (not sure if you have the batteries where the generator was). Might have to think about a hitch box. The back doors will get the Owl spare and a 1up rack for the tandem mounted diagonally.

BTW, how do you like the bed?

We do have the inverter/battery under the sofa section in the back end. There’s a small bit of storage on each side, not big enough for your items.

We have the bed with the side seats that jack knife open. I occasionally feel the hinge while sleeping but most of the time it’s not in a position that bothers us. I did put a 1 inch mattress topper on it. We sleep head in so it’s really nice not to have to crawl over each other to get up. We both really like the bed, although it does have the feel of a fold out camper bed. It’s a nice size for two.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #93

THOR #25528
New RV owner... Dumb questions incoming!

We just got our tranquility last week. It's the L model with lithium batteries. Does anyone have a way of verifying that my solar is actually charging the house batteries? It seems to me like they only charge when the van is running.

I read somewhere else that the batteries are located in the spare tire area. Mine are definitely inside the vehicle under the bed.

I have a really strong desire to buy or build a sitting area on the roof, but with all the crap that Thor has already mounted up there, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a small sitting area mounted properly, maybe on the driver's side of the vehicle. The way that Thor mounted the Thule awning is a bit odd in that it doesn't seem to utilize roof rails, just brackets.

I'd also like to install a mount for some traction boards on the side of the vehicle. Anyone have a good idea of how to do that?

Also, just wanted to say it's great to be here with like minded individuals and I look forward to being part of the community!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20211207_130602.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	35110  
Old 12-07-2021, 10:37 PM   #94

THOR #25047
Tranquility/Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfNTurfAdam View Post
We just got our tranquility last week. It's the L model with lithium batteries. Does anyone have a way of verifying that my solar is actually charging the house batteries? It seems to me like they only charge when the van is running.

I read somewhere else that the batteries are located in the spare tire area. Mine are definitely inside the vehicle under the bed.

I have a really strong desire to buy or build a sitting area on the roof, but with all the crap that Thor has already mounted up there, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a small sitting area mounted properly, maybe on the driver's side of the vehicle. The way that Thor mounted the Thule awning is a bit odd in that it doesn't seem to utilize roof rails, just brackets.

I'd also like to install a mount for some traction boards on the side of the vehicle. Anyone have a good idea of how to do that?

Also, just wanted to say it's great to be here with like minded individuals and I look forward to being part of the community!

I’ve included pics of the solar controller, our unit is currently off, the main power is off, it’s cloudy here today so not much solar. But the controller shows it’s charging at 13.3. I then turned on the main power so I can turn on the master volt control panel, which reads 98%. Turn the inverter off when not needed. The 12 volt system works without it, which includes the refrigerator and lights. When the engine is on the extra alternator for the house battery will charge it very quickly and the read out on the solar controller is 14.0 or better. We just got our unit in Sept. on our first trip we never had our battery at more than 60 or 70%. Talked to Thor on the phone, they recommended not having the inverter on unless you need it because it does use a lot of power.

Our battery and inverter is under the sofa/bed in the rear also.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8212.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	35112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8215.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	35113Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8216.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	35114
Old 12-07-2021, 10:54 PM   #95

THOR #25528
This is so weird. See my pics. My mastervolt doesn't seem to have any controls for the inverter whatsoever. I was on the phone with a rep yesterday who was trying to help me find the "combimaster" buttons to no avail. I'm lost! Will the solar only charge the battery with the inverter on? I think this might be my issue because I certainly can't get the air conditioner to turn on. See my pics for reference.

Also, hello from cloudy Clairemont! (Socal is always sunny, they said....)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20211207_144606.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	35115   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211207_144615.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	35116  

Name:	20211207_144622.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	35117   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211207_144627.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	35118  

Old 12-07-2021, 11:30 PM   #96

THOR #25047
Tranquility/Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfNTurfAdam View Post
This is so weird. See my pics. My mastervolt doesn't seem to have any controls for the inverter whatsoever. I was on the phone with a rep yesterday who was trying to help me find the "combimaster" buttons to no avail. I'm lost! Will the solar only charge the battery with the inverter on? I think this might be my issue because I certainly can't get the air conditioner to turn on. See my pics for reference.

Also, hello from cloudy Clairemont! (Socal is always sunny, they said....)

We don’t have that 2nd page you shared on our master volt screen. We have only the 2 screens I shared, swipe right. We did have some service done and our inverter was inadvertently unplugged, and that screen wasn’t available. The tech went to the back and reconnected the green plug into the inverter and it the readout came back. I think maybe something may not be setup correctly since you have no inverter control? But I’m far from an expert

The solar charges the battery without the inverter, we leave our inverter off unless using it and our battery charges fine. We were told that the master control shows the true charge of the battery not the solar controller and also the air won’t work without a certain amount of charge on the battery. Our air wasn’t working and it ended up we also tripped the circuit on our first trip. Maybe a faulty hookup at my moms house.

The inverter makes a noise when on, you can definitely hear it laying in bed. Do you hear it cycle on/off.

Also there is a power switch under the drivers side rear back behind the propane switch, this needs to be pushed in. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8224.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	35120

I’m far from an expert, just trying to share what we know.

Yes SoCal sunny mostly but we need the rain so I’m thankful [emoji846]
Old 12-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #97

THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by M430 View Post
Taros,

Yes, the owl spare tire carrier requires you to drill a small hole for the 3rd contact point but they make it really easy.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:01 PM   #98

THOR #22773
Quote:

I have walked through many of these vans and Thor is making changes within the same production year. You are correct that the new 19P no longer have the scissor side seats. They have also changes the rear storage area "garage" on both the 19P and 19L.
As for the bathroom side, the 19P has two doors that are duel positioning. They are able to be angled opened for additional space which gives you more room than the 19L when inside, but most salesmen do not know this. As for the generator, yes they run on propane but seem to be very efficient. I would have preferred they run on diesel (tank) but the propane seems to be just fine for now. A generator was a must for me.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:11 PM   #99

THOR #22773
This is a good way of adding additional space

Old 12-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #100

THOR #22773
And in this video you can see slight mods to the 19P storage area "garage".