Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2021, 02:31 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tranquility 4x4
State: California
THOR #23670
Mercedes 4x4 Tranquility/Sanctuary

Well my wife and I just got back from a 18 days cross country road trip with our Tranquility 19P and we are really happy with it. We love the refrigerator/freezer keeping our food nice and cool on just battery power.

Yes we too had some issues with the bed jack knife brackets being in the way, we just used some self inflatable sleeping pads.

We upgraded to a Yakima hitch swing storage box, which helped a lot.

We are also new to RVing, but by the second week, I think we have it down.

The van is a conversation piece, a lot people in the mid west have never seen one before and were amazed by what the Tranquility has to offer.

Thx for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20210830_202926_LI.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	33639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked20210829_064444_LI.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	33640  

Name:	20210829_064424.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	33641   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210830_091825.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	33642  

Old 09-15-2021, 11:21 PM   #62

Model: Tranquility
THOR #23742
Very nice , love the pitcures. We have the 19 p and are trying to get thor to fix the jackknife brackets. I hope you will contact them and let them know you need a bed you can sleep on.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:25 PM   #63

THOR #23742
Here is a picture of the thule bike rack with mods to carry surfboard and paddle boards and a bike.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:28 PM   #64

THOR #23742
Old 09-23-2021, 08:45 PM   #65

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarRiver Charlie View Post
Jay, I've enjoyed your videos and have learned a lot from them. My wife and I just purchased the Tranquility 19P. We've already had the problem with the limbs getting hung up in the awning. I'm looking forward to seeing your hack for that. Our van came with Michelin Road Tires which, while being good tires, don't give me the traction I'll need if I get in some snow during a planned ski trip out west this winter. What kind and size of tires are you running? Also, do you have much road noise in your van?

I've also looked at the Van Compass 4.3 suspension system at Owl Vans and am considering it. I'd love to hear back from you after you get yours installed.

Keep those vids coming!
Sorry for the delay, just saw your questions. Our tires are BF Goodrich KO2s and the standard size 245/75R16. I can't really compare them to any other but KO2s are generally well regarded for overland travel and they do pretty well in sand, okay in mud. There's definite road noise at medium speeds (30-50 Mph) but it smooths out at highway speeds. I think the tires are designed to do that as they bulge when spinning faster and there's less contact at the edges.

We got the VC 4.3 suspension upgrade before our last trip and it's great. I'll cover that and the branch deflectors in future videos but it may be a while before I get to them as I have several projects in the queue.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:52 PM   #66

Model: Sanctuary 19P
THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
Very nice , love the pitcures. We have the 19 p and are trying to get thor to fix the jackknife brackets. I hope you will contact them and let them know you need a bed you can sleep on.
Not to disagree with you, but the brackets don't bother us. Maybe it's different sleeping positions or maybe our brackets are a little lower than others. I do notice them when scooting out to get up at night, but when sleeping they just don't make contact. Thor probably didn't test them with enough different people, no surprise. It's easy enough to add a sleeping pad but sure would be inconvenient to store during the day when space is limited.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #67

THOR #23742
Hi, Jay we just got the VC 2.3 falcon adjustable shock, and yes what a big difference. Going to Zion and Sedona this week and looking to give them a nice test.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #68

THOR #23910
Hi just just want to find out where did you get your van compass falcon setup installed cause I’m just around the area..thanks
Old 09-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #69

THOR #23742
ORW in El Canjo . Was $700 cheaper than the others(sprinter guys) in town, i called falcon and asked them who installed here in san diego and they said ORW. Sad how much they overcharge for sprinter work.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #70

THOR #23910
thank you for the info, Ill keep that in mind when its time for an upgrade
Old 09-30-2021, 07:38 PM   #71

Model: Sanctuary 19L
THOR #24335
2022 Sanctuary Mods

Wanted to post pictures of my modifications to this point on the 2022 Thor Sanctuary 19L we got in July. Explanation of the pics:

1. Cargo shelf above driver/passenger seats. The space seemed wasted as there was no need for head room and it seemed pretty easy to put a shelf in. Used a piece of cardboard as a template and with a few test fittings, was able to transfer to a 3/4" marine grade piece of plywood. Cut it out, carpeted it with auto carpeting from the local big box store. It fit nicely above the grab handles and put "L" brackets on the outside ends. Works great and is always full of something.

2. USB/12 volt port in the drop down table. We do most things outside when using the camper van and it is very nice to have both easily accessible. Tapped into the 12 volt line under the refrigerator behind the pullout box. Labeled "right side" on the fuse panel with purple and white wire colors. I found it just wound up under there. Very useful.

3. Ground lighting for step and floor. Being honest, the three step shuffle you need to do to get in/out of the van can be interesting at times, especially at night with libations. The same 12V line that I tied into for the charger ports I used for the LED lights. I got the white plug lights at TSC and they normally are for trailer lights. I bought a 12V switch on Amazon and now we have light. Works great at night when trying to navigate in/out of the camper.

4. Hooks and netting for the "very useful" spot above the refrigerator. The small area/counter above the fridge is basically useless on the road as things will slide off easily. Installed hooks and a cargo net to house pretty much anything. We use it for veggies/wipes/phones when charging/candy/tissues and especially the grates for the stove when on the road. The are really loud. Super useful and you don't have to do anything with it when hitting the road.

I have more planned for the "garage" storage area in the back for this winter when we are not camping. Have a ton of ideas how that area can be more efficiently used and the mechanicals can be better accessed.

Hope this helps and inspires.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	netting.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	34023   Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	34024  

Name:	charger.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	34025   Click image for larger version

Name:	shelf.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	34026  

Old 10-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #72

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
Here is a picture of the thule bike rack with mods to carry surfboard and paddle boards and a bike.

For some reason the image isn’t showing up for me, but I’d love to see your modifications. Any chance you can repost?
Old 10-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #73

THOR #25047
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamccormick View Post
For some reason the image isn’t showing up for me, but I’d love to see your modifications. Any chance you can repost?

Or send them in a message?
Old 10-16-2021, 09:51 PM   #74

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773

Modifications:
1:11 Owl Vans spare tire mount
8:20 Lagun style table
10:30 Kitchen counter extension
11:15 Cock-top stove cover
Old 10-20-2021, 02:25 AM   #75

State: Arizona
THOR #25086
Just wondering if you were able to add the second battery or not. I am currently in the process of purchasing a 19 p but it has the single lithium battery set up. Are you able to run a/c with a single 400 ah lithium battery any issues?
Old 10-20-2021, 02:34 AM   #76

THOR #23742
Hi we have the 1000 watt inverter and an Onan generator with 2 house batteries so i cant help you with this.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:46 AM   #77

THOR #24457
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRG View Post
Just wondering if you were able to add the second battery or not. I am currently in the process of purchasing a 19 p but it has the single lithium battery set up. Are you able to run a/c with a single 400 ah lithium battery any issues?
I have not installed the 2nd battery as of yet. I will evaluate my needs next spring as I won't have the need for much A/C until then. The A/C runs fine off of one but that will probably be for a max of 3 hours at full load. Remember if someone tells you how long you can run A/C off of a 5500 watt battery that there are so many variables. Ambient temp, humidity, external temp, what other electrical draws, etc. If anyone is interested i suggest watch James explain it. He is a major resource for lithium q and a. https://youtu.be/aPDOKlG7hMU
Old 10-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #78

THOR #25086
Thanks so much I also watched a video by go small live large Scott in a Tractor he made some suggestions to get the most out of lithium battery while running a/c. I would bet doing an upgrade requires BMS change and wiring gauge increase with breakers in between. I saw a dual system on a Tranquility ac on 88 degree day Phoenix set at 76 degrees might last 7 hours. Lete know if you upgrade I'll do the same, thanks
Old 10-22-2021, 10:35 PM   #79

THOR #25086
Tractor not tractor dumb phone
Old 10-22-2021, 11:11 PM   #80

THOR #24457
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRG View Post
Thanks so much I also watched a video by go small live large Scott in a Tractor he made some suggestions to get the most out of lithium battery while running a/c. I would bet doing an upgrade requires BMS change and wiring gauge increase with breakers in between. I saw a dual system on a Tranquility ac on 88 degree day Phoenix set at 76 degrees might last 7 hours. Lete know if you upgrade I'll do the same, thanks
The 1 battery system was originally designed for 800ah and the early units have this. They kept the same inverter and system that can handle the additional battery .