Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2022, 12:11 AM   #421

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
If you can't have a pro inspect the part, and you don't feel confident in installing a replacement (a 1 on the 1-10 difficulty scale). then hire a mobile tech to do it.
Like I said - $5-$10 and a 15 minute job DIY.

Not sure I would want a dealer touching my rig based on my experiences unless it was something really major under warranty.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #422

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCRUISER View Post
Like I said - $5-$10 and a 15 minute job DIY.

Not sure I would want a dealer touching my rig based on my experiences unless it was something really major under warranty.

I agree with you , I'm not impressed with my dealer so far .

I have no leaks , I tested it , as far as a crack , didn't see any , but that doesn't mean there isn't one .
Old 07-06-2022, 12:38 PM   #423

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #22773
I would imagine if you had a crack your propane level would be slowly depleting ... right?
Old 07-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #424

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
I would imagine if you had a crack your propane level would be slowly depleting ... right?

That's what I thought too. Propane has an additive to give it a strong odor so you would also think you could smell a leak if you had one. My tank still shows full on the screen.

I did find a closer servicing dealer, 130 miles. Still too far. DIY is the way to go. It is easy enough to check for a leak with a little soapy water. I plumbed my garage with black iron pipe for compressed air and it still doesn't leak after 30 years of use so I am comfortable replacing this type of fitting if it is necessary.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:45 PM   #425
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Quote:
That's what I thought too. Propane has an additive to give it a strong odor so you would also think you could smell a leak if you had one. My tank still shows full on the screen.

I did find a closer servicing dealer, 130 miles. Still too far. DIY is the way to go. It is easy enough to check for a leak with a little soapy water. I plumbed my garage with black iron pipe for compressed air and it still doesn't leak after 30 years of use so I am comfortable replacing this type of fitting if it is necessary.

Cracks do not necessarily mean leaks......yet. It's only one part of the assembly that MAY have a crack. You may not be able to see it without knowing what you are looking for.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 02:02 AM   #426

State: Alaska
THOR #27345
Tranquility 19L

Hi All. Picked up my 2022 Tranquility 19L 2 days ago. Are driver/passenger door and windshield covers included? Mine didn't come with them. It came with window covers for sliding door and back door windows only.
I didn't ask dealer yet. Wanted to ask here first.
This site is awesome!
Old 07-09-2022, 02:19 AM   #427

THOR #25796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samyaobt View Post
Hi All. Picked up my 2022 Tranquility 19L 2 days ago. Are driver/passenger door and windshield covers included? Mine didn't come with them. It came with window covers for sliding door and back door windows only.
This site is awesome!
My 19P came with a one piece cover for the entire front cab. A shower curtain with a spring loaded rod behind the front seats is less cumbersome and easier to use unless you feel a need to access the cab while keeping it private.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:22 AM   #428

State: California
THOR #25047
Tranquility/Sanctuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samyaobt View Post
This site is awesome!

Yes you should have 3 window coverings for the windshield and driver/passenger windows. Ours came with those but we did not get the rear or sliding door covers. We reported that on our first trip to get warranty repairs corrected and are still waiting to receive them. For us the side and rear covers we could probably live without, but I like the windshield cover.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:03 AM   #429

THOR #26179
My 2022 19P came with a folding heavy duty front windshield cover , side window covers with little magnets to hold them in place, sliding door window cover & covers for the back door windows .
Now the issues, with all covers but the windshield cover , which is held in place with the Visors folded down is , the magnets are sewn in in the wrong places , the other covers are held in place with Velcro patches & 90 % of them don't line up to attach . we are going to add the proper loop part of the Velcro to line up on the screwed in hook of the Velcro on the Doors , both Sliding Door & the two back Windows . Not sure what we will do with the cab doors cover magnets , maybe cut them out & move them so the contact enough metal to hold on to.

Its almost like they were made for different model .This stuff is nit picking minor issues , but where is QC , no test fitting at the factory ?
Old 07-09-2022, 01:02 PM   #430

THOR #25702
Nit picking and minor. Maybe Thor might see it that way. I see it as, you paid six figures for something that has way too many quality issues. These are things you can see and touch. Makes me wonder about the things you can’t. All my shades work ok, about two thirds of the Velcro matches up. The bug screen on the sliding door is basically useless. Ruby, that does the youtube videos has a good fix for it. But then, should you really have to?
Old 07-09-2022, 01:13 PM   #431

THOR #25702
Also, for the front shade , check out Covercraft online. They make a light weight , high quality shade I end up using 90% of the time instead of the one that came with it.
Old 07-11-2022, 12:05 AM   #432

THOR #27006
Hello
anybody know where I can get that small glass window on the sliding door besides the dealer?. mine broke from normal opening and closing. spider web cracked .
Old 07-12-2022, 04:55 PM   #433

THOR #22773
The front windshield and the two front side windows should have very nice thermo covers/shades ... these come standard with the tranquility. The sliding door and rear window covers are cheap cloth with velcro that may or may not line up.

For hot environments, you should also invest in an exterior windshield reflector cover.
Old 07-16-2022, 05:14 PM   #434

State: Alaska
THOR #27345
New owner here. Thor Tranquility 19L Mercedes Sprinter. I'm getting like a 2 second lag upon accelerating. Is this normal?
Old 07-16-2022, 09:15 PM   #435

THOR #26179
Turbo Lag , 2 sec. is kinda long , but there is a lag upon start up . If. yours is 2 sec. might want to talk to MB .
Old 07-17-2022, 12:44 AM   #436

THOR #25702
For around $300 you can buy a Pedal Commander. From the reviews I've read they work really well, improving throttle response and turbo lag. For me I somehow get in the groove and remind myself the last time I owned a van it was a 68 VW, and my 19L is a performer compared to that.
Old 07-27-2022, 02:43 AM   #437

THOR #27487
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRVR View Post
Finally found regulator for alternator. It's under the passenger seat compartment. I ran the tests from the Balmar Troubleshooting procedure and it failed miserably. It has you run a series of voltage measurements with the vehicle off, vehicle ignition on (but engine off) and engine running. The unit didn't even turn on when i put the ignition (but engine off) so it just gave me the same measurements as with it off. Anyways, the battery voltage was definitely not correct when compared to the MasterVolt and actual reading I took at the battery. Other measurements were all over the place. The battery voltage reading was 2 volts lower when I did the tests with engine running so something is really wrong.

I did happen to find a possible culprit. The wire harness for the regulator that runs to the back of the van was crushed as some idiot tried to fit way too many harnesses through a support clamp, crushing the harness that carries the regulator wires. Just can't believe it.
Attachment 35826
Have you found the cause of your problem? I have the same issue, and I think it is related to the brown wire not having a battery voltage level when the system is on. It is controlled by the Mastervolt relay (behind the Balmar MC-614), and input is coming from the ignition wire that comes from under the driver seat. I have to remove the seat to see where it is connecting, it could be simply a lighter on the right-hand side of the seat base.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:34 AM   #438

THOR #27487
After removing the seat, it turned out that I had: (1) a missing fuse and (2) a loose fuse (not inserted, just hanging on one pin). There are five wires with red inline fuse boxes that I checked.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:44 AM   #439

THOR #25796
Losing Charge

Why would my Lithium battery be losing charge while my van is sitting with nothing on?
Old 08-08-2022, 12:47 AM   #440

THOR #25047
Quote:
Why would my Lithium battery be losing charge while my van is sitting with nothing on?

Maybe obvious question but is the main power off?