Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2021, 07:19 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tranquility "P"
State: Florida
THOR #23612
Tranquility/Sanctuary

I have started this thread so all new Tranquility/Sanctuary owners and those new to the Van Scene can swap Tips/Tricks/Best practices for our new units. We can share maintenance tips, build fixes and other solutions to any issues that we think may be useful for all.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:44 AM   #2

Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23742
Thanks for taking the time to start a Tranquility forum.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:46 AM   #3

THOR #23742
One thing to check, I found some wheel weights in my driveway, they had come off my passenger front wheel, took it for a drive, and at 60-65 mph felt a slight shake. La mesa RV could not balance the tire so I will take it to a shop and send them the bill. So maybe check your wheels if you have any issues with a smooth ride. I have an Agile package with rhino rims.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:48 AM   #4

THOR #23612
did you buy the package as an upgrade from La Mesa? Let's see some pics.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:17 AM   #5

THOR #23742
Yes La Mesa here in San Diego. Will try to upload some pictures.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:04 AM   #6

THOR #23742
Old 07-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #7

THOR #23742
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3434.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	31951
Old 07-09-2021, 03:08 PM   #8

THOR #23742
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3618.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	31952
Old 07-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #9

THOR #23612
Nice! lookin good. Did you do the hood wrap, wheels and tires?
Old 07-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #10

THOR #23742
Red face

Hi, This came with the Agile Offroad package that was on the RV already. Rims, tires wrap, upgraded horn, wifi booster, and a few other items.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:27 AM   #11

Model: Sanctuary 19P
State: Michigan
THOR #23950
My wife and I just got a new Sanctuary 19P and I made this video walkthrough of it. So far we've only camped a couple of nights in it to try it out, and next week we're off for a 9-day trip in Michigan's upper peninsula where we'll try it on some off-road trails. If you watch this on YouTube.com there are bookmarks in the video description so you can jump to specific sections.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:15 AM   #12

THOR #23742
What a great review!!. We have the Tranquility P van and I agree with all you have said. Our biggest issue right now is the bed and the brackets the slide out the small seat to make the bed, the bracket on our van is very high and hurts when you are lying down. I have talked to La mesa RV and hoping for a fix. Can't wait to see your improvement video coming later. Thanks
Old 07-13-2021, 12:56 PM   #13

THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taros View Post
What a great review!!. We have the Tranquility P van and I agree with all you have said. Our biggest issue right now is the bed and the brackets the slide out the small seat to make the bed, the bracket on our van is very high and hurts when you are lying down. I have talked to La mesa RV and hoping for a fix. Can't wait to see your improvement video coming later. Thanks
Interesting, we haven't noticed any discomfort from the brackets or gaps in the bed and in fact we were surprised by that. It might just be different sleeping positions, although we did put a comforter underneath us and that may have smoothed out the bumps.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #14

THOR #23742
Thanks, Jay good to hear no issues, we have a mattress pad and still issues so hoping it's just our bracket and can be fixed and not design issues.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:54 PM   #15

State: British Columbia
THOR #23545
Buyers remorse?

Thank you to those who have posted interesting feedback on your units. I am close to purchasing and just waiting for an 19L. My contract is subject to inspection with the dealer. After reading the posts and some other online reviews and realizing that these threads mainly talk about the things that go wrong - would you current owners say you are generally happy with your units despite the troubles or do you have second thoughts about these units now?
Old 07-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #16

THOR #23742
Happy!!!! with ride and the way it looks. Its our first RV and it seems like even the revel/storyteller at 50/75k more are having their issues too. Just looks like most rv are not put together very well with so many things that can go wrong. Most are minor we looking forward to many fun trips and some more issues too.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:49 PM   #17

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay McClellan View Post
My wife and I just got a new Sanctuary 19P and I made this video walkthrough of it. So far we've only camped a couple of nights in it to try it out, and next week we're off for a 9-day trip in Michigan's upper peninsula where we'll try it on some off-road trails. If you watch this on YouTube.com there are bookmarks in the video description so you can jump to specific sections.

Well done and informative. No whining, just the facts.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:18 AM   #18

THOR #23950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbach View Post
Thank you to those who have posted interesting feedback on your units. I am close to purchasing and just waiting for an 19L. My contract is subject to inspection with the dealer. After reading the posts and some other online reviews and realizing that these threads mainly talk about the things that go wrong - would you current owners say you are generally happy with your units despite the troubles or do you have second thoughts about these units now?
I can't yet say how happy I am because so far I have spent much more time working on the van than camping in it, but that's not the RV's fault. So far the things I had to fix have been fairly minor, and most of the work has been upgrades. I think it's going to be great, once I'm finished customizing it to my liking. I'll post another video after we've done some serious camping and off-roading to put it to the test.

I like how the Sprinter drives, although our washboard roads are making me think I'll soon be ordering this suspension upgrade. That's not something I want to install myself though, and any competent mechanic should be able to handle it but I hope to find a good shop nearby (Grand Rapids MI area) that has done this kind of suspension work on Sprinters.
Old 07-16-2021, 07:18 PM   #19

THOR #23950
We tried out the bed again today, paying attention to the folding seat brackets that some people have complained about, and I understand how they could be uncomfortable. It's just that our sleeping positions mean we're not putting pressure right over those brackets so we don't really notice them at all, and perhaps others can find a position that works for them. We sleep with our heads pretty close to the rear doors, which puts our hips on the main "couch" cushion and well aft of the folding seat brackets. I'm a 6' tall side sleeper and my 5'4" wife sleeps on her back but neither of us notice the brackets under our legs, just not much pressure there plus we use a pillow-top (but not all that thick) mattress cover under us. Hope that helps.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:34 PM   #20

THOR #23612
Tranquility Off Road- I am on a maiden voyage (after spending a few days adding support brackets to the sink base and water filter compartment) I also added a Travel Berkey recess and straps in preparation for off roading. I am in the Ocala National Forest and arrived just as the sun was going down and in search of a boondocking site. I made 3 different trail attempts and finally found a suitable site. Terrain was overgrown, with deep soft sand and a very tight squeeze. Rest assured the Mercedes is a sophisticated 4 wheel beast and will get you home. No suspension or wheel upgrades either. I give it 5 stars given the weight and height.