Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2022, 11:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #27548
2023 Tellaro 20L Inverter

My inverter and CombiMaster is not working. Anyone now how to reset it?

Old 08-25-2022, 03:58 PM   #2

THOR #27548
Inverter

Thor called and two nice ladies help me get it online again.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:28 PM   #3

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Nice , what was their fix ?
Old 08-28-2022, 04:20 AM   #4

THOR #27548
inverter

They told me where the on/off button was hiding and I could not see it. They mounted the inverter under driver's side bed.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:21 PM   #5

THOR #26179
What Inverter model/brand do you have ?
Old 08-28-2022, 06:02 PM   #6

THOR #27548
Inverter

Combi Master 3000 Watt
file:///C:/Users/HP/Desktop/Tellaro/Master%20Volt%20Inverter%20Manual.pdf
Old 08-30-2022, 01:08 AM   #7

Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Interesting the coach was delivered with that switch off? Mine is a 2022 with the same inverter. You would have thought they would have noticed that when they went through the delivery process. I have never turned ours off at the switch mounted on the inverter itself. The on/off switch located on the display panel is a little "tricky" to turn on or off as it seems sometimes requires hitting the button pretty hard and there is a short delay before it reacts. I frequently turn it off to save power on the batteries when not needing it.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:26 PM   #8

THOR #27548
Inverter

The Inverter was on when I bought it brand new in July. In August I took a trip from Kansas to Oregon. At approximately 2ooo mile on odometer the Promaster 3500 A/C went out in 100+ temperatures along our route. I tried to help cool us with RV A/C but it died after 2hrs and the inverter shut down.
When I got to Oregon a nice man at Camping world found that the RV was set up to charge different batteries than the Lithiums and he corrected the programming. Now the Rv charges the batteries.
The 200ah battery system will not run the A/C going down the road even if it is charging them. On trip home I tried to use RV A/C again and that is when the Inverter quit, and I did not know how to get it back online until after we got home.
What was frustrating was NO one at Ram would help us to get the A/C on the Promaster working. They all said I needed to schedule an appointment 3 or 4 months later.
Miserable 3400 mile trip !
Old 08-31-2022, 04:00 PM   #9
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke442@yahoo.com View Post
Combi Master 3000 Watt
file:///C:/Users/HP/Desktop/Tellaro/Master%20Volt%20Inverter%20Manual.pdf
You need to attach the file to your post using the paperclip in the editor. We can't access the file on your the desktop of your HP PC.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10000015714_11-CombiMaster120VSeries.pdf (2.25 MB, 163 views)
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:18 PM   #10

State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Do you know what settings were messed up? I'm having an issue where I my batteries do not charge with engine running (I don't think my problem has anything to do with the inverter). Shore power connected, inverter charges them just fine.

I don't quite understand, where your batteries charging with engine running, but the inverter quit? Did it overheat/overload and pop the breaker (little black button above the on/off switch on inverter)?

Ron
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:34 AM   #11

THOR #26179
Well I have had issues with my Inverter since day one , they are replacing my Transfer switch next week , but I don't think its the Transfer switch & told them so when I lost all 120Volt power , Inverter or SP would not give me 120V. The indicator lights on top of the Inverter ( 3000/12/120 MasterVolt ) show it transferred to SP & shows , 120V power ,charging & one of the Battery charge rate indicators on the Inverter shows it's in Absorption mode to charge the batteries , but no 120 V at all . Sometimes all I have to do is switch off ( open ) the Battery Safety Relay ( yellow Switch / reset button in the middle of it ) , sometimes I have to leave it off for 10 min. , sometimes I have to disconnect the 12 Volt master & the BSR & wait for 10-15 min. & sometimes all I have to do is cycle the Switch on the back of the Inverter , yesterday when I came back from the beach & forgot to shut down the coach A/C & plugged in SP & closed the Panel Breaker , everything switched over fine at first , the A/C stayed on ,I say whoops & shut the Coach A/C off & everything was fine , till I started to clean the sand out of the RV & had no 120V power ,even though the Indicator lights on the Inverter were lit as described above .

So I did my normal routine to reset system , waited for all the indicator lights to go out on the Inverter & switched & reset the BSR , turned SP back On & it was fine for few min. then lost all 120V power , so this time I got the Inverter to reset & turned it off by the remote Panel , Transferred to SP & is still on now & I even tested receptacles & all is good , but the Inverter is still off , so thats telling me its probably the inverter .

If you look at how the Inverter is wired for 120 V , everything (120V ) goes into the Inverter BEFORE its sent to the Breaker Panel in the Coach for 120V power distribution , so if the Inverter is not switch to 120V power distribution , the Coach will not have any . I think mine is locking up or out , what ever .

I think we may have a bad batch of Inverters , because this is not the first one I have read that had to be changed & there has been bad SP Transfer switches also.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #12

THOR #27874
@forthgear - what year is your RV? As you describe you issue, I would head directly to the inverter. Sure, RV's are designed on napkins, every unit since 3/2020 is a 'Friday' build, that's unfortunate but not insurmountable. The problem is that the dealers don't have tech people that can actually troubleshoot, find and fix 'the' problem. They leap right into replace stuff. That's just a lack of understanding the systems and its possible issues.

I believe the inverters are quite configurable with a PC app. There is also a set of dip switches that change its behavior.

I wonder if your issue is a configuration issue, as it seems it works sometimes and not others.

Not that I know anything about the inverter (YET -I'm now going to study it), but I do know I would have approached the debugging a bit different than - oh, lets just replace stuff...

I'd be looking to isolate and find the actual issue...starting with the configuration, it doesn't require a screwdriver; just a computer screen - and someone who knows how to us it.

Ron
Old 09-06-2022, 05:37 PM   #13

THOR #26179
2022 Sanctuary 4x4

From what their lead Tech. said , they talked to Thor directly & it was their course of action also to replace the TS . Likes been said this all relatively new to the RV world & also as said , got some bugs to work out . A short talk with a MasterVolt tech. would be nice .

The Dip switches , as far as I know have not been moved , but thats a good idea to look , I have a Photo of them when cleaning , wink wink . The sequence for those Dip Switches is stated some in my paperwork or a Manual . Now you're going to make me look .

If I was you I would look behind things & under things . This photo is of the back area behind the Panels themselves ,Remote Panels for solar & CM . Notice the Relay hanging there with Electrical tapes around the connections . notice , is that Blue tape or the color of the Terminal connectors plastic insulator .

I have a lot of work to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	under sink RV.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	39358  
Old 09-06-2022, 07:31 PM   #14

THOR #27874
OH my...that looks like a 3rd grader did the wiring. I wish someone would just give a tiny tiny bit of snit and fix this issue. I wonder what the warrantee costs are at Thor. Now I have to pull up the 10K's and read the quarterly's.

For whatever reason manufacturing at Thor is probably not being allocated (or punished enough) fo warrantee cost due to build quality, so why should they care about quality - just get 100 units out the door by noon, the dealers can fix it; 'I'll make my bonus' says the manufacturing manager.

It's also evident that the dealers don't have the right or enough right people. It's a real unfortunate situation. The guys that did my PDI, didn't know squeeze about the details of the unit - just the basics. They both came from a manufacturer, and were thrilled they got out, but also had some not so flattering things to say about who and how these 6 figure $$ units are built....so sad.

Me, I just want 90% of it to work...I'll take it from there.

Ron

Ron
Old 09-06-2022, 10:31 PM   #15

THOR #27874
I found the issue and fixed it. My unit works perfectly now.

Rather than posting twice - please See my post 2023 - Tellaro 20L Balmar Alternator not charging for pics/solution.